290 Good Nursing Research Topics & Questions
Florence Nightingale is called “the mother of modern nursing.” She was the first one who started incorporating research into her practice. While providing patients with health care and support, nurses observe things that may need further investigation. This way, they become not only caretakers but also scientists.
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for 13.00 10.40/page
Research topics in nursing are a way to gain valuable evidence-based knowledge while providing patient care. Moreover, they offer an opportunity to help other nurses by contributing to global healthcare. Some of the most pressing nursing research questions concern medical surgery, midwifery, and geriatrics, as well as the issues of leadership and management.
Need some inspiring topics for nursing students? Look no further! This article by Custom-writing.org experts contains 290 hot nursing research topics, as well as useful additional information and writing tips.
- 🔝 Top 10 Topics
- ☑️ How to Choose a Topic?
- 🐥 Pediatric Topics
- 👴 Geriatric Topics
- 🍼 Midwifery Topics
- 💆 Mental Health Topics
- 🏊 Health Promotion Topics
- 💡 Topics for Discussion
- 🔝 10 Research Questions
- 🔢 Quantitative Research
- 🔬 Qualitative Research
🔝 top 10 nursing research topics 2023.
- The social effect of the opioid crisis.
- Cancel culture and women’s health.
- Economic aspects of euthanasia.
- Nursing adaptation for a digital era.
- The gender pay gap in nursing.
- Health issues of immigrant women.
- Should futile medical care be provided?
- Ways to improve diversity in nursing.
- Ethics of artificial hydration and nutrition.
- Overcoming vaccine hesitancy during pregnancy.
☑️ Research Topics in Nursing: How to Choose?
BSc students and interns often find it challenging to come up with a nursing research paper topic. Healthcare covers a lot of very diverse topics. It’s easy to get confused while trying to choose the most interesting one.
First of all, t is very important to narrow your focus. If the problem you’ve chosen is too large, it can be impossible to examine it properly. Remember: you don’t have to solve world problems in order to contribute to medical science. Choose a current topic which already has plenty of literature studies , and add something new to it. There are interesting nursing research questions in any area, be it social work, psychology, obstetrics, or clinical nursing.
You can choose a topic based on your personal experience. It can be something you observe in your family or an issue that made you interested in the nursing profession in the first place. You can look at the situation in your hometown or city to help you come up with an idea for evidence-based practice nursing research topics.
📜 Nursing Research Topics
Once you’ve chosen your area of interest, you are ready to formulate your thesis and write a research proposal. Below is a list of research questions examples for you to choose from.
🐥 Pediatric Nursing Research Topics
Ways of enhancing language development for children with developmental disabilities
- Evaluation of pragmatic language patterns in autistic children
- Taking care of children with congenital heart disease : psychological issues
- Childhood cancer treatment optimization: new ways
- Children with cancer and their families: psychological issues
- Cancer: health service delivery efficiency
- Childhood obesity: a population health issue
- Radiation therapy: the response of the hematopoietic system in oncology patients
- Leukemia cells and the immune system: mechanisms of interaction
- Childhood acute leukemia : the use of molecular markers in diagnosis
- Blindness in children receiving oxygen therapy : risk-reducing strategies
- Early life exposures that promote heart disease later in life
- Role of early-life exposure to endocrine-disrupting chemicals in childhood obesity
- Obesity in children and adolescents : prevention strategies
- Childhood obesity and other cardiovascular risk factors: epidemiologic research
- Childhood obesity : identification, screening, prevention, and management
- Stem cells and their usage in the treatment of pediatric diseases
- Early-life exposure to air pollution : health effects
- Prenatal exposure to nicotine : health effects
- Effects of early life stress on metabolic and cognitive development of children
- Asthma in children: diagnosis and management
- Asthma in children : monitoring techniques
- Opportunistic fungal infections: pathogenesis and treatment
- HHV6: pathogenesis, immunology, and treatment
- Meningitis in children: prevention and vaccination
- Vaccination against influenza in children: reactions and complications
- Common measles complications in children
- Surfactant replacement therapy for premature infants: beneficial effects
- Animal models for respiratory diseases : the investigation of pathogenesis
- Cells and molecules in lung health and disease: understanding the function
- Neurotrophin and neurotransmitter receptors: a molecular study
- New therapeutic approaches to developmental diseases of the nervous system
- Movement disorders in children: understanding and treatment
- Tourette syndrome in children: causes and treatment
- Neuroblastoma in children: understanding racial differences
- Understanding Metabolic Syndrome : symptoms and causes
- Anorexia and related changes in brain function and behavior
- Eating disorders in children : effects on growth and health
- Infant nutrition: prevention of obesity and eating disorders
- ADHD medication for children: long-term effects
- ADHD in children: efficacy of dance and music therapy
- Efficacy of mind-body therapy in children with ADHD
- Autism in children : benefits of meditation techniques
- Ear infections in children: diagnosis and treatment
- Acute renal insufficiency: nursing care and treatment
- Childhood nephrotic syndrome : nursing care and management
- Kidney stones in children: preventive strategies
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy : development and symptoms
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome: management strategies
- Type 1 diabetes in children: genetic and environmental factors
- Children with type 1 diabetes from ethnic minorities: risk factors
👴 Geriatric Nursing Research Topics
- Age-Related Changes in Health: cardiovascular system
- Age-Related Changes in Nervous System and Cognition abilities in older adults
- Physiologic changes in the musculoskeletal system in older adults
- The effects of aging on the immune system
- Vaccination for older adults: benefits and challenges
- Urinary tract infections in older adults: risk factors and diagnosis
- Malnutrition in older adults: consequences and effects on organ systems
- Gastrointestinal tract disorders in older age: nursing care strategies
- Nursing: long-term care facilities
- Sensory system changes and impairments in older adults: nursing care strategies
- Assessment of physical function in older adults: effects of regular physical activity
- Oral health conditions in older adults: effects and treatment
- Ways of improving oral care for older people
- Oral hydration in older adults: ways of maintaining
- Dehydration in older adults: prevention, recognition, and treatment
- Diet as a risk factor for dementia
- Personalized diets for older adults and their role in healthy aging
- The role of diet in reducing the risk of osteoporosis
- Family caregiving of older cancer patients: psychological issues
- Taking care for seniors with chronic illness : psychological issues
- Risk factors for functional decline in older patients: ways of optimization
- Physical environment as a risk factor for functional decline in older patients
- Later-life depression : cause and risk factors
- Ophthalmic care for older patients: nursing strategies
- Medication adherence in patients with dementia : development and implementation of interventions
- Use of machine learning in predicting dementia in older adults: effectiveness and accuracy assessment
- Alzheimer’s disease : biological mechanisms and preventive measures
- Cognitive therapy for older patients with Alzheimer’s disease : effectiveness and strategies
- Delirium in elderly patients: prevention strategies
- Massage Therapy vs. Simple Touch to Improve Pain and Mood in Patients with Advanced Cancer: A Randomized Trial
- Improving pain management in older patients: care strategies
- Falls and injury risk in older adults: prevention and management
- Adverse drug effects in elderly patients: interventions and care strategies
- Use of physical restraints : ethics of the issue
- Ethnicity as a risk factor for pressure ulcer development
- Excessive sleepiness as a risk factor of cognitive decline in elderly patients
- Alcohol use disorders in elderly patients: care strategies
- Substance use disorders in older adults: treatment and care options
- Management of sepsis in critically ill elderly patients
- Complications in critically ill patients due to prolonged hospital stay
- Heart failure in older adults: current therapeutic options
- Care of elderly surgical patients: ways of optimization
- The concept of geriatric dehydration
- Perioperative care of older adults: nursing strategies
- Medical emergencies associated with cancer treatment of elderly patients
- Cancer surgery in elderly patients: risk assessment
- Pancreatic cancer surgery in older adults: balancing risks and benefits
- Bladder cancer in older adults: risk factors and challenges
- Older patients with fragility hip fracture: care strategies
- Handling pressure ulcers in hip fracture patients
- Care of the older patients in the ED: nursing intervention
- Transitional care for elderly patients with chronic disease : care strategies
- Advanced care planning : nurse’s roles and strategies
🍼 Midwifery Nursing Research Topics
- Women with a disability: pregnancy and childbirth
- The effect of midwifery care in pregnancy, labor, birth, and the postnatal period
- Maternal and infant outcomes of caseload care
- Caseload midwifery care in ethnic minorities
- Ways of improving health outcomes for women and babies from ethnic minorities
- Depression and anxiety in new mothers : effects on the health of mothers and infants
- Postnatal depression : risk factors
- Complication of pregnancy: Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (PIH)
- Effectiveness of peer support in preventing postnatal depression
- Telephone support as a means of reducing postnatal depression : a cost-effectiveness analysis
- Diabetes in pregnancy: risk factors and management
- Hypoglycemia in newborns: preventive measures
- Women’s experience of motherhood: attachment and mother-infant bonding
- Stress in midwives and nurses: causes and prevalence
- Group antenatal care: feasibility and acceptability
- The positive impact of early parenting education
- Midwifery continuity of care and its effectiveness.
