Behavioral Research Blog
By noldus information technology, search the blog, subscribe to the blog - get updated monthly.
Examples of Animal Behavior Research
Animal behavior research can involve a wide range of animal species and research subjects. In ethology, animal behavior is studied under natural conditions. Ethology has its roots in the scientific work of Charles Darwin (1809-1882), as well as Dutch biologist Nikolaas Tinbergen (1907-1988).
Ethology combines laboratory and field science, and also has strong relations to other disciplines, such as neuroanatomy, ecology, and evolutionary biology. Researchers in this field of study are interested in understanding the functions, causes, development, and evolution of animal behavior.
In this blog post we describe several examples of animal behavior research. Want to read even more? Please visit our Behavioral Research Blog !
Table of contents
- Observing monkey behavior
Interactive enrichment for great apes
Behavioral observation of new zoo habitat for elephants, neuroscience research with guinea pigs, domesticated vs wild animals, chicken welfare, spatial behaviors in sheep, a rat model for parkinson's disease, how to monitor rat social behavior.
- Spatial learning in rats
- How fruit flies find your food
Studying shrimp feeding behavior.
- Measuring aggressive behavior in dolphins
Observing monkey behavior and their use of tools
We already know some monkeys display above average intelligence. Behavioral studies have shown that capuchin monkeys use tools such as boulders and logs as anvils upon which they can crush nuts. Fragaszy et al. studied a group of wild capuchin monkeys in Brazil, specifically the placement of nuts prior to striking them. An interesting detail: they studied this same behavior in humans as well.
Keep reading: Observing monkey behavior – cracking the nut
There is growing empirical support demonstrating improved welfare in captive animals when they can exert control over their environment. Research shows that great apes can successfully interact with digital media devices and can demonstrate behavioral changes when presented with digital enrichments.
Nicky Kim-McCormack and her colleagues from Australian National University studied the effects of digital enrichment on animal welfare. They included Seoul Zoo’s six orangutans and four chimpanzees in their study.
Continue reading: Measuring changes in captive great ape welfare
The Oregon Zoo (Portland, OR, US) houses a herd of 5 Asian elephants. The zoo wanted to improve their welfare with evidence-based approaches. This meant creating a complex new habitat and monitoring the elephants closely by measuring hormone levels, activity, and behavior before, during, and after construction.
They used The Observer XT behavioral analysis software to monitor the transition of the elephant herd to their new zoo habitat at the Oregon Zoo. This study, recently described in Animals, is a great example illustrating why behavioral observation matters.
Continue reading: Behavioral research shows how elephants like their new habitat at the Oregon Zoo
Photo: Oregon Zoo
According to Kiera-Nicole Lee and her colleagues, guinea pigs differ from mice and rats, and that just might make them more suitable for some neuroscientific studies. This is due to the fact that results from studies with guinea pigs are more easily translated to humans.
Find out more : Why guinea pigs are just like us
Not many studies have compared the behaviors of wild and domesticated animals. When they do, such as with guinea pigs, they mostly compare adults.
Zipser et al. were curious to find out whether the differences in behavior between domesticated guinea pigs and the wild cavies were also found earlier on, and so they compared these species during the early and late phase of adolescence.
Read more: How wild cavies and domesticated guinea pigs differ
There are almost 100 million chickens in the Netherlands — that's about 17 times as many chickens as people. Their welfare has improved enormously in the past few years, but there is still plenty of room for improvement.
In the ChickenStress project, we work with different partners to improve chicken welfare and reduce problems like feather pecking.
Read more: Research aims of the ChickenStress project
The study of movement, activity, and behavior is valuable in research on animal health and welfare, specifically in livestock research . Understanding animal behavior in different environments provides insights that can help improve their living conditions.
There is still a lot to learn about the behavioral and social patterns in sheep. At the Aberystwyth University in Wales, UK, researchers used TrackLab for tracking and detailed analysis of spatial behaviors in sheep.
Tracking sheep to learn their behavior .
Request a demo to obtain real-time insights into the activity, welfare, and health of your livestock.
- Accurate tracking data
- Gain insights into many parameters
- Easily access, export, and analyze data
Parkinson’s disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects mobility in a life-changing way. Slow movement, shuffling of the feet, and difficulties initiating movement are all impairments we recognize as typical for this disease.
Researchers Jordi Boix and his colleagues, from the University of Auckland in New Zealand, used two rat models to investigate a number of gait parameters. Their aim was to find resemblance to human symptoms, and to specifically find them early on.
Read more: Using gait analysis in research on Parkinson's disease
How to measure spatial learning in rodents: 5 proven ways
Spatial learning basically refers to the association or representation of an organism in a three-dimensional environment. If we translate this to basic animal research terms: An animal learning its position in a given space. This task highly relies on visual cues and/or landmarks, whether in humans or animals.
Why is it important and how do we measure it? Here we dive into 5 different behavioral tests that specifically measure spatial learning and memory in rodents.
Monitoring and analyzing the social behavior of group housed rodents is something that many researchers find extremely challenging. It can also be very time consuming. However, including social behavior as part of a phenotypic screen has important benefits, and eventually leads to better translational value of rodent models . During her PhD research, Suzanne Peters developed an automated analysis that allows for the monitoring of socially interacting rats.
Read more: Into the lab: how to monitor rat social behavior
Aither recent study by Bartal et al drove our curiousity to write this blog about altruistic behavior in rats . This study shows how this type of behavior is neurally linkend to the social functioning of humans.
Request a free trial and find out what EthoVision XT can do for your research!
- A cost-effective solution
- Powerful data selection
- Most cited video tracking system
How fruit flies find your food (and mates!)
Those tiny flies that take over your garbage cans in the summer? They are called fruit flies for a reason! They have a fantastic sense of smell. Drosophila melanogaster (or fruit flies) are a popular animal model for researchers , because they have a fairly similar genetic makeup to our human genome, and they are easily manipulated to create genetically different strains. For neuroscientific studies, this makes them a really good model to learn about the effects of genes on behavior.
Find out what researchers discovered about fruit flies and their smell .
The zebrafish has become an important vertebrate model to study (developmental) neurobiology and behavior, not in the least because of recent improvements in transgenic, optogenetic and imaging techniques, and behavioral assays.
More and more studies with zebrafish are conducted. Some examples:
- A new zebrafish model for ALS-related gene mutations
- How to measure complex exploratory behavior in larval zebrafish
- How optogenetics is used to study the stress response in zebrafish larvae
- Social buffering in zebrafish
- Strain differences in zebrafish behavior and physiology
- Studying zebrafish behavior using video tracking software
Request a free demo for your zebrafish research.
- Measure activity, heartbeat, and flow
- Track the movement of adult zebrafish
- Control your testing environment
Shrimp is a popular dish, and these crustaceans are a very large part of commercial aquaculture. Especially Pacific white-leg shrimp, as they grow fast and are able to adapt to a wide range of environments. Finding the optimal way to feed shrimp can make or break profitable farming.
This is why investigating the best feeding protocols has gained more interest lately, and a big part of that is looking at feeding behavior. In fact, understanding the basics of shrimp behavior is a crucial fundament to the refinement of feeding practices.
Learn more about studying shrimp feeding behavior and why it’s important for aquaculture .
Using the Observer XT to measure aggressive behavior in Dolphins
Atlantic spotted dolphins (Stenella frontalis) and bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops truncates) are a sympatric species, meaning they are very closely related while also inhabiting the same geographic region, in this case, the northern Bahamas. These species are known to travel and forage together but they also engage in aggressive interactions.
Volker and Herzing, from the Florida Atlantic University, recently published an article in ‘Animal behavior and cognition’ on aggressive interactions between dolphins .
- Lee, K.-N.; Pellom, S.T.; Oliver, E.; Chirwa, S. Characterization of the guinea pig animal model and subsequent comparison of the behavioral effects of selective dopaminergic drugs and methamphetamine . Synapse, accepted article , doi: 10.1002/syn.21731.