- The role of community support in maintaining emotional health during pregnancy
- Birth plan and its effects on the birth experience
- Effects of prenatal yoga on women and infants
- Prolonged labor and its effect on birth experience in women
- Childbirth experience for autistic women
- Pain management in labor: relaxation techniques and therapies
- Cesarean section : risks and long-term effects
- Fear of childbirth: symptoms and treatments
- Parental experiences with premature and low birth weight infants
- Sleep disorders in new mothers: effects on mothers and infants
- Perinatal palliative care : the role of midwives in providing care and support to families
- Childbirth expectations and experience: effect on new mother’s mental health
- Advanced maternal age: risk factors
- Adverse pregnancy outcomes: causes and risk factors
- Periodontitis: effect on preterm birth and low birth weight in babies
- Spirituality in midwifery: effects on labor and delivery
- Obesity and pregnancy: labor intervention and outcomes
- Teamwork in midwifery: key concepts
- Power dynamics in midwifery care: initiating, building, and maintaining relationships
- Domestic violence against women: raising awareness among midwives
- Midwifery care for women of low socioeconomic status: benefits of understanding social context
- Psychological traumatic childbirth: contributing factors
- The role of midwives in the monitoring process of emergency care
- Fetal monitoring, screening, and other tests during pregnancy
- Weight management and physical activity in pregnancy
- Handling physical and emotional changes during pregnancy
- Facilitating and maintaining normal childbirth: strategies and practices
- Decision-making during birth: the role of midwives
- Midwifery care during the immediate postnatal period
- Engaging fathers in perinatal services: ways and strategies
- Skincare and hygiene for newborns and infants
- Immediate care of the newborns
- Infant feeding : methods and techniques
- Common feeding problems: identification and management
💆 Mental Health Research Topics in Nursing
- The connection between air pollution and Alzheimer’s disease
- Vitamin D Deficiency and long-term cognitive impairment among older patients
- Effects of meditation on patients with cognitive impairment
- The connection between social phobia and selective mutism
- Post-traumatic stress disorder : new prevention techniques
- Social media : effects on mental health among teenagers
- Stimulant treatments of ADHD
- Bipolar disorder : early detection and risk factors
- Bipolar disorder in families: genetic factors
- Effectiveness of deep brain stimulation in patients with depression
- Reconstruction of the sense of self in schizophrenia patients
- Understanding personal experience and phenomenology in patients with schizophrenia
- The effectiveness of cognitive-behavioral therapy for panic attack treatment
- The connection between panic disorder and maladaptive behavior
- The connection between brain inflammation and OCD
- White matter abnormalities in patients with OCD
- The combined effects of TMS and therapy on patients with depression
- Changes in task performance under stress in patients with anxiety disorders
- Biological processes of generalized anxiety
- Depression in perimenopausal women
- Schizophrenia : genetic factors
- Schizophrenia : environmental factors
- Ways of diagnosing autism spectrum disorder in adults
- Ways of detecting early-stage dementia
- The connection between dopamine levels and autism spectrum disorders
- The connection between serotonin levels and autism spectrum disorders
- The connection between screen time and inattention problems in children with ADHD
- ADHD : prevention strategies
- The efficacy of mindfulness techniques in patients with social phobia
- The efficacy of paroxetine in treating patients with anxiety
- Etiology of anorexia nervosa
- The role of socio-cultural factors in the development of eating disorders
- Treatment of agoraphobia : new ways
- Phobias and the ways to deal with them
- Seasonal affective disorder: summer and winter patterns
- Brain differences in patients with insomnia
- Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder: brain mechanisms and risk factors
- The physical response to a traumatic experience in patients with PTSD
- Borderline personality disorder : brain factors
- Effects of music therapy for adolescents with autism
- The connection between traumatic events during childhood and the development of borderline personality disorder
- Dialectical behavior therapy in the treatment of patients with a borderline personality disorder
- Ways of diagnosing of psychogenic movement disorders
- Conduct disorder in children : ways of increasing awareness
- Adverse childhood experiences : the long-term effects
- Body dysmorphic disorder : diagnosis and treatment
- The mechanisms of body dysmorphic disorder : the use of brain imaging studies
- Adjustment disorder : diagnosis and treatment
- Schizotypal personality disorder : neurobiology and symptoms
- The efficacy of exposure therapy in the treatment of PTSD
- Codependency : ways of raising awareness
- Mood disorders in children: treatment options
🏊 Health Promotion Research Topics in Nursing
- Preventative medicine practices for seniors
- New ways of maintaining a healthy lifestyle in older age
- Communication and sharing of preventative medicine techniques: new ways
- Community-based exercise programs for older adults
- Late-life depression management programs for the elderly
- Planning meaningful activities with older adults as a means of reducing depressive symptoms
- Smoking cessation : the study of obstacles
- Ideas for quitting smoking : new techniques
- Youth inactivity : ways of raising awareness
- Health promotion strategies for obesity
- Motivation to change inactive behavior in young people
- Involvement of children in various physical activities: promotion strategies
- New ways of educating young people about the importance of having a positive body image
- The relationship between a healthy lifestyle promotion and social media: new educational strategies
- Improving diabetes lifestyle
- New ways of increasing cancer screening rates
- New strategies in fostering cancer-preventive behaviors
- Workplace wellness programs as ways of supporting healthy behavior
- Occupational health and safety programs for people working in dangerous conditions
- Maintenance of healthy work environments : new ways
- Workplace programs for raising awareness of AIDS
- Workplace programs for raising awareness of heart disease
- Workplace health promotion among low-paid workers: new strategies
- New ways of increasing workers’ participation in shaping the working environment
- Non-occupational factors in the general environment: ways of raising awareness
- Award-system as means of promotion of participation in workplace initiatives
- New ways of reducing exposure to cancer risk factors
- The effects of second-hand smoking: ways of raising awareness
- Healthy eating habits as a means of preventing the development of diet-associated cancers
- The connection between obesity and cancer: ways of raising awareness
- Alcohol use as a risk factor for cancer: ways of raising awareness
- The importance of vaccines for the hepatitis B virus in cancer prevention
- Cancer-causing air pollution : ways of raising awareness
- The connection between air pollution and lung cancer
- UV radiation and skin cancer : ways of raising awareness
- Physical inactivity as a major cause of death in developed countries
- Physical activity promotion among people of low socioeconomic background: challenges and opportunities
- Physical activity promotion among people with disabilities: challenges and opportunities
- Eating habits and behaviors in children: ways of influencing
- The efficacy of school-based sex education programs
- Cyberbullying : ways of raising awareness and prevention
- Workplace policies: depression management promotion
- The efficacy of school health promotion
- The role of school-based interventions in preventing childhood mental health problems
- Brain health programs: creating new strategies on a small budget
- Brain exercise: understanding key principles
- Communication of useful health information to lay community: new ways
- Managing the global epidemic: ways of raising health awareness
- Disease outbreaks : the role of health promotion
- HIV prevention : new ways of health promotion
- Ways of raising awareness on the routes of transmitting infectious diseases
- Healthy childhood development : health education for children
💡 Nursing Topics for Discussion
- Concept comparison and analysis across nursing theories
- New technologies in nursing
- Undergraduate nursing program and resnick’s theory
- Contemporary nursing knowledge components
- Nurse-patient interactions and outcomes in clinical practice
- Continuing nursing education: a 3-5 year plan
- Evidence-based practice & applied nursing research
- Nursing communication process
- Certified nurse assistant preparatory school: business plan
- Nurse roles in practice
- Self-employed nurses as agents of change in Canada
- Joint Commission: national patient safety goals
🔝 Top 10 Nursing Research Questions
- What’s the connection between psychiatric ward design and aggressive behavior?
- How can computerized nursing records improve the outcomes for patients?
- Do changes that occur in the brain due to dementia cause pain?
- How can tweet reminders help teenagers with type 1 diabetes maintain lower blood sugars?
- What’s the efficacy of yoga as a treatment in reducing lymphedema in cancer patients?
- How can peer support intervention help to prevent suicides among female high school students?
- Is it possible to link veterans’ suicide rates to the timing and location of suicide prevention appointments?
- What can be done to improve the sustainability of operating rooms?
- What are the roles of nurse managers in turnover intervention among nursing staff?
- What are the ways of preventing cachexia in cancer patients receiving radiation and chemotherapy?
📑 Types of Nursing Research
When writing nursing research, you need to use a particular research design. Typically, the choice of design depends on your research question. There can be qualitative and quantitative nursing research topics.
🔢 Quantitative Research In Nursing
Quantitative research is aimed at gaining empirical evidence using deduction and generalization. This means gathering evidence to support or refute a particular theory and deciding to what extent the results can be generalized to a larger population.
Quantitative research can be non-experimental and experimental in design.
Receive a plagiarism-free paper tailored to your instructions.
Non-experimental designs imply a description of what happens naturally, without intervention. They are usually not used to detect causes and effects and are not effective for making predictions. Non-experimental designs are classified as follows:
- Descriptive. Descriptive studies are centered on under-researched subjects and phenomena. You describe it, see how often it occurs, and categorize the information you’ve gained.
- Correlational. Correlational studies are aimed at the examination of relationships between the variables. You must measure the variables, analyze the results, and present statistics.
Experimental designs imply strict control from the researcher. They can be used for establishing cause-and-effect relationships, as well as predictions. The experiments are usually blind, which helps to avoid bias. Experimental designs are classified in the following way:
- True-experimental designs , in which cause-and-effect relationships are examined in a controlled environment. It includes studying two groups of people who receive different treatments, assigned randomly.
- Quasi-experimental designs , which differ from true experiments by the absence of random assignments.
🔬 Qualitative Research In Nursing
Qualitative research studies are focused on one’s personal experience. It is conducted through observation and interaction with patients via interviews, notes, and diaries. Induction is often used, by which you gain evidence to support a theory without generalizing the results.
Qualitative research study designs include four types:
- Phenomenology. Phenomenological research is aimed at describing the phenomena as it is experienced by an individual. In this study, you need to select people who are familiar with the particular phenomenon. You gain information from each participant and make a conclusion.
- Grounded theory. This type of study includes the influence of social processes on individuals. You would need to interview the subjects themselves, as well as their relatives, spouses, etc. Then you synthesize the data into one theory.