- Zipser, B.; Schleking, A.; Kaiser, S.; Sachser, N. (2014). Effects of domestication of biobehavioural profiles: a comparison of domestic guinea pigs and wild cavies from early to late adolescence . Frontiers in Zoology , 11 , 30.
- Boix, J.; von Hieber, D.; Connor, B. (2018). Gait Analysis for Early Detection of Motor Symptoms in the 6-OHDA Rat Model of Parkinson’s Disease . Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience , 12 , 39.
- Capriello, T.; Consiglio Grimaldi, M.; Cofone, R.; D'Aniello, S.; Ferrandino, I. (2019). Effects of aluminium and cadmium on hatching and swimming ability in developing zebrafish. Chemosphere , 222 (2019), 243-249.
- Kim-McCormack, N.E.; Smith, C.L.; Behie, A. M. (2016). Is interactive technology a relevant and effective enrichment for captive great apes? Applied Animal Behavioural Science , 185 , 1-8.
- Fragaszy, D.M.; Liu, Q.; Wright, B.W.; Allen, A.; Welch Brown, C.; Visalberghi, E. (2013). Wild bearded capuchin monkeys (sapajus libidinosus) strategically place nuts in a stable position during nut-cracking. PLOS ONE , 8 (2) , e56182.
- Volker, C. L.; Herzing, D. L. (2021). Aggressive Behaviors of Adult Male Atlantic Spotted Dolphins: Making Signals Count during Intraspecific and Interspecific Conflicts. Anim. Behav. Cogn., 8 (1) , 35–51
Get the latest blog posts delivered to your inbox - every 15 th of the month
Want to learn more? Download the white paper on mice avoidance learning!
White paper download "Mice avoidance learning"
A new approach in the battle against malaria
Using several behavioral tests to investigate the role of the NR1 gene in schizo
Measuring behavioral effects of laboratory rearing on starlings
Contact information, global headquarters, north american headquarters, asian headquarters, main applications, human behavior research, animal behavior research, main products.
Copyright © 2023 Noldus Information Technology BV. All rights reserved.
50+ Inspiring Animal Research Topics
Why choose animal research topics for writing purposes .
Contrary to popular belief, animal research topics are not only used by veterinarians. They are also pursued by students majoring in Healthcare, Sound Engineering, and even subjects like Fashion Studies and Chemistry. Of course, it may require writing an excellent custom research paper because the trick here is to tailor things to what you need. The most challenging, however, is to choose your topic correctly and avoid being vague about what you must explore. Even if you would like to explore environmental issues, using animal research topics will be essential. You need to provide an explanation of your reasoning and the negative effects of human interaction with flora and fauna.
How To Choose Animals Research Topics?
While there may be no universal topic that will reflect all sides of animal-related research, consider those subjects that you know well. It must inspire you and be an area where you feel comfortable. If you love marine life and can provide personal research examples, it would be good to choose something that will suit a reflection journal. Alternatively, consider animal topics for research papers that can be supported by reliable sources and statistical information.
Start with an outline or a list of arguments that you would like to explore. Once done, continue with the wording for your topic that introduces the problem and offers a solution. You may also pose a research question about a problem or make a claim that will be supported by what you include in your paper. Always refer to your grading rubric and choose your research paper type accordingly. For example, your nursing research paper may talk about the use of animals for rehabilitation purposes, while a legal student may talk about animal rights in various countries. It all should be approached through the lens of what you learn as a primary subject!
50+ Most Interesting & Easy Animal Research Topics
- animal physiology research topics .
As you might already know, animal physiology studies anything related to the physical processes, changes in behaviors, breeding patterns, and more. As you think about choosing the animal physiology branch, always narrow things down if possible.
- Life-supporting properties of trained dogs in the wilderness.
- Homeostatic processes in migrating birds and the global warming challenges.
- The changes in circadian pacemakers and the processes of aging.
- The changes in flora and related metabolomic-based processes.
- Self-healing practices and digestive enzyme aspects.
- Food intake and glucose stimulation methods.
- Insensitivity to insulin: causes and consequences among domestic animals.
- Muscle cells development and fat management.
- Fish and Shellfish immunology processes in relation to Covid-19 studies.
- The role of mammals in the prevention of aquatic toxicology.
- Controversial Animal Topics
This aspect of animal research essay writing may not be everyone’s cup of tea, which is why it is necessary to explore the facts and provide information that represents both sides of the debate. Stay sensitive and avoid being too graphic unless it is necessary. Below are some ideas to consider:
- The cultural practices of whaling in the Faroe Islands and Iceland.
- Animal testing and vaccination practices in Asian countries.
- The use of horses, camels, and donkeys to entertain tourists in the Middle East.
- The consequences of irresponsible dog breeding practices.
- Climate change and the subsequent loss of the natural habitat.
- The dark truth about the ivory trade.
- The use of pets for advertisement and promotional purposes.
- Animal rights protection and restrictions of breeding.
- SPA for the pets: a natural development or immoral practice?
- Animal trading and certification issues.
- Animal Rights Topics For Research Paper
The subject of animal rights is popular among students coming from all academic disciplines. Since you can approach it via the philosophical, legal, or medical lens, think about how to reflect your primary skills. It will make your research of animal right topics sound more confident.
- The regulation of puppy mills and breeding in the United States.
- The legal aspect of animal sports and related regulation.
- How should one treat pets that have been abandoned by the owners?
- Clothing industry and legal regulations: from trading to advertisement.
- The use of innovative methods in medical research and experimentation.
- Animal ethics and the theological aspect of animal rights.
- Training your dog well: what are the basic behavior rules to consider?
- The breeding limitations and the farming practices in the United Kingdom.
- Animal rights in the United States vs regulations in Canada.
- Animal trading: what country should be held responsible for animal mistreatment?
- Interesting Animal Research Topics
- Why do elephants remember everything and how does their brain work?
- Perception of love and affection among dogs vs cats.
- The communication methods used by the dolphins.
- Do horses feel the spirit of the competition during the ride?
- Perception of children and the elderly by mammals.
- Survival in the wilderness and the hunt for water.
- The navigation system of the working bee.
- How has technology changed domestic animals and their habits?
- The use of dogs in the world’s rescue operations: unusual case studies.
- Establishment of emotional bonds with dogs vs cats.
- Veterinary Topics For Research Paper
In the majority of cases, you may refer to your veterinary branch first and proceed from there or take a look at the variety of veterinary research topics that we have presented below. Remember to quote every citation and idea that has been taken from other sources to avoid plagiarism.
- How to establish immune responses in chickens by using disease vaccine prevention methods?
- How do low doses of ketamine affect healthy dogs during epidural anesthesia?
- The use of biomarkers for therapeutic purposes and the role of pet owners.
- RNA genetic analysis and the use of AI-based endometria research to establish common sequences.
- What do we know about canine coronavirus research: pros and cons of artificial modeling.
- Egg production changes related to air pollution and chemical vapors.
- Wildlife surveillance ethics in the United States: pros and cons of modern remote monitoring.
- What are the causes and consequences of selenium deficiency and how can this aspect be addressed by the tissue analysis.
- Veterinary cardiology principles and the use of knowledge sourced from human cardio-vascular research.
- Canine immunopathologies and the high levels of stress caused by Covid-19 restrictions and social distancing.
- Animal Testing Research Topics
Even though this subject seems to be discussed everywhere these days, finding good animals topics to write about that deal with animal testing is not easy. Think about what are the underlying reasons for testing and what forces scientists to use it as a method. It will help you come up with ideas and better exploration strategies.
- Does finding a cure without the use of animals represent only an economical challenge?
- Genetic research in the United States and the use of animals for research purposes.
- Should animal cloning and illegal breeding practices be banned?
- Beauty products industry and animal testing controversies.
- Stell Cell Research: the role of animals in the current advancement.
- Cell modulation and modeling as the replacement of animal testing.
- Animal experimentation and the history of the world's vaccination methods.
- Does animal testing lead to safety in relation to emerging diseases?
- Animal lifespan and the research objectives for medical testing.
- Current human testing practices: do they represent an alternative to animal testing?
- Animal Cruelty Topics
Warning: writing about animal cruelty subject is not for everyone, which is why you must be aware that the facts and statistics you may find will be shocking. It should be explored only if you are ready to embrace this disturbing subject. At the same time, you can explore milder animal cruelty cases like using pets as influencers on social media or the use of donkeys at the beaches to entertain tourists. There is always something to think about!
- The practice of cockfighting.
- The cultural heritage of bull-fighting in Spain.
- The use of monkeys for entertaining purposes.
- How are animal rights obeyed during filming practices?
- The use of pets as animal beauty promoters and social media influencers.
- Illegal farming practices in Asian countries and the Middle East.
- How can dog hunters be identified and punished?
- Why does whaling still continue in the Faroe Islands?
- The use of natural fur during beauty commercials.
- Vegetarian foods production: how justified it is for natural animal habitat?
- Research Questions About Animals
When you would like to take a general approach to animals research, it is good to come up with a research question as a part of your thesis statement or main argumentation. See these animals research paper examples:
- The use of canines in cancer research methods: what breeds fit the most?.
- Pig kidney transplantation methods: what are the core genetic aspects.
- The use of rats in the decrease of immune diseases: why do they represent the most fitting species?
- Blood transfusions and the use of animal cardio-vascular system principles: what are the points to consider?
- Can animal behavior patterns be helpful for use in human mental diseases?
- Animal Welfare Regulations: are there mechanisms to have an impact on animal care?
- The use of dangerous dog breeds in the world: should such breeding be regulated like gun control?
- Improvement of cognitive functions among children who are dog owners: what is the role of the animals in question?.
- PTSD among military veterans: how can we use the animals to help the healing processes?
- The study of myocardial infarction in primates vs canine studies: why dogs represent better research models?
Get Professional Help For Your Animal Research Paper
Without a doubt, it is easy to get stuck with a multitude of topics and ideas. If you are planning to write about animal rights but do not know how to include certain animal physiology principles, it is safer to consider timely help with research paper . Our skilled team of specialists in this field will provide you with relevant sources and will help you polish things to perfection when you need assistance or do not know how to continue.
The same relates to checking your existing draft and citations in terms of plagiarism and originality. Writing about animals is never easy, which is why we know how you feel and also realize what your college professors expect to see. Take a look at our research topics about animals, trust us with your concerns and we shall help you achieve success!
Order your paper now!
- 100+ Best Science Topics for Research Papers
- Cultural Research Paper Topics
- Entrepreneurship Research Paper Topics
- 100+ Best Religion Research Paper Topics in 2023
- 110 Unique Tranding Fashion Research Paper Topics and Ideas
Find the best tips and advice to improve your writing. Or, have a top expert write your paper.
244 Awesome Animal Topics for Research Papers
So, did your professor just asked you to write an exceptional animals research paper? You may think that it is an easy assignment, but it may not be. Don’t wait until the last possible moment to write this essay because you may not be able to do a good job on it. Even though you know how to write the paper, there is another problem you need to take into consideration: finding a great topic.
Truth be told, finding excellent animal topics for research papers is a lot more difficult than you think. Yes, you can find many such topics on the Internet, but you won’t be able to find an original one. Unfortunately, your classmates are using the same websites to look for ideas. This means that you could pick a topic that one or more of your classmates have already selected. Your teacher will definitely not appreciate it, and this will reflect on your final grade.
Looking for Awesome Animal Topics for Research Papers?
All students looking for research paper on animals should visit this page periodically. Our topics are the best and they are all 100% original. Also, many of them are relatively easy to use. Keep in mind that a good topic is one that has plenty of information about it on the Internet. Why spend days doing the research when you can start writing the paper right away?
But why would you choose our animal research topics? There are surely other good topics on the Internet. Well, there really aren’t that many good ideas on other websites. Here are just some of the reasons to take a look at our ideas and pick the best topics for your next research paper:
All our ideas are original at the time this article was written. These topics have been created by our experienced ENL writers. We are working hard to add new topics periodically. Also, we are removing topics that are not of interest anymore. You can use any of our topics without having to pay anything. Yes, this list of topics really is 100 percent free. You do not have to give credit to our website when you use a topic you find on this page. You are free to reword our topics as you see fit. You can always get in touch with our experienced writers and editors if you need more topics. We can compile a brand new list just for you in no time.
Choose One of Our 244 Research Topics About Animals
You can find everything from animal rights to veterinary doctor topics in our latest list of 244 animal topics for a research paper. Enjoy:
Easy Animal Topics to Write About
If you are looking for some easy animal topics to write about, we have the best ideas. Check out the ideas below and pick the best one for your next research paper:
- Discuss a well-known Asiatic horse breed
- Dog vs. cat as a pet
- How to train a pony quickly
- Polar bears at the South Pole?
- Saving the last remaining orangutans
- The weirdest 3 animals on Earth
- Poaching and its negative effects
- Best ways to train a dog
- Negative effects of veal on humans
- Best ways to train a cat
- Discuss the classification of migratory birds
- Why are penguins flightless birds?
- Africa and its wildlife: an in-depth analysis
- Can you have a pet spider?
- Can Grizzly bears sense fear?
- Methods to prevent poaching in wildlife preserves
- Negative effects of pork meat on humans
- The disastrous effects of palm oil
Interesting Animal Research Topics
If you are looking for some of the most interesting animal research topics on the Internet, you have arrived at the right place. Here are some ideas for you:
- Are mosquitos useless insects?
- Lion prides in African wildlife preserves
- Talk about the anatomy of the hyena
- An in-depth look at the Tardigrade
- Discuss the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species
- Best wildlife parks in the United States
- Animal adaptations to survive the desert
- Endangered animal species in the UK
- Analyze a butterfly’s life cycle
- Are dolphins really as intelligent as they are portrayed?
- Is medical testing on animals justified?
- Pros and cons of zoos
- Giant Panda and related conservation efforts
- Benefits of poisonous animals
- Should you spay or neuter your pet?
- How do monkeys climb trees so quickly?
- Largest whales in the world
- Animal adaptations to survive the cold
- What is a porpoise?
- Ethical problems with animal testing
Research Questions About Animals
Take a look at our research questions about animals and pick the one you like. All of these questions should work great for 2023:
- Should we test antibiotics on animals?
- Why did the dinosaurs go extinct?
- How do you care for an exotic pet?
- Which is a better pet, a cat or a dog?
- Which is the largest predator in the United States?
- Are zoos inhumane prisons for animals?
- Are dolphins friendly?
- Do we have the right to kill animals?
- Should we ban hunting for sport?
- Should we give animals more rights?
- Should we stop euthanizing stray animals?
- How can we protect endangered species?
- Which is the largest land mammal in Europe?
- Should you buy a dog or adopt one?
- Do you really need a pet?
- Should exotic pets be banned in the UK?
- Can we improve the life of zoo animals?
- Should punishments for animal cruelty be more severe?
- Can a fox be a good pet?
- Is medical testing on animals justifiable?
Animal Rights Topics for Research Paper
Are you looking for awesome animal rights topics for research paper? No problem, we have a list of the most interesting topics right here:
- Talk about animal rights in the US
- Giving more rights to animals in the US
- Discuss animal rights in China
- Do feral dogs have any rights?
- Analyze animal rights in Europe
- Do invasive species have rights too?
- Discuss animal rights in the United Kingdom
- Fishing practices and animal rights
- Analyze animal rights in North Korea
- Discuss animal rights in zoos
- Destroying predator animals without breaking the law
- Discuss animal rights in India
- Do feral cats have rights too?
- Analyze the ethics behind pet euthanasia
- Factory farming and animal rights
- Discuss cow rights in India
- Animal rights violations in the whaling industry
- Cosmetics testing on animals
- Analyze the decline of ivory trade worldwide
- Cockfighting in the United States
Simple Animal Rescue Topics
We know you probably don’t want to spend too much time working on your research paper. Check out the following list of simple animal rescue topics and choose one:
- Why should we rescue animals in need?