- Ethnography. This type of research design is associated with the influence of a particular culture on individuals. It involves describing unique attributes of a culture from the insider’s perspective.
- Narrative inquiry. Narrative inquiry is a research study design that is based on an interpretation of personal accounts of the participants. You ask your subjects to talk about their experiences, and then you analyze their narratives. Contents, as well as the structure of the narratives, must be taken into account.
As you can see, there are great many research topics for nursing students to choose from! See what suits you best and formulate the idea for your own project. You can then publish your results in a nursing research journal article and start a discussion with other nurses around the world.
Just 13.00 10.40/page , and you can get an custom-written academic paper according to your instructions
If you’ve chosen an evidence-based practice nursing research topic, make sure that you find suitable human subjects for your experiment. You can ask your friends or make online questionnaires to help you conduct your research. Always take care of your subjects and protect their rights.
Once you’ve chosen your topic, study the available literature. See if there’s anything you can critique or question. This type of research is just as useful as applied research, as it helps to keep medical science relevant by constantly checking for obsolete information.
Find the topic, choose the design for your research, set yourself clear goals – and write your best nursing research paper or reflective essay ! Good luck!
🤔 Nursing Research FAQs
Nursing research is a type of study conducted by nurses during their practice. It helps them to gain evidence on the effectiveness of different treatments. Nursing research can be used to demonstrate the trustworthiness of new methods in medicine, as well as to predict outcomes for patients with illnesses or injuries.
The scientific activity of nurses is essential for the medical community. Nurses help to move medicine forward by challenging traditional practices with fresh ideas. Their research is usually aimed at enhancing professional practice and improving nursing activities. The topics include both physical and mental health.
The primary sources of nursing research are experience and scientific knowledge. Your personal experience as a nurse is especially important because it allows you to observe and gather first-hand information about various medical conditions. Scientific knowledge is then used for the evaluation and analysis of the collected data.
Sampling theory in medical science is a study of gathering information about a population by investigating only a part of it. To do that, you need to collect samples from a group of individuals who all share a common trait. A statistic is then estimated and applied to the whole population. Sampling is often conducted as part of nursing research because it allows making conclusions without testing it with all people.
Qualitative research in nursing is aimed at gathering information about patients’ subjective experiences. It is usually conducted in the form of interviews, notes, and diaries. It helps in understanding complex phenomena and is often used in psychology. Sometimes nurses themselves are interviewed about their working conditions. This type of research allows nurses to make their practice better by continually learning from experience.
Extraneous variables may affect the results of your research and even threaten its validity. They are hard to control, but their influence can be reduced in the following ways:
- Assign the subjects to treatment and control groups as randomly as possible.
- Match your samples by distributing people with different variables, such as age and gender, as evenly as possible.
- Maintain objectivity by avoiding bias.
- Adjust the results for the effects of extraneous variables through statistical analysis.
You might also be interested in:
- 226 Research Topics on Criminal Justice & Criminology
- 204 Research Topics on Technology & Computer Science
- 178 Best Research Titles about Cookery & Food
- 497 Interesting History Topics to Research
- 180 Best Education Research Topics & Ideas
- 110+ Micro- & Macroeconomics Research Topics
- 417 Business Research Topics for ABM Students
- 190+ Research Topics on Psychology & Communication
- 512 Research Topics on HumSS
- 281 Best Health & Medical Research Topics
- 501 Research Questions & Titles about Science
- A List of Research Topics for Students. Unique and Interesting
- Good Research Topics, Titles and Ideas for Your Paper
- Find a Topic Idea: Questia
- Nursing: Choosing a Research Topic (FGCU Library)
- Examples of Research Questions: Vanderbilt School of Nursing
- Current Issue: Nursing Research
- Nursing Research: Definitions and Directions (NCBI)
- Table of Contents (Nursing Research and Practice – Volume 2023)
- Nursing, research, and the evidence: Evidence-Based Nursing
- Psychiatry & Mental Health Topics: Medscape
- Geriatric Topics: ConsultGeri
- Major Research Areas: Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester
- An overview of research designs relevant to nursing: Part 1: Quantitative research designs: SciELO
- An overview of research designs relevant to nursing: part 2: qualitative research designs: SciELO
- Clinical Nursing Research: Academia
- Innovation and scientific discovery: School of Nursing, University of Washington
- Center for Nursing Research: Duke University
- Research: Penn Nursing
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
- Share to LinkedIn
- Share to email
thanks for the presentation, now I know who to turn to for help
Thank you for your feedback, Frank!
Hello dear Thank you for your kind presentation like this hot topics . Am nursing master student and I need topic for my thesis.if you can help me
Hello, Alaa! Thank you for the great feedback!
Recommended for You
Research Proposal Topics: 503 Ideas, Sample, & Guide 
Do you have to write a research proposal and can’t choose one from the professor’s list? This article may be exactly what you need. We will provide you with the most up-to-date undergraduate and postgraduate topic ideas. Moreover, we will share the secrets of the winning research proposal writing. Here,...
208 Interesting History Essay Topics and Events to Write about
A history class can become a jumble of years, dates, odd moments, and names of people who have been dead for centuries. Despite this, you’ll still need to find history topics to write about. You may have no choice! But once in a while, your instructor may let you pick...
Gun Control Argumentative Essay: 160 Topics + How-to Guide 
After the recent heartbreaking mass shootings, the gun control debate has reached its boiling point. Do we need stricter gun control laws? Should everyone get a weapon to oppose crime? Or should guns be banned overall? You have the opportunity to air your opinion in a gun control argumentative essay....
Best Childhood Memories Essay Ideas: 94 Narrative Topics 
Many people believe that childhood is the happiest period in a person’s life. It’s not hard to see why. Kids have nothing to care or worry about, have almost no duties or problems, and can hang out with their friends all day long. An essay about childhood gives an opportunity...
435 Literary Analysis Essay Topics and Prompts [2023 Upd]
Literature courses are about two things: reading and writing about what you’ve read. For most students, it’s hard enough to understand great pieces of literature, never mind analyzing them. And with so many books and stories out there, choosing one to write about can be a chore. But you’re in...
255 Unique Essay Topics for College Students [2023 Update]
The success of any college essay depends on the topic choice. If you want to impress your instructors, your essay needs to be interesting and unique. Don’t know what to write about? We are here to help you! In this article by our Custom-Writing.org team, you will find 255 interesting...
14 Research Topics for Nursing Students
What are you struggling with in nursing school?
NURSING.com is the BEST place to learn nursing. With over 2,000+ clear, concise, and visual lessons, there is something for you!
As a nursing student, you will be expected to conduct research as part of your coursework. Choosing a research topic can be challenging, but it's essential to find a topic that is both interesting and relevant to your field. In this post, we'll explore some good research topics for nursing students and provide links to resources where you can learn more.
The effects of shift work on nurses' health and well-being Shift work is a common practice in nursing, but it can have negative effects on nurses' health and well-being. This research topic could explore the impact of shift work on sleep patterns, stress levels, and overall health.
Improving patient outcomes through evidence-based practice Nurses play a crucial role in delivering evidence-based care. This research topic could explore the use of evidence-based practice to improve patient outcomes in a particular area, such as wound care or medication management.
Examining the role of the nurse in end-of-life care End-of-life care is an important aspect of nursing practice. This research topic could explore the nurse's role in providing end-of-life care, including ethical considerations and communication with patients and families.
Reducing healthcare-associated infections in hospitals Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) are a significant problem in hospitals. This research topic could explore strategies for reducing HAIs, such as hand hygiene and infection control measures.
Exploring the impact of cultural diversity on healthcare outcomes Cultural diversity is an essential aspect of nursing practice. This research topic could explore the impact of cultural diversity on healthcare outcomes, including patient satisfaction, adherence to treatment, and health disparities.
Investigating the use of technology in nursing practice Technology is increasingly being used in nursing practice. This research topic could explore the use of technology in areas such as telehealth, electronic health records, and medication administration.
Addressing healthcare disparities among underserved populations Healthcare disparities are a significant problem in the United States. This research topic could explore the factors contributing to healthcare disparities among underserved populations and strategies for addressing these disparities.
Improving pain management in hospitalized patients Pain management is an essential aspect of nursing practice. This research topic could explore strategies for improving pain management in hospitalized patients, including the use of non-pharmacological interventions.
Examining the effectiveness of nursing interventions in preventing falls in hospitalized patients Falls are a significant problem in hospitals, particularly among older adults. This research topic could explore the effectiveness of nursing interventions in preventing falls in hospitalized patients.
Investigating the use of complementary and alternative therapies in nursing practice Complementary and alternative therapies are becoming increasingly popular among patients. This research topic could explore the use of these therapies in nursing practice, including their efficacy and safety.
The impact of social determinants of health on healthcare outcomes Social determinants of health, such as income and education level, can have a significant impact on healthcare outcomes. This research topic could explore the relationship between social determinants of health and healthcare outcomes.
Investigating the relationship between nurse staffing and patient outcomes Nurse staffing levels can have a significant impact on patient outcomes. This research topic could explore the relationship between nurse staffing levels and patient outcomes, including mortality rates and length of stay.
Examining the use of simulation in nursing education Simulation is becoming an increasingly popular teaching tool in nursing education. This research topic could explore the use of simulation in nursing education, including its effectiveness and best practices.
Improving nursing leadership and management in healthcare organizations Nursing leadership and management are essential components of healthcare organizations. This research topic could explore strategies for improving nursing leadership and
Setting Yourself Up for Success: What Are SMART Goals for Nursing Students?
I failed the nclex 6 times . . . how i finally passed, similar blog posts.