- Effects of Australian bushfires
- Poor social skills of rescue animals
- What does animal rescue do?
- Negative effects of wildfires on animals in the US
- Should zoos be forced to rescue animals?
- Euthanizing rescued animals
- Exotic animals in the United States
- Resource guarding problems with rescue dogs
- Lack of veterinary care for rescued animals
- Inadequate screening procedures for adoption
- Anxiety problems in rescue dogs
- Destructive behavior in rescue cats
- The dangers of animal rescue operations
- Where do rescued animals end up?
- Are all rescued animals traumatized?
Veterinary Topics for Research Paper
Interested in writing about veterinary topics? Our experienced writers and editors have compiled a list of great veterinary topics for research paper:
- What does being a veterinarian mean?
- Challenges of the veterinary profession
- What is Brucellosis?
- Most common cat diseases in the United Kingdom
- Discuss biomedical research conducted on animals
- Talk about poor veterinary care in rural areas of Europe
- Discuss natural animal feeds
- Breakthroughs in veterinary technology
- Best way to fight a Tapeworm infection
- Diseases humans can get from pets
- Most popular exotic animals as pets in 2023
- Using punishments effectively for training purposes
- Why it’s good to microchip your pets
- Causes of mycotoxicoses
- Ways to treat a Hookworm infection
- Is there an effective cure for Rabies?
- Most common dog diseases in the US
- Can Campylobacteriosis infections cause death?
Animal Abuse Topics
If you want to write about animal abuse and other related subjects, we have a list of animal abuse topics that should get you a top grade on your next research paper:
- Talk about animal abuse issues in the United States
- Animal abuse issues in the United Kingdom
- Animal cruelty versus animal abuse
- Discuss animal abuse issues in China
- Effects of animal hoarding behaviors
- Staging animal fights is abuse
- Animal abuse issues in Eastern Europe
- Cruelty to animals leading to violence against people
- Animal abuse issues in India
- Is animal testing animal abuse?
- Can neglect be considered animal abuse?
- Animal abuse: rural versus urban cases
- Shooting is an animal abuse
- Animal abuse laws in the US
- Animal abuse laws in the UK
Animal Topics for High School
Looking for some of the best animal topics for high school? Take a look at the list below and pick the most interesting idea:
- Why is veterinary care so expensive?
- Differences between dromedaries and camels
- Should pets be allowed in school?
- Compare and contrast lions and cheetahs
- Wild animals as pets in the UK
- The worst pet on Earth
- Adopting an animal from the local animal shelter
- Can elephants swim?
- An in-depth look at the camel
- Compare and contrast cats and dogs
- Discuss irresponsible dog breeding in your city
- Analyze the habitat loss of orangutans
- How do killer whales hunt?
- Animal rights issues in Asia
- Discuss disastrous fishing practices
- Animal welfare issues in adoption centers
Animal Testing Research Topics
Talking about animal testing research topics shouldn’t worry you, as long as you remain objective and impartial. Here are some relatively simple topics on this:
- Is it ethical to test cosmetics on animals?
- Animals used for chemical warfare testing
- Lab mice and their awful fate
- Testing vaccines on animals
- Finding a cure for Covid-19 using animals
- Stem cell research using animals
- Worst medical tests done on animals
- Banning animal experimentation in the UK
Animal Cruelty Topics
Looking for the best and most interesting animal cruelty topics you can find? We have a list of ideas right here for high school and college students:
- Animal cruelty punishments in the US
- What constitutes animal cruelty?
- Puppy mills in the United States
- Animal cruelty punishments in the UK
- Exotic animals as pets: a form of cruelty
- Dog fighting
- Pet overpopulation in large cities
- Factory farming
- Animal abuse vs. animal cruelty
Persuasive Topics About Animals
Writing about animals in a persuasive manner shouldn’t be too difficult. If you have access to some good persuasive topics about animals to write about, things will get even easier:
- Stop deforestation before it is too late
- Avoid eating animal foods
- The effects of global warming on wildlife
- Stop using animals in circuses
- Avoid eating pork
- Get your pet a microchip
- Is pet insurance worth the money?
- Foxes are not meant to be pets
- Adopt your pet instead (as opposed to buying it)
- Negative consequences of pollution on animals
- Banning factory farming practices
Endangered Animals Topics
Do you want to raise awareness about endangered species of animals? No problem, we have some of the greatest endangered animals topics right here:
- Can we save the whooping crane?
- Saving the bonobo monkey
- Can we save the peregrine falcon?
- The endangered Galapagos penguin
- Can we save the black-footed ferret?
- Save the South Asian river dolphin
- Can we save the whale shark?
- The dwindling population of Loggerhead sea turtles
- Can we save the Monarch butterfly?
Advanced Topics About Animals
If you want to impress your professor, why not write your research papers on some advanced topics about animals? Here are a couple of interesting ideas for students:
- The life cycle of an alligator
- Most dangerous exotic pets
- Deep sea fish adaptations
- Discuss bioluminescence
Informative Animal Topics for an Essay
Writing an informative essay is definitely not a complicated thing to do. However, the grade you get on your paper depends on the quality of the informative animal topics for an essay:
- Describe the rabbit
- Discuss the red panda
- Describe the horse
- What is a Saola?
- Talk about the Thylacine
- An in-depth look at the Asian elephant
- Talk about the Dodo bird
- Wolfs on the edge of extinction
- What is a Kakapo bird?
- Are polar bears in danger?
- The life of the green sea turtle
Complex Veterinarian Research Paper Topics
If you want to try your hand at some complicated research papers, we have some quite complex veterinarian research paper topics right here:
- How do dog vaccines work?
- Why are lab mice perfect for experiments?
- Animals in extreme cold conditions
- Animals at extreme depths: adaptations
Most Engaging Animal Topics
We know, you want to engage your audience and impress everyone in the class. Here are some of our most engaging animal topics. Pick one and start writing now:
- Buying your child a pet
- Animal fight games in the UK
- Should you vaccinate your cat?
- Zoo animals psychological issues
Topics About Your Favorite Animal
Everyone has a favorite animal, including your teacher. So, why not write something about it? Here are some topics about your favorite animal that should work great:
- What is your favorite animal and why?
- The funniest animals in existence
- Why do dogs make such good pets?
- Should you own an exotic pet?
- What do you appreciate about your favorite animal?
- The best animal in the world
- The traits of your favorite animal
- Can an animal be loyal?
Animal Topics for College
College students should not pick easy topics because professors tend to penalize them. Check out these animal topics for college students and select one of them:
- The best pet for a college student
- How do Tardigrades survive in space?
- Using snake venom to make anticancer drugs
Controversial Animals Topics
Why would you be afraid to write about controversial topics? Check out our list controversial animals topics and pick the best one for your needs right now:
- Chemical testing on animals
- Weapon testing on animals
- Testing cosmetic products on animals
- Testing new drugs on animals
- Animals used in scientific experiments
- Saving laboratory mice from their fate
- Poaching in Africa
- Stopping the trade of ivory
- Hunting animals for their fur
Topics on the Conservation of Animal Species
There are so many endangered species of animals in the world that it’s difficult to pick one to write about. Here are some of our most interesting topics on the conservation of animal species:
- An in-depth look at the conservation of wild orangutans
- Analyze conservation efforts of the lion population
- Saving the blue whales from extinction
- An in-depth look at the conservation of wild cheetahs
- An in-depth look at the conservation of wild tigers
- Is the California condor an endangered species?