Why Passing the NCLEX® in 75 Questions Doesn't Matter | NURSING.com
Pressure Ulcers NCLEX Review for Nursing Students + Free Download
Addison's Disease NCLEX Review for Nursing Students + Free Download
List of 350 Brilliant Nursing Research Topics to Investigate in 2023
Nursing education is challenging. Writing hundreds of tedious nursing research pieces is the most frustrating part. But we know how to help you! Discover 350 exciting nursing research topics and learn how to choose the best one.
- Primary Care Topics
- Public Health Topics
- Emergency Nursing Topics
- Midwifery Topics
- Neonatal Nursing Topics
- Pediatric Research Topics
- Nutrition Topics
- Mental Health Topics
- Healthcare Management Topics
- Medical Ethics Topics
- Nursing Leadership Topics
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research
- How to Choose a Nursing Topic
Process of Nursing Research
350 interesting nursing research topics.
Nursing research topics for college students can cover various areas of this field. Below you will find a list of 350 exciting ideas, which we have divided into different areas of activity. No matter what nursing research is in your sphere of interest. We’ve got you covered! You can also check research essay samples on the same topic for more inspiration.
Primary Care Research Topics
Primary care is the leading clinical service that sustains the health of an entire nation. The study of this topic is mandatory for the stable development of the healthcare system. Here are primary nursing research titles examples:
- What healthcare problems can be in primary care?
- The role of private health care providers in primary care.
- Peculiarities of vaccination in rural areas.
- Basic methods for assessing the quality of primary care .
- The role of modern technology in primary care .
- Basic techniques of evaluating the patient’s health .
- Private sector activities in primary care .
- The necessity to provide childcare services.
- Primary care and chronic pain problem .
- Vaccination programs : pros and cons.
- The role of social workers in primary care.
- Responsibility of the pharmacist for public health.
- Effective methods of asthma prevention.
- Advantages and disadvantages of home nursing care.
- How can primary care system help fight depression?
- Vaccination of the elderly: challenges and potential benefits.
- Principles of preventive medicine: primary care for the elderly.
- Migraine diagnosis and treatment methods.
- Innovative methods in cardiology .
- Major causes of anxiety disorders in adults.
- The problem of obesity treatment in primary care .
- Effective ways of taking anamnesis.
- Methods for diagnosing stroke in the elderly.
- Basic precautions for Parkinson’s disease .
- Basic requirements for intensive care .
- Connection of primary care and information technology training .
- Sleep disorders in women.
- Standard protocol for the treatment of headache in adults.
- Basic guidelines for primary care for disaster victims.
- The role of government agencies in primary care.
Based on previous papers, you can try to come up with your nursing research topics, for example, on infection control.
Research Topics in Public Health
The public health area has a strong connection with government issues. However, it is doctors who study the basis of all problems. So, let’s check out these special nursing research paper topics!
- The role of governmental organizations in the public health system .
- Effectiveness of government programs to prevent drug addiction .
- What role do parents play in promoting children’s health?
- Features of the school nurses’ work.
- The importance of proper nutrition and exercise .
- Telemedicine : advantages and disadvantages.
- The role of government in providing nursing education .
- The importance of long-term care facilities to the healthcare system .
- Discovering public health’s primary functions .
- Promoting healthy lifestyle in old age.
- Sedentary change programs for adolescents.
- Educational strategies for healthcare organizations in social media.
- Ways to educate young people about a positive body image .
- Formation of public behavior in the problem of cancer prevention.
- Occupational health and safety for workers in hazardous professions.
- Connection of modern technologies and public health system .
- Government AIDS awareness programs.
- State programs to increase awareness of heart disease .
- Government programs aimed at maintaining a healthy work environment .
- Health promotion methods.
- Companies against alcohol: examples from history.
- Public health policies: sugary drink tax .
- Raising awareness of the importance of vaccines .
- How is lung cancer related to air condition?
- Promotion of activity among children with disabilities .
- Disease eradication as a leading public health policy target .
- Government mental health awareness programs.
- Improving individual health as a way to counter epidemics .
- Ways of transmission of infectious diseases .
- Educating children about the importance of sports .
Public health is an excellent topic choice for a nursing dissertation. Try it!
Emergency Nursing Research Topics
New studies are essential for new practical approaches for nurses in emergencies. Try to discover new methods with these critical care nursing research topics!
- What role can stress play in emergency nursing?
- How to deal with anaphylactic shock?
- Effective methods of providing emergency care .
- Features of decision-making by a nurse in critical situations.
- Analysis of the effectiveness of emergency assistance in case of accidents.
- Analysis of the extreme degrees of pain in a patient.
- Diagnosing problems in ER.
- Emergency training methods.
- How to increase chances to save a drowning person?
- Models for reducing violence in emergency departments .
- The problem of rural residents’ access to ambulance services.
- Can family stay close to the patient during resuscitation?
- What effect do tasers have on the development of heart disease ?
- Diagnosing sepsis in emergencies.
- Effective methods of dealing with the effects of using pepper sprays.
- Screening for alcohol and drug addiction in adolescents.
- The role of ambulance crews in the fight against human trafficking .
- Identification and assistance to victims of violence.
- How to deal with unwanted patient behavior?
- Pediatric trauma and shock.
- Psychiatric screening in first aid cars.
- Ways to develop tolerance in first-aid workers.
- Effective ER worker behavior models.
- The role of private clinics in providing emergency services.
- The role of nurses in the ambulance crew.
- Common causes of death in ER patients.
- Correct gender policy towards ER staff.
- How to organize a working emergency care system?
- How to help relatives survive the death of a patient?
- Techniques for teaching nurses to diagnose and respond to life threats quickly.
These nursing research topics for critical care would be an excellent choice for your papers!
Midwifery Research Topics
Midwifery is one of the more challenging medical areas. We picked 30 of the best nursing research topics on pregnancy and prenatal care to help you improve your knowledge! Take a look:
- How can midwifery recognize domestic violence?
- Excess weight problems during pregnancy .
- How to analyze the effectiveness of childbirth ?
- Disease prevention during pregnancy.
- Effective methods of newborn resuscitation.
- Features of adolescent education in gynecology.
- Prenatal nursing care.
- Precautions for preterm labor.
- Rules of conduct for staff in the delivery room.
- Basic rules for saving mother and child.
- Preparing staff and the patient for a caesarean section.
- Preventing depression during pregnancy .
- Features and importance of family planning .
- Childbirth in water: advantages and disadvantages.
- Features of caring for pregnant women with breast cancer .
- The influence of the autonomic nervous system on the course of pregnancy.
- Methods for predicting preeclampsia.
- Diseases of the cervix associated with human papillomavirus .
- Frequency and possible complications of pregnancy and cervical disease.
- Treatment tactics of pregnancy complications in women with disorders of the upper urinary tract.
- Identifying asymptomatic pregnancy complications.
- The use of modern technologies in the treatment of fetal diseases.
- Features of the reproductive system after termination of pregnancy.
- Reasons for using iodine supplementation during pregnancy.
- Prevention of complications after operations on the pelvic organs .
- Impact of epilepsy on reproductive health .
- Features of reproductive behavior in students and ways to correct it.
- The effect of oral contraceptives on the contents of immune complexes in the blood.
- Operative delivery and influence on the child.
- Psychological assistance to patients with infertility .
Remember some of these nursing research topics on midwifery. Profs love them!
Neonatal Nursing Research Topics
Neonatal studies are one of the most innovative medical spheres. Check out this brilliant list of research topics for nursing students in the neonatal area. They will help you better understand the neonatal care importance.
- The importance of hand hygiene in neonatal units .
- Features of neonatal practice in rural areas.
- The leading causes of child mortality .
- How neonatal care has evolved in recent decades.
- Hygiene of newborns and skincare for babies.
- Postpartum infant care basics.
- Principles of breastfeeding infants.
- Predicting feeding problems and treatments.
- The leading causes of seizures in newborns and methods of treatment.
- Eating disorder in infants.
- Methods for predicting diseases in newborn children.
- Effective medical practices for babies.
- Nursing ethics for newborn care.
- Features of modern neonatal practices.
- Features of the development of the pulmonary tract of newborns.
- Studies of the lungs of a newborn: functions and structural features.
- Influence of inflammatory processes on the infant’s brain.
- The role of biomarkers in the diagnosis of traumatic brain injury in infants.
- The importance of neonatal health services.
- Basic strategies for modeling neonatal education.
- Monitoring the quality of neonatal services.
- Influence of neonatal care on the further treatment of a newborn.
- Impact of maternal obesity on infant development.
- Causes of abnormal neurological development in children.
- Use of hormones to regulate fetal lung development.
- Diagnosis of diaphragmatic hernia in infants.
- Potential lung disease in premature babies.
- Using nitric oxide to treat premature babies.
- Parental drug use and effects on fetal neurological development.
- Use of biomarkers for neonatal sepsis.
A nursing dissertation on neonatal issues is always a wise choice!
Pediatric Nursing Research Topics
Studies in pediatrics are aimed to help students discover children’s health issues to solve. Innovative approaches are mandatory to fight modern challenges. Check out these research topics for nursing students; they’ll help you become more informed:
- The importance of self-care nursing in pediatrics.
- Features of the treatment of children with autism .
- Childhood obesity problem.
- Features of vaccination of minors.
- Therapy for speech disorders .
- Causes of diabetes in young people.
- Music therapy and phlebotomy.
- Suboptimal diabetes: causes and methods of intervention.
- Causes of increased fatigue in adolescents.
- HIV prevention in adolescence.
- Preventing unwanted teenage pregnancies .
- Features of the use of painkillers in children.
- Methods for analyzing adolescent behavior.
- Features of the work of the pediatric department in schools.
- The importance of health promotion in pediatrics .
- Ways to connect with your child.
- Pediatric care basics.