- Saving the snow leopards from extinction
- Analyze conservation efforts of the giant panda population
- An in-depth look at the conservation of wild Javan rhinoceros
Argumentative Essay Topics About Animals
Finding some exceptional argumentative essay topics about animals can be difficult, especially if you want your paper to stand out from the rest. Here are some great ideas for you:
- Cats make the best pets
- Animals should not be held in captivity
- Exotic pet ownership must be banned
- Palm oil should be banned
- Zoos should be more tightly regulated
- Never feed wildlife no matter what
- We need more elephant sanctuaries
- Stopping Maasai from hunting lions
- Dogs make the best service animals
- Hyenas are becoming an endangered species
- The importance of flies
Get Help From Our Professional Writers
Did you know that our professional writers can write you an interesting and comprehensive essay about animals? If you are in vet school or just looking to get into veterinary school, we can help you. Every student needs a bit of free time every now and then, especially when professors swamp them with essays and term papers. Our company is here to give you the free time you need. Let us write those boring essays for you and focus on what matters the most for you. We have the best writers and editors on the Web, so your essay will be perfect in every way. Don’t forget to ask us about our current offers and discounts!
So, can you help me do my thesis? Your thesis or dissertation supervisor or assistant will guide you through the process of completing your paper, but he or she won’t write it for you, nor will he or she do the research for you. This is why we recommend you give our writing service a try. Our experts are all PhD degree holders, which means that your paper will be written by an experienced writer who knows the field very well. Also, we are very reliable. You get a Money Back guarantee when you work with us, so you don’t have to worry about delays or subpar content. Also, we guarantee that the academic paper will be 100% unique. Our customer support is online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Get in touch with us for quick assistance!
Make PhD experience your own
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Enjoy a completely custom, expertly-written dissertation. Choose from hundreds of writers, all of whom are career specialists in your subject.
Best Animal Research Topics for Your Research Papers
Animals, of course is what almost everyone can relate with. However, you may never know you don’t know much about animals until your professor ask you to write a research paper on animals. Then you will begin to realize you have limited or no idea about some animals you have seen regularly.
Animal research paper may not be as easy as you think. Getting the right topic idea before the proper writing is as difficult as writing itself. Since you are writing about a general subject such as animals, the most impressive thing is to write about a seemingly unpopular idea about animals. This will make your research paper more valuable and commendable.
Your next question will then be, how do I get the right animal research topics? No doubt, it seems difficult to get the right topic to write about animals. However, we have helped to compile the best topics to consider in your next research paper. In this piece, you will find several topics for different types of essays and research papers.
Easy Animals Research Topics
There is no doubt about it, there are topics that can be considered as easy for research writing. Such topics are easy to research and develop. Students who do not enjoy tedious research will rather go for this kind of topic. The following are easy animal research paper topics you can consider;
- What is an Asiatic horse breed and what are its characteristics?
- Dog vs cat: What are the similarities and differences between these two pets?
- Simple ways to train a pony quickly.
- Can Polar bears be seen at the South Pole?
- Identifying the top 3 weirdest animals on Earth and their characteristics.
- What is poaching and what are the negative effects?
- What are penguins and why are they known as flightless birds?
- An in-depth analysis of Africa and its vast wildlife.
- What are migratory birds: Identifying the classification and characteristics.
- Poaching and its negative effects on wildlife and methods to discourage it.
Best Animal Research Topics and Questions
Every research paper must be able to give answers to a research question. In the case of animals, some questions beg for answers that can be considered for research writing. These kinds of questions present your research writing as a valid and relatable one. You can consider the following animal research questions in your next paper writing;
- Testing of antibiotics on animals: is it appropriate or the wrong approach?
- The extinction of dinosaurs: what are the factors responsible for their extinction?
- What is an exotic pet and how do you care for it?
- What is a better pet between a dog and a cat?
- What animal should be considered the largest predator and what are its characteristics?
- Keeping animals in zoos: will you consider this inhumane treatment?
- Do humans have the right to kill animals and what are animal rights?
- Hunting for sport: Is this activity improper and should it be banned?
- What are endangered species and how can they be protected?
- Exotic pets in the United Kingdom: What are the excesses and why should they be banned?
Simple Animal Topics for Research Papers on Animal Rescue
Animal rescue is an important discussion on animals in recent times. There are mixed submissions about this subject and these discussions have given birth to a lot of controversies. Addressing any of such topics in your research paper writing proves your knowledge about animals. Here are topics on animal rescue you can consider for your research writing;
- Rescuing animals in need or danger: what we should all know.
- A simple review of the Australian bushfire and its effects on wildlife.
- Poor social skills in rescuing animals and how to develop effectiveness.
- A simple review of wildfire in the United State and the consequent effect on wildlife.
- Rescuing dogs in the military: what are the resources guarding problems and how to address them?
- Analyzing the lack of proper veterinary care for rescued animals.
- What is an anxiety problem in animals using rescuing dogs as a case study?
- Evaluating rescue cats and their destructive problem.
- Analyzing the end of life of rescue animals: What eventually happened to these animals?
- Inadequate screening for the adoption of rescue animals and its effects on the entire process.
Animal Research Project Ideas College
College students who study animal science-related courses are likely to write often about animals. As such, there should be a dedicated topic section for college students. Writing about animals as a college student is no less than writing as a university student. However, college students should consider writing on the following topics about animals;
- Should a college student consider having a pet and what pet is the best consideration?
- Tardigrades: Do tardigrades live in space and how do they survive?
- Evaluating the process of using snake venom in the production of anticancer drugs.
- What are the factors to consider before buying your kids a pet?
- Analyzing the animal fight in the United Kingdom and the effect on animal rights.
- What are psychological issues present in zoo animals?
- Cats’ vaccination: What are the effects and why is it important?
- Evaluating animals in extreme weather conditions: What are their features and adaptation methods?
- Lab mice: why are these animals considered a perfect fit for experiments?
- What are dog vaccines and what is their importance?
Best Dog Research Topics
Dogs by far seem to be the most popular animals and pets on Earth. There are a lot of interesting things to explore about this unique animal. You may then want to write some research papers on dogs and their uniqueness. Here are research topics about dogs to consider;
- Research paper on the evolution of dogs from Gray Wolf.
- Dog as a human best pet ever: What are the factors responsible for dog wide acceptance as the best pet?
- All you need to know about classical conditioning and how to teach new tricks to your dog.
- What is ropeless dog lead and how feasible is this dog leading model?
- How to address the moral dilemma of incessant barking in dogs.
- Identifying the aggressive and unaggressive breeds of dogs and factors responsible for such behaviors.
- How does tail wagging signify the emotion and expression of happiness in dogs?
- What is animal-assisted therapy and how does your dog qualify for one?
- What is operant conditioning in dogs and what are the consequences?
- Why is a protection dog important and what breeds are the most suitable?
Animal Rights Topics for Research Paper
Animal rights have been one of the most trending topics about animals in recent times. While it is difficult to believe that animals have rights, a lot of people need to understand that they really do. Writing a research paper on animal rights can be an attempt to establish the truth about animals and their rights. The following are animal rights research topics to consider in your next research writing;
- Animal rights movement in the United State: an overview of the goals of the movement.
- Do animals require more rights and what should they be?
- An overview of animal rights in China and how effective it is.
- Discussing animal rights in the United Kingdom and evaluating the implementation so far.
- Does keeping animals in zoos violate animal rights and what are the best zoological practices?
- What are the violations of animal rights in fishing practices?
- What is the implication of animal rights on invasive species?
- Analyzing animal rights in Europe and what are the clauses that make up the right?
- Evaluating cow rights in India and Africa: what are the best practices to maintain animal rights?
- Can predator animals be killed without breaking animal rights rules?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Animals
Discussions on animals will either take the form of support or oppose the motion. While everyone may not have the same idea, persuasive essays help establish your idea in the best way to convince others. There are a lot of topics about animals that are best discussed in a persuasive essay. The following are persuasive animal topics to write about;
- Stopping deforestation and how it can help in preserving wildlife.
- A persuasive essay on stopping the eating of animal food to preserve animal life.
- What are the effects of global warming on wildlife and what we can do to ease the effect?
- What is using animals in circuses and why you should stop the act.
- What is pet insurance, does it worth it and why should you consider it?
- What are the negative effects of pollution on animals and what we should do to help the situation?
- Why should pet owners adopt their pets rather than buy them?
- Why you should not consider foxes as pets.
- Why you should stop eating pork and what are the health benefits attached to this action?
- Why you should get your pet a microchip for easy control and communication?