- How can a healthcare professional deal with adolescent aggression ?
- Reducing the risk in children receiving oxygen therapy .
- The role of molecular markers in the diagnosis of childhood leukemia .
- Psychological help for children with cancer .
- Assessment of language models in children with autism .
- The use of stem cells in the treatment of childhood diseases.
- How do environmental problems affect the development of a child’s body?
- Implications of passive smoker syndrome for children.
- Possible complications of measles in children .
- Methods for diagnosing asthma in children .
- Common causes of Tourette’s syndrome in children.
- How does anorexia affect cognitive function in children?
- Diagnosis of ear infections in childhood.
We guess this ultimate list of research topics in pediatric nursing will be helpful for you!
Nutrition Research Topics for College Students
The eating habits of modern people can be harmful to the body. Therefore, doctors are seriously studying the current problems in this area. Here you can find tons of excellent nursing research topics on nutrition and its possible issues.
- What are referral reasons for the dietary assessment?
- Nutrition assistance for the elderly.
- Effects of stress on childhood metabolism .
- Prevention of obesity in adolescents.
- Linking diet to behavioral changes.
- How social media influences teen food choices .
- Patient nutrition problem in healthcare policy .
- Predicting and assessing diabetes .
- The problem of dietary intervention in the elderly.
- Promoting healthy eating as a way to fight obesity.
- Nursing promotion of healthy homemade food.
- Effects of good nutrition on fetal development .
- How does nutrition affect a child’s development ?
- Root causes of weight gain : a clinical study.
- Common diseases caused by poor nutrition .
- Nutrition screening for the elderly.
- The nutritional problem of children with autism .
- The importance of proper nutrition during pregnancy .
- Baby food: preventing eating disorders.
- Diet as a cause of dementia development in adults.
- Osteoporosis : the role of diet in disease prevention.
- The role of diet in healthy aging.
- What is the relationship between cancer and diet ?
- Nursing role in the safety of nutrition.
- The main benefits of a healthy diet : advice to patients.
- The role of parents in maintaining healthy eating habits in children.
- The relationship between healthy eating and cognitive development .
- Modern trends in youth nutrition.
- The nurse’s role in maintaining quality nutrition for pregnant women .
- Innovative nursing nutritional care.
Now let’s move to the next section – research topics in mental health!
Mental Health Nursing Research Topics
Mental health problems are more relevant now than ever. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness , nearly 20% of the US adult population suffers from mental health problems. That’s why psychiatry research topics capture the interest of college students.
- The importance of nursing in mental health safety .
- Features of mental disorder in alcohol dependence .
- How does police work affect mental health?
- The connection between video games and the development of teenage aggression.
- How is schizophrenia diagnosed?
- Main theories in mental health studies .
- Features of bipolar mental disorder .
- Causes and prevention of drug addiction .
- Mental health problems of athletes after physical injuries .
- Conditions for the use of psychotherapy .
- Reasons and methods for tackling health imbalances.
- The influence of phone usage on mental health .
- Brain stimulation techniques.
- Diversity of sexual orientation psychology features.
- Methods for dealing with physical violence.
- The effectiveness of traditional methods of treating mental illness .
- Features of mental support for the patient’s relatives.
- The role of nurses in the management of geriatric patients with mental disorders.
- Combating burnout in the practice of healthcare professionals.
- The problem of war veterans’ mental health .
- The phenomenon of occupational deformation as a type of mental disorder.
- Chest pain as a symptom of mental health problems in adults.
- The relationship between increased risk of cancer and depression.
- Basic treatments for dementia .
- Nursing refugee mental health help .
- The practice of mirror therapy in rehabilitation.
- Methods to help victims of violence.
- Helping patients after a stroke .
- The use of antipsychotics : benefits and harms.
- How belly massage helps fight residual stomach volume.
We believe you’re going to find one of the best psychiatric nursing research topics!
Healthcare Management Research Topics
The effective functioning of the health care system is impossible without competent leadership. Therefore, nursing research study topics on healthcare management are as important as the others!
- The importance of financial management for the healthcare industry .
- Assessment of the economic component of primary health care .
- How does bias affect healthcare funding?
- How to properly organize health care at home?
- The Importance of a Unified Nursing Code.
- How risk management affects healthcare projects?
- Gender policy in health management .
- Features of the initial stages of private medical practice.
- The importance of the apology law.
- Features of selling medical marijuana .
- Features of healthcare contracts.
- The problem of human resources in the healthcare industry .
- The problem of the shortage of men in healthcare.
- Medicare : how to get benefits.
- How to improve the minimum level of nursing training ?
- Modern trends in the healthcare management area .
- Staff uniform rules.
- Legal risks of medical personnel .
- Gender bias in nursing.
- Features of the organization of the first aid service in private sector.
- Risk management in healthcare.
- The connection of healthcare and conflict management .
- Ways to solve staffing problems in healthcare.
- Ensuring the personnel safety from infectious diseases .
- Strategies to improve the emotional health of employees.
- What is the danger of not having enough nursing staff for patients?
- Personnel policy in public medical institutions.
- International nursing training.
- Basic principles of management in healthcare facilities.
- Possible ways to get a nursing promotion.
These nursing research titles on healthcare management will impress your professors!
Medical Ethics Research Paper Topics
Controversial issues in the field of medical ethics are felt more and more acutely every year. That is why they need to be solved, and research topics related to nursing ethics present a good opportunity for highlighting them:
- The role of ethical values in the nursing decision-making process .
- Particular ethics of data collection in primary care.
- The ethical dilemma of abortion.
- Moral choice in opioid addiction .
- Features of ethics in helping the homeless .
- Ethics of care for patients with mental disorders .
- Phantom pain phenomenon.
- Features of cultural perception in the work of nurses.
- How can religious beliefs affect medical ethics?
- The role of relatives in the treatment of geriatric patients .
- Ethics of the need to increase sales in medicine.
- The problem of sexualizing the image of a nurse.
- The importance of solving moral dilemmas in nursing .
- Assisting female patients by male nurses .
- What are the main medical ethics principles?
- Ethics of care for geriatric patients.
- The problem of compulsory vaccination : solutions.
- The dilemma of artificial feeding of patients.
- Ethics of nursing in preventive medicine.
- The importance of a hospital work ethic.
- The U.S. standard of ethics for nursing .
- The dilemma of medical ethics .
- The difference in medical ethics in Asian countries and European countries.
- How can medical ethics conflict with religious beliefs?
- Assisting suicide as a dilemma in medical ethics.
- The ethical problem of marijuana usage for medical purposes .
- The impact of cultural patterns on medical ethics .
- Child maltreatment : a medical ethics dilemma.
- Implementation of international medical ethics standards for healthcare development.
- Methods for monitoring compliance with medical ethics.
Nursing ethics research questions have a tendency to be the most interesting ones!
Nursing Leadership Paper Topics
The principle of developing leadership among nurses is vital for improving the performance of any clinic. This list consists of 30 nursing research topics about leadership in healthcare field:
- What role does leadership play in nursing?
- Which skills are necessary for effective nursing leadership performance?
- The nurse’s role in providing quality health care .
- Why is it important for nurses to attend medical conferences?
- Features of the classification of nurses.
- What is a retention strategy for experienced nurses?
- How does nursing leadership development affect patient outcomes?
- The problem of obtaining a diploma for a nurse.
- Nursing leadership : key challenges and opportunities.
- Ethical issues in nursing leadership .
- Protecting staff interests in nursing management .
- Analyzing college students’ nursing leadership experience .
- Effective nursing leadership styles .
- Ways to develop nursing leadership in private healthcare facilities.
- Nursing manual: Betty Newman theory.
- The importance of intuitiveness in the workplace.
- The importance of conflict resolution in the nursing leadership sphere .
- Patient advocacy opportunities for the lead nurse.
- Nursing manual: theory of intellectual capital.
- Effective models of professional practice in nursing.
- Professional opportunities for nursing graduates in nursing leadership .
- What are modern approaches in nursing leadership?
- Transformational leadership model for nursing.
- Fundamental theories for effective nursing leadership .
- Methods for applying leadership theories to nursing .
- What is the need for effective nursing leadership ?
- Methods for monitoring the effectiveness of nursing leadership .
- Principles of delegation of authority in nursing leadership practice.
- The importance of nursing leadership in strategic hospital planning.
- Nursing leadership as a method to retain experienced staff.
Evidence-based nursing topics on leadership can become a great start to your career!
Easy Topics for Nursing Qualitative and Quantitative Research
The division into qualitative and quantitative research can be confusing. But don’t worry, we’ll help you figure it out! Each type of nursing research topic and other materials may depend on dry numbers or subjective opinions. Keep reading for more detailed information and examples of quantitative and qualitative research topics in nursing!
Qualitative vs. Quantitative Nursing Research
Empirical research methods can be divided into two broad categories: quantitative and qualitative. As their name suggests, each view relies on specific types of data. Therefore, your nursing paper topics can also reveal either qualitative or quantitative aspects of the problem. Let’s take a quick look at the main differences between these two methods.
The quantitative method relies entirely on numbers and statistics. Your task is to find patterns and come to a conclusion by analyzing a large amount of data. This type of nursing research is as structured and objective as possible. These are the quantitative method characteristics:
- Sources of information are polls, reviews, records, documents.
- The deductive methodology involved.
- As objective as possible.
- The main content is numbers and data.
- Validity depends on the selected analysis tools.
The qualitative method , on the contrary, is a reflection of the author’s thoughts and conclusions. It depends entirely on the depth of understanding of the problem and the existing materials on the nursing thesis topics. The task of the researcher is to analyze previous works and create their theory through reflection. Check the qualitative method characteristics:
- Sources of information: focus groups, document reviews, interviews.