Argumentative Topics About Animals
An argumentative essay is the type of essay that seeks to argue out a point to convince others. The topic for such an essay must be one that allows for heated discussion on the subject of animals. There are quite a lot of animal topics that have generated debates over time. You can write an argumentative essay on the following research topics about animals;
- Do cats make the best pets as opposed to dogs?
- Why is it inappropriate to hold animals in captivity and what should be the right practices?
- Should exotic pet ownership be banned and why should this happen?
- Should a man feed wildlife and why?
- Debate on whether zoos should be more regulated and why?
- Debates on whether the Massai should be stopped from hunting lions and why?
- Are Hyenas becoming endangered species and arguing the causes.
- Why do we need more elephant sanctuaries and what is their importance?
- Debates on why dogs should be considered the best service animals and why?
- Arguing on the importance of flies to mankind as opposed to their disadvantages.
Veterinarian Research Paper Topics
Veterinarians are known to be the closest to animals. They are considered to have more understanding of animals than any other kind of person. As such, veterinarian subjects about animals must be more complex and detailed. Here are topics about animals for veterinarian research paper writing;
- Veterinarian: Explain the concept of veterinary and what are its unique functions?
- What are the dangers and the challenges of being a veterinary?
- How does a veterinarian explain Brucellosis?
- What are the most common health challenges of cats in the United Kingdom?
- Discussion on the recent biomedical research on animals.
- Poor veterinary care in rural Europe and the effects on animals.
- Identifying the technological breakthroughs in veterinary medicine and how they have enhanced animal care.
- Tapeworm infection in animals: what is the best approach to address it in dogs and cats?
- What is the veterinarian’s conclusion on using punishment for pet training purposes?
- What is mycotoxicosis and why are the implications on the health of animals?
Interesting Animal Research Topics
Animals research papers can be an interesting topic to discuss. Animals of course can be interesting to study in certain aspects. You must consider intriguing topics about animals to create an interesting animal research paper. The following are good topics for interesting animal research topics;
- Should mosquitoes be considered useless insects and what are the reasons?
- Analyzing the Lion pride of African wildlife.
- Exploring the anatomy of the hyena and what are its most striking features?
- What are Tardigrades: Exploring the features of this special animal.
- What is the IUCN red list of threatened species and what are the implications?
- Animal adaptation and survival in the desert: what features are responsible for the adaptation process?
- A cross-analysis of the butterfly life cycle and what are the interesting things to note?
- Dolphin: What factors make them intelligent animals as they are portrayed?
- Medical testing on animals: Is it a justifiable act or an inappropriate action?
- What are the unique features of monkeys that make tree climbing so easy for them?
Animal Topics About Your Favorite Pet
Writing about your favorite pet might be one of the easiest animal essay writings. Since you are close to your favorite pet, you should have more to say about the pet. As such, your writing must be written from a standpoint of a firsthand experience. The following are animal research paper topics good for your research writing on your favorite pet;
- What animal would you consider your favorite animal and why have you made the decision?
- Which animal can be considered the funniest animal and what are its characteristics?
- What features of the dog contribute to it being the most favorite pet of man?
- Should you consider owning an exotic pet? Why and why not?
- What can be considered the trait of your favorite animal?
- Can animals ever be loyal? Using a case study of your favorite animal.
- What is the best animal in the world and why will you consider it so?
- An essay on the death of your favorite pet and what led to the death.
- What animal would be your favorite pet if you could tame wildlife?
- Comparing dogs and cats: Which animal is best for pets and what are the reasons?
Animal Research Topics for High School Students
High School students study a subject called animal science. This subject exposes them to some theories about animals and their characteristics. As such, high school students may write an essay or mini research on any animal of their choice. Here are some animal research topics high school students can consider;
- Expensive veterinary care: what factors are responsible for the high cost of service?
- Identifying the similarities and the difference between camels and dromedaries.
- Should high school students be allowed to come with their pets?
- Analyzing the conversion of wild animals to pets in the United States.
- What is a local animal shelter and how can you adopt animals from there?
- Can an elephant ever swim or it is just an assumption?
- First-hand comparison of a cat and dog from a student who has both as pets.
- Identifying irresponsible breeding of dogs and what are the consequences?
- Killer whale and how it hunts its prey.
- What is an Orangutan and analyzing its habitat loss?
Animal Abuse Research Topics
Animal rights advocates have over time insisted that animals are being abused. In fact, keeping animals in zoos is considered to be one such act of animal cruelty. Being a controversial topic, you can choose to write a research paper on it. Here are topics on animal abuse you can write about in your research paper;
- Prevailing animal abuse acts in the United States.
- What is the difference between animal abuse and animal cruelty?
- Animal abuses in China and what are the moves to curtail the act.
- What is animal hoarding behavior and what are the effects on animal health?
- The relationship between cruelty towards animals and their aggressive response.
- Can we consider animal testing as animal abuse?
- Analyzing animal neglect as a form of animal abuse.
- India and the rising case of animal abuse: Cow and bull as a case study.
- Animal fights and sports as a form of animal abuse and cruelty.
- An overview of the animal abuse law in the United States.
Endangered Animal Research Topics
Certain animals are considered to be endangered species. This is because due to manhunts and poaching they are becoming extremely rare. There are many of these animals and you can choose to write a research paper on any of them. Here are the best research questions about animals called endangered species;
- What is the whooping crane and can it be saved?
- The Bonobo monkey and how it can be saved from extinction.
- Peregrine falcon: Where was it found, what treatment is it subjected to, and how can it be preserved?
- What is the Galapagos penguin and what factors make it an endangered species?
- The black-footed ferret and its high chances of getting extinct.
- Whale shark: what are its vulnerabilities and the moves to save it from extinction?
- What is the monarch butterfly, where is it found, and how can it be preserved?
- What are the factors responsible for the dwindling population of the loggerhead sea turtle?
- The shout Asian dolphin, its vulnerability, and how it can be saved.
- Evaluating the extinction of the dinosaur and factors that may be responsible for this.
How Can I Get My Animal Research Paper?
Writing your animal research topics become an easy task when you have the right topic to research. You only do the task of carrying out research and developing your point. However, when you are a student with a lot of social activities alongside your academics, these simple tasks may seem cumbersome also.
We have got you covered as we have a service that allows you to order your research paper. Our league of writers features experts in animal science and related courses who can write you a perfect research paper. You can achieve this by contacting our support agent to inquire about the ordering process. You can rest assured of a high-quality paper with no grammatical errors or plagiarism when you use this service.
Research papers on animal topics are inevitable for students who study animal science, zoology, biology, and some other related courses. All levels of education including universities, colleges, and high school students can write on this subject matter. There are various subject matters in animal science to discuss and evaluate.
There is a lot of discourse such as animal abuse, animal rights, and animal cruelty that can be the central idea of a research paper. While some of these ideas might be difficult to analyze, having the right topics can make it a seamless task as it will give you headway. However, if you still find it difficult to write your research paper, you can order an animal research paper expert on our platform.
Hire a dissertation writer and explore a wide range of captivating animal research topics with the expertise of our professional writers. Our skilled team is ready to assist you in selecting compelling topics and crafting high-quality research papers that meet the highest academic standards.
Frequently Asked Questions
Richard Ginger is a dissertation writer and freelance columnist with a wealth of knowledge and expertise in the writing industry. He handles every project he works on with precision while keeping attention to details and ensuring that every work he does is unique.
Succeed With A Perfect Dissertation
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Ukraine Live Updates
196 Animal Essay Topics & Animals Abuse Ideas
21 July 2023
Animal essay topics offer an incredibly diverse range of subjects for exploration and discussion. The complex world of animal behavior and cognition, for example, presents intriguing questions about the minds and emotional lives of different species. The critical issue of conservation, driven by deforestation, climate change, and poaching, invites scrutiny and advocacy. Likewise, topics centered around human-animal bonds and the therapeutic benefits of animal companionship can shed light on the emotional and psychological benefits of these relationships. Delving into these animal essay topics not only provides a good platform to express love and appreciation for the animal kingdom but also promotes crucial discussions about biodiversity, animal rights, and wildlife protection. From curious animal lovers to budding biologists, these topics offer a chance to engage with the wonders, challenges, and remarkable diversity of the animal world.