- The inductive process is involved.
- The subjective opinion of the author is allowed.
- The main content is text and reflections.
- Validity depends on the skill of the author.
You can check lists of topics for nursing research ideas in these spheres below!
Qualitative Nursing Research Topics
Qualitative analysis is a complex but critical aspect of medical practice. Nursing qualitative research topics are designed for students to develop skills of analyzing challenging issues and make proper conclusions:
- The role of technology in improving the quality of nursing care .
- Empowering nurses to prescribe: advantages and disadvantages.
- The problem of equality between doctors and nurses .
- Nursing stereotypes.
- Issues of accreditation of medical schools.
- The problem of systemic racism in the healthcare system.
- How nursing has changed in the 20th and 21st centuries.
- The importance of nursing staff in primary care .
- Priority of cancer in adults.
- Advantages and disadvantages of qualitative research in nursing .
These qualitative nursing research topics can help you improve your analytical skills significantly!
Quantitative Nursing Research Topics
Quantitative type of scientific work is all about statistics, percentages, and numbers. Prepare yourself to analyze tons of information with these nursing quantitative research topics:
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of primary patient care.
- The leading causes of heart disease .
- Analysis of the efficacy of telemedicine .
- The problem of an overabundance of information noise in the modern world.
- Evaluation of methods of assistance in suicide attempts.
- Statistical analysis of the benefits of diets .
- Causes of mental illness in women.
- Using unconventional methods to treat diabetes .
- Benefits of probiotics for treating diarrhea .
- Methods for assessing pain in critically ill patients.
For a successful paper, it’s importnt to pick a good research topics for nursing students based on quantitative evidence.
How to choose a Nursing Research Topic?
Choosing a quality nursing research topic idea can be a daunting task. This is mainly because the variety of possible options is simply too large. But don’t worry, here are some simple tips to help you choose the theme that’s right for you!
📜 Remove large-scale topics . You should not waste your energy on massive topics. Instead, choose narrow evidence-based ideas that allow you to focus on one issue. 📜 Use personal experience . One cannot be informed in all aspects of medicine. So when you write about a topic you have no experience with, you risk getting bogged down in hours of tedious research. Try to remember what problems you faced yourself. This way, you will already have a basic knowledge of the topic. 📜 Review literature . A large amount of ready-made research a topic will be an excellent help in writing about it. Try to do a systematic nursing topics review to find more examples. This does not mean that you should copy the work of another medic. On the contrary, it will be a good opportunity for you to highlight additional information. Therefore, before choosing from easy nursing research topics, look at how much information is already in the public domain.
What is the process of nursing research? Oh, that’s a tricky question. Let’s look at the main stages you need to go through!
✨ Define the research problem . To solve a problem, you first need to find it. That is why the first thing you should do is choose a nursing research question. If you have any experience with the topic, that will be a big plus! ✨ Develop hypothesis . Now, you need to think and create your theory. It can be of any form. The main thing is to make a connection between the data pieces and find a pattern. Of course, the hypothesis must be consistent with the current nursing research topics. ✨ Literature review . Before you start writing, it’s important to tighten your knowledge of the central thesis of the topic you’ve selected. Try reading other people’s research, finding the statistics you want, and just surfing the internet. ✨ Prepare an outline . It is essential to formulate a plan for your work before you start working on it. The more detailed you describe each paragraph of your article, the less time you will need to write it. Quality work begins with a quality plan! ✨ Conduct research . Now you start the longest and most important part of the whole nursing project. You should delve deeper into the problem and find the information you need. Everything that you write should help you prove your hypothesis in one way or another. ✨ Make a conclusion and develop further recommendations . After you have processed all the material, it is time to write a conclusion. Here, you must indicate whether you have succeeded in proving the hypothesis and recommend the application for your scientific work.
Congratulations, you did it! Writing a good paper is not that difficult. It all depends on a well-chosen research topic in the nursing field; luckily, you have a list of 350 topics to look through in this article! You can find more nursing research ideas on our website!
❓ What Is Translational Research in Nursing?
Translational research is a kind of scientific work, and its task is to transform theory into new practical approaches. In other words, discoveries made in laboratories become the basis for creating a new actionable framework in nursing.
❓ What Is an Example of a Clinical Question?
The clinical question is an integral part of your scientific work. It can relate to categories such as the cause of the problem, the manifestation of the disease in the patient, possible solutions, and potential results. A well-formulated clinical question helps you write a quality article.
❓ How to Determine Level of Evidence in Nursing Research?
Several criteria determine the level of evidence in nursing research. These include quality of design, validity, and applicability of results to patient care. Therefore, you should constantly monitor the reliability of your sources and the correctness of your conclusions.
❓ What Are Some Controversial Issues in Nursing?
In modern nursing, there are some controversial issues, mainly of an ethical nature. Such problems include the issue of vaccination of people who are against it, artificial nutrition, opioid addiction, and others. There is a lively discussion about how to act correctly in some instances and what factors the decision may depend on.
- Evidence-Based Practice: PICO. Duke University .
- Asking the clinical question. Penn State University
- Evidence-Based Practice Toolkit. Darrell W. Krueger Library
- Top 5 Ethical Issues in Nursing. American Mobile
- Differences Between Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods.
- Qualitative vs. Quantitative Research – What Is the difference? Imotions
- The Seven Steps of the Research Process. Teacherph
- How to Write a Great Research Paper. University of Louisiana Monroe
- Choosing a research topic. Florida Gulf Coast University
- Nursing Process. NCBI
- Sample Research Topics. CFAES
- Selecting a Research Topic: Overview. MIT Libraries
- Three Important Nursing Subjects Students Should Know. Distant learning systems
- Evidence-Based Practice Tutorial: Asking Clinical Questions. University of Maryland
- Top 5 Ethical Issues in Nursing. Avant Healthcare
- Ethical Issues in Nursing: Explanations & Solutions. Duquesne University
- Clinical & Translational Research. UCN
- Writing a Thesis for Nursing School | Nursejournal.org
- A practical approach to the process of writing a dissertation. Nursing Times
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter X
- Share to LinkedIn
You might also like
Memorable human trafficking essay: topics & outline , credible sources 101: how to evaluate them + 60 reliable websites for students, 265 powerful research proposal topics to consider [+ writing tips].
Nursing Research Proposal Topics | Guide & 15 Examples [Updated]
Posted on July 24, 2023 |
Nursing research proposal topics can vary greatly, depending on the type of research you’re looking to conduct. Whether you are interested in studying public health issues or improving patient care through innovative research methods, there is likely something on this list that appeals to you. Included is a list of Nursing research proposal topics, DNP Research proposal topics, Current Nursing research proposal topics, Nursing research proposal writing tips, and Nursing Research Proposal Examples.
So get started on your Nursing Research Proposal now by placing an order with us.
Nursingstudy.org has the top and most qualified nursing writers to help with any of your assignments. All you need to do is place an order with us
What You’ll Learn hide
1 List of Nursing research proposal topics
2 DNP Research proposal topics
3 Current Nursing research proposal topics
4 Nursing research proposal writing tips
5 Nursing Research Proposal Examples
6 Working On an Assignment With Similar Concepts Or Instructions?
List of Nursing research proposal topics
- Racial and ethnic disparities in nursing care
- The impact of technology on nursing care
- Prevalence and determinants of burnout in nurses
- Quality of life for people with chronic illnesses served by nurses
- Effectiveness of nurse-led interventions for short-term weight loss in adults
- Nursing home adjusted living experience surveys: measuring resident satisfaction and quality of life
- Identification and characterization of health disparities among LGBT elders in long-term care facilities
- Role of nurses in the early detection and management of cancer diagnosis
- Effects of delegation on nurse burnout, patient safety , and coordination of care
- The use of technology in home health care: a study of patient and nurse perspectives11. The impact of nurse staffing on patient safety
- Effectiveness of nurse-led interventions for promoting healthy physical activity in hospitalized patients
- The role of nurses in the development and implementation of evidence-based pain management guidelines
- Effectiveness of patient-centred communication interventions to reduce bed sores in nursing home residents
- Identification and characterization of best practices for providing hospice care
- Nurse-led stress reduction interventions for long-term care staff
- Nurses’ perceptions of work-life balance: a qualitative study
- Development and evaluation of a web-based tool to support caregiver adherence to oral health care guidelines among long-term care residents
- Effects of sleep deprivation on nurses’ cognitive performance, satisfaction with work, and daytime sleepiness
- A study exploring the association between nurse staffing levels and rates of infection in a university hospital setting
- A qualitative study exploring how nurses manage transitions from inpatient to outpatient settings
- The use of social media by nurses in an acute hospital setting
- Nurses’ experiences with burnout: a cross-sectional study
- Nurse preparedness for pandemic influenza: an examination of the role of professional development
- The use of telehealth in long-term care settings: a study of nurses’ experiences
- Nurses’ experiences with chronic pain: a qualitative study
- The impact of the Affordable Care Act on the workforce and nursing
- Nursing care plans for patients with dementia: a systematic review
- Implementation of evidence-based interventions for preventing falls in older adults living in long-term care facilities
- Nurse staffing and quality of patient care: a cross-sectional study
- Use of social media by nurses during preoperative assessment
- Nurses’ perceptions of resident safety in an acute hospital setting: a qualitative study
- The effects of nurse staffing on patient satisfaction and outcomes in an acute hospital setting
- A comparative study investigating the use of videoconferencing among nurses in different specialties
- A qualitative study exploring how nurse educators use technology to engage students in online learning environments
- Examining the effect on patient safety when using electronic health records to order medications on off-hours
- Nurse staffing, work demands, and burnout in neonatal intensive care units 38. Factors that predict nurses’ decision to leave their jobs
- Effects of nurse-led interventions to improve care for veterans with chronic pain
- The use of wearable technology in hospitals: a systematic review
- Review and assessment of technologies used to support nurses during surgery
- Nursing care plans for patients with cancer: a systematic review
- Nurse-led interventions to prevent falls in older adults living in long-term care facilities: a systematic review
- The use of electronic health records to inform clinical decision making: a systematic review
- Implementation of evidence-based interventions to improve patient safety in hospitals
- A qualitative study exploring how nurses use technology in the workplace
- Factors influencing nurse satisfaction with their work and workplace culture
- Identification and assessment of best practices for preoperative patient communication in the surgical setting
- Effectiveness of nurse-led stress reduction interventions on nurses’ burnout
- Nurse staffing, workload, and burnout in intensive care units: a cross-sectional study
- There are many other nursing research proposal topics that can be explored in order to improve patient care .
Some additional potential nursing research proposal topics include:
- Assessing the effectiveness of nurse-led interventions for reducing readmissions among hospitalized patients
- Evaluating the impact of nurse call patterns on patient safety
- Analyzing the influence of nurse staffing levels on patient outcomes
- Determining the best methods for measuring patient satisfaction with nurse care
- Studying the factors influencing nurse decision making
- Investigating the feasibility and effectiveness of using remote patient monitoring technology to improve patient care
DNP Research proposal topics
There are countless nursing research proposal topics that could be explored in a doctoral or post-doctoral program. Below is a list of some DNP Research proposal topics consider:
- Investigating the feasibility and effectiveness of using remote patient monitoring technology to improve patient care
- The effect of sleep deprivation on nurses
- The use of technology in nursing care
- Investigating the relationship between patient satisfaction and nurse retention
- Studying nutrition-related issues in the context of nursing
- Assessing the impact of patient satisfaction on nurse recruitment and retention
- The relationship between patient satisfaction and nurse retention
- Investigating the feasibility of using remote patient monitoring technology in healthcare settings
- Evaluating the impact of patient satisfaction on nurse retention
- Research the best methods for measuring patient satisfaction with nurse care
- Studying the feasibility of using remote patient monitoring technology in healthcare settings
Check out the additional DNP Research proposal topics as suggested by a Nursing Instructor
- Nursing research on dementia care
- Nursing research on neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) management
- Nursing research on palliative care
- Nursing research on wound healing and reconstruction 5. Nursing research on pediatric health nursing
- Nursing research on geriatric care
- Nursing research on pharmacology for nursing
- Nursing research on infection control in the acute care setting
- Nursing research on nutrition for nursing
- The Effect of Health Education on Patient Outcomes
- Development and Evaluation of Nursing Intervention Programs
- Assessment of Patient Satisfaction with Nursing Services
- Advocating for Improved Patient-Nurse Communication
- Assessing the Effectiveness of Interventions to Address Nurses’ Burnout
- Investigating the Relationship between Nurse workload and Patient outcomes7. Evaluating the Impact of Technology on Nursing Care
- Investigating the Relationship between Professionalism and Patient Outcomes
- Studying Nutrition-Related Issues in the Context of Nursing
- Evaluating Patient-Nurse Interactions in the Context of Home Health Services
The list of DNP Research proposal topics above should guide you in creating a Research proposal.
Current Nursing research proposal topics
Nursing research proposal topics can vary greatly, depending on the type of research you’re looking to conduct. Some common topics include:
- The effects of sleep deprivation on nurses
- The effect of patient communication skills on nurses’ outcomes
- How to improve patient safety in nursing care
- How to reduce readmissions among hospitalized patients
- Study the feasibility of using remote patient monitoring technology in healthcare settings
- Evaluate the impact of patient satisfaction on nurse recruitment and retention
- Evaluate the impact of nurse staffing levels on patient outcomes
- Research the feasibility of using remote patient monitoring technology in healthcare settings
- Research the impact of patient satisfaction on nurse recruitment and retention
- Opioid use in the elderly
- Preterm birth and neonatal care
- Mobile health technology in nursing
- Nursing home quality improvement
- The impact of social media on nursing
Nursing research proposal topics can vary greatly, so it’s important to select a topic that is of interest to you and that will help you to improve patient care .
Nursing research proposal writing tips
When preparing your nursing research proposal, it’s important to keep the following tips in mind:
- Be organized
Planning and organizing your data will make your research proposal more concise and easier to read. Start by identifying the specific question you want to answer, and then list all the relevant sources that you consulted in order to reach your conclusions. Use headings and subheadings to help organize your information , and be sure to include detailed citations for all sources used.
- Use effective writing techniques
To produce a well-written research proposal, use effective writing techniques such as strong thesis statements , clear language, and well-organized data. You should also make use of persuasive arguments, vivid descriptions, and concrete examples in order to make your case for the proposed study .
- Include references
In order for your nursing research proposal to be accepted, it must include references from reliable sources that support your findings. Always cite the source where you obtained the data presented in your proposal, as well as any other sourcesthat you used in order to support your arguments.
- Make sure your proposal is properly formatted
Your nursing research proposal should be properly formatted and error-free in order to be accepted for review. Always use the correct style and grammar when writing, and make sure all data is properly referenced. avoid using excessive jargon or acronyms, and try to keep your presentation as concise as possible.
- Submit your proposal well in advance of the deadline
The sooner you submit your proposal, the better chance you have of being accepted for review. Make sure to follow the submission guidelines outlined by the journal you are submitting to, as well as the submission system specific to that journal .
Nursing Research Proposal Examples
- Evidence-Based Practice Project Proposal Research Design Comparison
- Evidence-Based Practice Project Proposal Presentation
- Evidence-Based Practice Project Proposal: Organizational Culture and Readiness
- Project Proposal Identification of Nursing Practice Problem Assignment
- EBP Proposal – Section E: Duck’s Change Curve Model
- Capstone Project Change Proposal Presentation
- Draft Proposal Development 1 Part 2 of Chapter 1
- Evidence-Based Practice Proposal – Complete Proposal – Sample Project
- Evidence-Based Practice Proposal – Evaluation of Process – Solved Essay
- Evidence Based Practice Proposal: Implementation Plan – Solved Essay
- Evidence-Based Proposal – Solved Essay
- Benchmark – Community Teaching Plan: Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal Example – Solved Essay
- Evidence-Based Practice Project Proposal
In this article, we will provide you with some ideas for nursing research proposal topics that can be used in any discipline. Whether you are interested in studying public health issues or improving patient care through innovative research methods, there is likely something on this list that appeals to you. So get started on your Nursing Research Proposal now by placing an order with us.
Nursingstudy.org has the top and most qualified writers to help with any of your assignments. All you need to do is place an order with us
Working On an Assignment With Similar Concepts Or Instructions?
A Page will cost you $12, however, this varies with your deadline.
We have a team of expert nursing writers ready to help with your nursing assignments. They will save you time, and improve your grades.
Whatever your goals are, expect plagiarism-free works, on-time delivery, and 24/7 support from us.
Here is your 15% off to get started. Simply:
- Place your order ( Place Order )
- Click on Enter Promo Code after adding your instructions
- Insert your code – Get20
All the Best,
We also serve as;
- Online Nursing Writers
- Best Nursing Writing Company
- Buy Nursing Essays
- Nursing Capstone Project Writing Services
- Nurse Writing Service
- Write My Nursing Paper Service
- Last Minute Nursing Service
- Fast Nursing Writing Service
- Essay writing nursing
- Nurses essay writing
- Nursing essay writers
- Write nursing essay
- Buy nursing essays
- Help with nursing essays
- Nursing essay help
Get Help with;
- Nursing Case Study
- Nursing Coursework Help
- Nursing Dissertation Writing Services
- Nursing Personal Statement Examples
- Nursing Essays
- Nursing Practitioners Essays and Assignment Help
- Nursing Report Writing
- Nursing Term Paper Writing
- Nursing Capstone Writing
- Nursing Discussion post writing services
We offer Instant Solutions for;
- Do my Nursing homework
- Write my Nursing essay
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Literature Review Writing
- Nursing Application Essay
- Nursing Annotated Bibliography
- Nursing Technical report
- Nursing Creative Writing
- Nursing Resume Writers
- Nurse Ghostwriting
- Nursing PowePoint presentation
Nursingstudy.org helps students cope with college assignments and write papers on a wide range of topics. We deal with academic writing, creative writing, and non-word assignments.
All the materials from our website should be used with proper references. All the work should be used in accordance with the appropriate policies and applicable laws.
120+ Best Quantitative Research Topics for Nursing Students (2024 Edition)
- Post author By Sumit Rana
- October 7, 2023
- No Comments on 120+ Best Quantitative Research Topics for Nursing Students (2024 Edition)
Explore a comprehensive list of quantitative research topics for nursing students, covering various aspects of healthcare.
Welcome to the exciting world of nursing research! For nursing students, quantitative research is like a treasure map, guiding you through the uncharted waters of healthcare with data as your compass.
It’s not just about numbers; it’s about unlocking the secrets of patient care, unraveling the mysteries of healthcare policies, and making a real impact in the field.
In this article, we’re your partners in this thrilling quest as we unveil a treasure trove of quantitative research topics tailor-made for nursing students.
These topics aren’t just lines on a page; they’re sparks of inspiration that can ignite your curiosity and fuel your passion for nursing.
So, whether you’re just beginning your research journey or you’re a seasoned explorer, grab your mental hiking boots, and let’s venture into the captivating world of quantitative research topics that will take your nursing studies to extraordinary places.