Best Animal Topics
- Conservation of Endangered Species: A Global Perspective
- Influence of Climate Change on Migration Patterns
- Coral Reef Ecosystems: Importance and Threats
- Ethical Considerations in Animal Testing
- Invasive Species and Their Effect on Biodiversity
- Disease Transmission Between Animals and Humans: Zoonotic Diseases
- Understanding Animal Communication and Language
- Adaptation Strategies of Desert Dwelling Creatures
- Marine Pollution: Effects on Aquatic Life
- Tracking Animal Population Dynamics Through Citizen Science
- Wildlife Trafficking and International Law
- Bee Colony Collapse Disorder: Causes and Consequences
- Genetic Diversity and Conservation of Rare Breeds
- Endocrinology of Stress in Captive Animals
- Effects of Deforestation on Primate Habitats
- Animal-Assisted Therapy: Benefits and Challenges
- Domestication and Its Genetic Implications in Animals
- Coping Mechanisms of Animals in Extreme Environments
- Birds of Prey and Their Ecological Significance
- Aquaculture Sustainability: Balancing Demand and Conservation
Simple Animal Topics
- Understanding the Social Structure of Ant Colonies
- Feeding Habits of Herbivorous Animals
- Life Cycle of the Monarch Butterfly
- Unique Defense Mechanisms in the Animal Kingdom
- Animal Habitats: From Deserts to Rainforests
- Migration Patterns of Arctic Birds
- Reptile Varieties and Their Characteristics
- Study of Amphibians: Frogs, Toads, and Salamanders
- Exotic Pets: Care and Ethical Considerations
- Exploring Nocturnal Animals and Their Adaptations
- Marine Life: A Glimpse Into the Deep Sea
- Mammalian Reproduction and Life Cycles
- Different Breeds of Domestic Dogs
- Hibernation and Estivation in Animals
- Bird Watching: Identifying Common Species
- Discovering Endangered Species on Our Planet
- Diet and Nutrition of Domestic Cats
- Understanding Animal Tracks and Signs
- Life in the Savanna: African Wildlife
Interesting Animal Essay Topics
- Exploring Speciation in Galapagos Finches
- Animal Sentience and Cognitive Capabilities
- Mimicry as a Survival Strategy in Nature
- Interpreting the Language of Dolphins
- Decoding the Dance of Honeybees
- Anthropomorphism: Human Perception of Animals
- Climate Change Effects on Polar Bear Populations
- Marsupial Diversity: Beyond Kangaroos and Koalas
- Biofluorescence and Bioluminescence in Deep-Sea Creatures
- Cryptic Species: Unraveling Hidden Biodiversity
- Wildlife Conservation Policies: Case Studies
- Symbiosis in Coral Reef Ecosystems
- Understanding Avian Navigational Abilities
- Extinct Megafauna and Their Ecological Roles
- Cephalopods: Masters of Camouflage and Deception
- Unveiling Mysteries of Animal Migration
- Animal Societies: Ant Colonies to Elephant Families
- Bizarre Mating Rituals in the Animal Kingdom
- The Biological Rationale Behind Animal Play Behavior
- Genetic Basis of Animal Domestication
Animal Research Topics for High School
- Exploring Birdsong: Music or Communication?
- Bats and Echolocation: A Deep Dive
- Insects as Indicators of Environmental Change
- Chimpanzee Social Structures and Behaviors
- Penguin Adaptations for Harsh Climates
- Exploring Threats to Sea Turtles Populations
- The Fascinating World of Spider Webs
- Investigating Adaptations in Desert Animals
- Venomous vs. Poisonous: Animals’ Defense Mechanisms
- Elephants: Intelligence and Emotional Capacity
- Dietary Habits of Carnivores, Herbivores, and Omnivores
- Snake Behavior: More than Just Slithering
- Study on Monarch Butterfly Migration Patterns
- Endangered Species and Conservation Efforts
- Bees and the Importance of Pollination
- Animal Camouflage: Examples and Effectiveness
- Dolphin Intelligence: Evidence and Examples
- Physiology of Flight in Birds
- Gorillas: Social Behavior and Habitat Loss
- Reptile Biodiversity in Rainforest Ecosystems
Animal Research Topics for College Students
- Marine Biology: The Complex Ecosystem of Coral Reefs
- Microorganisms in the Rumen of Cows: How They Aid Digestion?
- Animal Assisted Therapy: Benefits and Challenges
- Physiological Impact of Climate Change on Polar Bears
- Ethology: Aggression in Animal Species
- Cephalopods and Camouflage: An Exploration
- Study of Animal Cognition: Intelligence in Non-Primates
- Threats Facing the African Lion: Conservation Strategies
- Environmental Stressors and Their Effects on Amphibians
- Biotic Factors Influencing the Habitats of Whales
- Parasitology: Host-Parasite Relationships in Animals
- Investigation into the Social Behavior of Wolves
- Comparative Analysis of Primate Communication Systems
- Cross-Species Disease Transmission: From Animals to Humans
- Aquatic Toxicology: How Pollution Affects Aquatic Life
- Animal Welfare in Agriculture: Ethics and Practices
- Population Dynamics of the Snow Leopard in the Himalayas
- Exploration of Bioluminescence in Deep-Sea Creatures
- Hibernation Mechanisms in Mammals: A Comparative Study
Animal Essay Topics to Research
- Migration Patterns: Mystery of Monarch Butterflies
- Biodiversity Loss: Consequences for Global Ecosystems
- Chimpanzee Cultures: Differences Across Africa
- Eco-Physiology of Desert Creatures: Surviving Extreme Conditions
- Animal Ethics: Questioning the Use of Animals in Research
- Unraveling the Secrets of Dolphin Communication
- Birdsong and Neurobiology: Insights into Human Speech
- Peculiar Reproductive Strategies in the Animal Kingdom
- Killer Bees: An Invasive Species Spreading Fear
- Insects as Pollinators: Their Importance in Agriculture
- The Vitality of Sharks in Oceanic Food Chains
- Life Strategies of Deep-Sea Hydrothermal Vent Fauna
- Venomous Creatures and Biomedical Research Opportunities
- Biomimicry: Nature’s Inspirations for Technological Advancements
- Hybridization in the Wild: Case of the Coywolf
- Decoding the Waggle Dance of Honeybees
- The Secret Lives of Bats: Echolocation and Beyond
- Resilience in Nature: How Animals Recover From Disaster
- Bioacoustics in Animal Communication: From Insects to Whales
- Predator-Prey Dynamics in African Savannah Ecosystems
Animal Argumentative Essay Topics
- Zoo Ethics: Animal Rights Versus Education Benefits
- Veganism versus Meat Consumption: Gauging the Ecological Footprint
- Is Pet Ownership Compatible With Animal Rights?
- Whale Hunting: Cultural Practice or Inhumane Act?
- Genetic Engineering: Crossing Ethical Boundaries With Designer Pets?
- Animal Sentience: Do We Underestimate Non-Human Intelligence?
- Animal Experimentation: Is There a Justifiable Trade-Off?
- Hunting for Conservation: Paradox or Viable Strategy?
- Aquariums as Conservation Tools: Are They Effective?
- Wild Animals as Pets: Exploring the Controversy
- Endangered Species Act: Time for an Overhaul?
- Factory Farming: Is the Price of Cheap Meat Too High?
- Feral Cats: Euthanasia Versus Trap-Neuter-Return Programs
- Rewilding Efforts: Romantic Ideal or Feasible Conservation Strategy?
- Animal Performance: Should Circuses Stop Using Animals?
- Emotional Support Animals: Right or Privilege?
- Dissecting Animals in Education: Essential Learning or Outdated Practice?
- Animal Cloning: Promising Technology or Ethical Misstep?
- Invasive Species Control: Is Eradication Ethically Defensible?
- Wildlife Tourism: Conservation Tool or Harmful Industry?
Animal Persuasive Essay Topics
- Promoting the Adoption of Shelter Animals Over Breeding
- Animal Rights: Is It Time to Rethink Meat Consumption?
- Fur Industry: Time to Take a Stand against Animal Cruelty
- Exotic Pet Trade: Advocating for Tighter Legislation
- Embracing Insect Eating as a Sustainable Food Source
- Shark Finning: A Call for Global Ban
- Zoos: Enforcing Higher Welfare Standards
- Dairy Industry: Unmasking the Cruelty Behind Milk
- Captivity versus Conservation: The Case Against Marine Parks
- Illegal Wildlife Trade: Implementing Stricter Penalties
- Hunting Trophies: Upholding the Ban on Imports
- Rodeos and Animal Cruelty: Time to Say No?
- Animal Dissection in Schools: Advocating for Virtual Alternatives
- Greyhound Racing: A Sport or Animal Exploitation?
- Vivisection: Encouraging the Use of Non-Animal Testing Methods
- Dog Breeding: The Case Against Purebreds
- Bullfighting: A Cultural Tradition or Barbaric Sport?
- Horse Carriages in Cities: Romantic Charm or Animal Abuse?
- Culling Wildlife: Arguing Against the “Overpopulation” Myth
Animal Abuse Essay Topics
- Dissecting the Psychological Factors Behind Animal Cruelty
- Preventing Animal Neglect: Insights and Interventions
- Animal Hoarding: An Understudied Form of Animal Cruelty
- Addressing Puppy Mills: A Look at Inhumane Breeding Conditions
- Blood Sports: Unveiling the Truth Behind Dog Fighting Rings
- Cockfighting: Its Hidden Costs and Damages to Animal Welfare
- Exotic Animal Trade: Unseen Agonies of Captive Wildlife
- Dolphin Slaughter in Drive Hunts: A Call for Action
- Live Animal Markets: Uncovering the Injustices
- Investigating the Dark Side of the Horse Racing Industry
- Factory Farming: The Harsh Reality Behind Our Meals
- Cruel Practices in the Wool Industry: Shedding Light on Shearing
- Unregulated Breeding of Exotic Pets: Addressing the Hidden Cruelty
- Fur Trapping: An Unnecessary Tradition in Modern Society
- Unmasking the Cruelty in the Foie Gras Industry
- Live Baiting Scandal in Greyhound Racing: A Call for Change
- Misuse of Animals in Tourist Attractions: Riding Elephants to Harm
- The Dark Side of Circuses: Life Behind the Big Top
- Unveiling Animal Abuse in the Movie Industry: A Push for Change
Animal Debate Topics
- Zoos and Animal Welfare: Ethical Perspectives
- Should Animal Testing Be Abolished in Biomedical Research?
- Biodiversity Conservation: The Imperative for Animal Rights
- Interdisciplinary Approaches to Reducing Stray Populations
- Exotic Pets Ownership: Freedom of Choice or Animal Exploitation?
- Animal Intelligence: Reevaluating Cognitive Capacities of Non-Human Species
- Symbiotic Relationship or Exploitation: Pets and Their Owners
- Aquariums and Marine Parks: Conservation or Captivity?
- Considering Veganism: Ethical Obligation or Personal Choice?
- Lab-Grown Meat: A Viable Solution to Reduce Farm Animal Suffering?
- Pesticides and Bee Colonies: Environmental Ethics and Responsibilities
- Should Animals Have Legal Rights Comparable to Humans?
- Birdsong and Language: Understanding Avian Communication
- Hunting for Conservation: A Paradox or Viable Strategy?
- Ecotourism: Opportunity for Wildlife Protection or Threat?
- Horse Racing Industry: Sport or Animal Abuse?
- Dolphin-Assisted Therapy: Healing or Harmful Practice?
- Culling for Conservation: Justifiable or Short-Sighted?
- Should Service Animals Be Used in Mental Health Therapy?
- Anthropocentrism and Environmental Ethics: Rethinking Our Approach to Animals
To Learn More, Read Relevant Articles
161 gospel topics, essays, & ideas, 332 mental health essay topics & mental illness ideas.
Research Paper Topics About Animals
Writing a research paper on animals offers a wealth of options, as more than 62,000 species of vertebrate animals are known -- which includes mammals, birds, fishes, reptiles and amphibians. More than 1.3 million invertebrate animal species are known, including insects, spiders and scorpions, crustaceans, coral and mollusks. You can write an informative paper on animals, designed to persuade the reader toward one position or another, or you can discuss a personal interest related to animals.
Explore this article
- Rain Forests
- Ethical Treatment of Animals
- Service Animals
1 Rain Forests
Research paper topics can provide a wide range of information about rain forests. Rain forests cover only 6 percent of the Earth's surface, yet 50 percent of the world's animals live in them, which includes some 30 million animal and plant species that live in tropical rainforests. Topics can include research into the many animals that are either threatened or endangered due to deforestation. Research paper topics can also provide information about the types of animals living in the rain forest. This includes the okapi, mandrills, the colobus monkey, gorillas, the drill and chimpanzees.
2 Ethical Treatment of Animals
The ethical treatment of animals in research can explore the defense or criticism of animal testing. An informative research paper topic can include a history of animal regulation for research animals, or the principles of protection of animal subjects. Research can look into the minimization of pain and suffering, species-appropriate housing and care, the need for veterinary personnel, as well as the qualifications of investigators. Further ethical research topics can include legal and regulatory framework, such as a discussion on the introduction of the Animal Welfare Act of 1985.
3 Service Animals
The benefit of animals -- especially dogs, as service animals for people -- is a growing movement. Research topics can include animal-assisted therapy and their benefit in settings such as nursing homes, hospitals, schools and prisons. Another topic can explore the psychology and history of the human-animal bond through domestication, farming and as pets for companionship. Research topics can also include canine and feline behavior that focuses on the causes of stress and aggression, as well as on mating systems and how behavior is shaped.
4 Animal Law
Topics on animal law can provide research on animals and who would be expected to represent the interests of animals. Research can include animal rescue, such as with natural disasters like a hurricane, when families must abandon their pets. Other topics can discuss what happens to pets when an owner dies, under what conditions animal-welfare organizations can rescue pets from neglectful owners and how experts define animal cruelty. Research into an evaluation of the broader public policy toward pets can discuss how to manage the relationship between people and animals within a community.
- 1 Current Results: Number of Species Identified on Earth
- 2 Rutgers:Animal Law in Disasters, Estates, and Litigation
About the Author
Carolyn Green has been a freelance writer since 1989. She has written for BETweekend, Good Old Days, Baby's World and more. A teacher from New York, she also taught in Seoul, where she wrote for a Korean publication. Her passions include world travel, nutritional research and alternative medicine. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English literature from State University of New York, Old Westbury.
Science Research Paper Topic Ideas
Ethics of Having Animals in Aquariums
What Kind of Education Must You Have to Be a Zoologist?
Topics for Argumentative Research Papers on Animals
What is the Difference Between Criminal Justice & Criminology?
The Best Undergraduate Degrees to Go Into Criminology
Biomedical Waste Definition
Taoist Beliefs on End of Life Care
What Are the Effects on the Environment Because of...
How to Give a Speech on Animal Cruelty
Essay Topics for an Argument of Definition Paper
Differences Between Archaeology & Forensic Anthropology
The Organizations That Protect Giant Pandas
What Is the Meaning of Ethics?
What Classes Do I Need for a Radiology Tech Degree?
The Best Safety Topics
School Project on the World's Endangered Animals
Majors That Require Chemistry
Ethical Debate Topics
Research Paper Topics on the Environment
Regardless of how old we are, we never stop learning. Classroom is the educational resource for people of all ages. Whether you’re studying times tables or applying to college, Classroom has the answers.
- Copyright Policy
- Manage Preferences
© 2020 Leaf Group Ltd. / Leaf Group Media, All Rights Reserved. Based on the Word Net lexical database for the English Language. See disclaimer .