Table of Contents
The Significance of Quantitative Research in Nursing
Welcome to the dynamic world of nursing, where patient well-being is paramount. Beyond the bustling corridors and comforting smiles of nurses, there’s a vital aspect that often goes unseen but holds tremendous significance: quantitative research.
Quantitative research is like a secret ingredient that elevates nursing from being a caring profession to a dynamic force of positive change in healthcare. It’s the art of collecting, crunching, and deciphering numbers to uncover profound insights. In nursing, quantitative research shines for a multitude of reasons:
1. Identifying Trends in Patient Health
Think of it as a detective’s magnifying glass, revealing hidden patterns in patient data. Nurses can track changes over time, deciphering trends that could be game-changers in patient care.
2. Evaluating the Effectiveness of Interventions
When nurses administer treatments or implement new protocols, they want to know if it’s making a difference. Quantitative research steps in to provide concrete answers, ensuring that patient care isn’t just a guessing game.
3. Informing Policy Decisions
Policies shouldn’t be written in the dark. Quantitative research sheds light on what works and what doesn’t in healthcare, shaping policies that are backed by hard data.
4. Enhancing Evidence-Based Practice
It’s the golden standard in healthcare. Nurses are expected to base their decisions on research findings. Quantitative research equips nurses with a powerful tool to make informed choices, ultimately benefiting patients.
So, quantitative research isn’t just about numbers and statistics. It’s the compass that guides nurses in their quest to provide top-notch care, the fuel that propels innovation in healthcare, and the cornerstone of evidence-based practice.
For nursing students setting out on their educational odyssey and seasoned nurses striving for excellence, embracing quantitative research isn’t just a choice; it’s the heartbeat of progress.
It’s a journey of discovery that leads to better patient outcomes, more effective care, and a brighter future for healthcare.
Quantitative Research Topics For Nursing Students
Check out the best quatitive research topics for nursing students:-
Patient Care and Outcomes
- Analyzing the Relationship Between Nurse-Patient Ratios and Incidence of Medication Errors.
- Investigating the Impact of Early Ambulation Protocols on Postoperative Complications in Orthopedic Patients.
- Conducting a Longitudinal Study on Medication Adherence Among Diabetes Patients.
- Identifying Risk Factors Associated with Patient Falls in Geriatric Care Settings.
- Assessing the Effectiveness of Nurse Communication Training on Patient Satisfaction Scores.
- Examining the Impact of Hourly Rounding on Patient Call Light Usage in Medical-Surgical Units.
- Analyzing the Correlation Between Nurse Experience Levels and Pressure Ulcer Rates.
- Investigating the Use of Telehealth Monitoring on Readmission Rates Among Heart Failure Patients.
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Pain Assessment Tools in Pediatric Pain Management.
- Measuring the Impact of Nurse-Driven Protocols on Reducing Hospital-Acquired Infections.
Healthcare Quality and Management
- Implementing Lean Management Principles in an Outpatient Clinic to Improve Efficiency.
- Assessing the Impact of Electronic Health Record System Upgrades on Clinical Workflow.
- Conducting a Patient Satisfaction Survey to Identify Areas for Quality Improvement in an Emergency Department.
- Analyzing the Implementation of Evidence-Based Practice Guidelines in a Surgical Unit.
- Evaluating the Impact of Hospital Policies on Reducing Medication Errors.
- Investigating the Effect of Nurse-to-Nurse Handoff Communication on Patient Safety.
- Measuring the Efficiency of Discharge Planning in Reducing Readmission Rates.
- Analyzing the Use of Six Sigma Methodology in Improving Radiology Department Operations.
- Assessing the Impact of Nurse-Led Interdisciplinary Rounds on Care Coordination.
- Examining the Role of Healthcare Administrators in Promoting Patient-Centered Care.
Mental Health and Well-Being
- Evaluating the Efficacy of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Programs for Nursing Students.
- Investigating the Impact of Nursing Workload on Nurse Burnout and Patient Outcomes in Psychiatric Units.
- Assessing the Effectiveness of School-Based Mental Health Education Programs on Student Well-Being.
- Analyzing the Relationship Between Sleep Quality and Mental Health in College Students.
- Conducting a Comparative Study of Teletherapy versus In-Person Therapy for Treating Depression.
- Investigating the Influence of Peer Support Groups on Coping with Anxiety Disorders.
- Evaluating the Effect of Art Therapy on Reducing Stress and Anxiety in Hospitalized Patients.
- Assessing the Impact of Nurse-Led Mental Health Screenings in Primary Care Settings.
- Measuring the Efficacy of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Treating Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Analyzing the Role of Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners in Improving Mental Health Access in Underserved Areas.
Pediatrics and Child Health
- Conducting a Longitudinal Study on Childhood Obesity Trends and Contributing Factors.
- Investigating Parental Attitudes and Knowledge Regarding Childhood Vaccinations.
- Assessing the Impact of Parental Involvement in Pediatric Asthma Management on Disease Control.
- Implementing an Early Intervention Program for Speech Delay in Toddlers and Measuring Outcomes.
- Analyzing the Effectiveness of Pediatric Pain Management Protocols in Emergency Departments.
- Evaluating the Use of Pediatric Simulation Training for Nursing Students.
- Investigating Parental Perceptions of Childhood Immunizations and Vaccine Hesitancy.
- Assessing the Influence of Childhood Nutrition Education on Dietary Choices and Health Outcomes.
- Conducting a Comparative Study of Pediatric Nursing Care in Hospital vs. Home Settings.
- Analyzing the Impact of Child Life Specialists on Pediatric Patient Anxiety in Hospitals.
Community Health and Health Disparities
- Conducting a Cross-Cultural Study on Healthcare Access Disparities Among Diverse Ethnic Groups.
- Evaluating the Impact of Community Health Worker Interventions on Reducing Health Inequities.
- Assessing the Effectiveness of School-Based Health Promotion Programs in Underserved Areas.
- Investigating Barriers to Accessing Mental Health Services in Rural Communities.
- Analyzing the Influence of Public Health Campaigns on Smoking Cessation in Low-Income Neighborhoods.
- Conducting a Longitudinal Study on the Relationship Between Neighborhood Environments and Health Outcomes.
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Nutrition Education Programs in Reducing Childhood Obesity Disparities.
- Investigating the Impact of Medicaid Expansion on Healthcare Access and Health Disparities.
- Assessing the Role of Cultural Competency Training in Reducing Healthcare Disparities.
- Analyzing the Utilization of Telehealth Services in Addressing Rural Healthcare Disparities.
Nursing Education and Training
- Evaluating the Integration of Simulation-Based Learning into Nursing Curricula and Its Impact on Clinical Competency.
- Assessing the Effectiveness of Nursing Preceptorship Programs in Improving New Graduate Nurse Transitions.
- Investigating Factors Influencing Nursing Students’ Choice of Specialization and Career Paths.
- Analyzing the Use of Technology-Enhanced Learning Tools in Nursing Education.
- Evaluating the Long-Term Outcomes and Career Advancement of Certified Nursing Professionals.
- Assessing the Impact of Multisensory Teaching Approaches on Nursing Students’ Knowledge Retention.
- Investigating the Effect of Educational Interventions on Nursing Students’ Critical Thinking Skills.
- Analyzing the Role of Faculty Mentorship in Nursing Student Success.
- Evaluating the Efficacy of Interprofessional Education in Nursing and Healthcare.
- Assessing the Impact of Clinical Simulation on Nursing Students’ Confidence and Clinical Decision-Making.
Elderly Care and Aging Population
- Investigating the Relationship Between Polypharmacy and Adverse Drug Reactions in Elderly Patients.
- Analyzing the Role of Geriatric Nurses in Detecting and Preventing Elder Abuse in Nursing Homes.
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Person-Centered Care Approaches in Long-Term Care Facilities.
- Assessing the Impact of Falls Prevention Programs on Reducing Fall-Related Injuries in the Elderly.
- Investigating the Influence of Social Isolation on Cognitive Decline in Older Adults.
- Analyzing the Use of Telehealth Services in Providing Geriatric Care and Monitoring.
- Evaluating the Effect of Nutrition Programs on the Nutritional Status and Health Outcomes of Elderly Individuals.
- Assessing the Role of Gerontological Nurse Practitioners in Managing Chronic Illnesses in Older Adults.
- Investigating the Impact of Aging-Friendly Home Modifications on Elderly Independence.
- Analyzing the Effectiveness of Memory Enhancement Interventions in Delaying Cognitive Impairment in Seniors.
These project ideas offer a wide range of opportunities for nursing students to engage in meaningful quantitative research, contribute to the field of nursing, and address critical healthcare issues across various domains.
What are the quantitative research topics for nursing?
In the world of nursing, data isn’t just numbers; it’s the key to unlocking insights that can transform patient care.
Quantitative research, with its focus on collecting and analyzing numerical data, is the superpower that empowers nurses and nursing students to answer critical questions. It’s the compass that guides us through a multitude of fascinating topics in healthcare.
Here’s a glimpse of the diverse world that quantitative research in nursing opens up:
Prevalence and Risk Factors for Diseases and Conditions
This type of research helps us understand not only the most common diseases and conditions but also the factors that increase the likelihood of someone developing them. It’s like shining a spotlight on health risks.
Effectiveness of Treatments and Interventions
Whether it’s a new drug or an innovative therapy, quantitative research allows us to rigorously test their effectiveness. It’s the litmus test for healthcare solutions.
Quality Assessment of Healthcare Services
Want to know how different healthcare facilities stack up in terms of quality? Quantitative research is the yardstick for evaluating services in hospitals, clinics, and nursing homes.
Impact of Nursing Care on Patient Outcomes
The care nurses provide isn’t just about empathy; it’s about measurable outcomes like hospital stays, readmission rates, and even mortality. Quantitative research connects the dots.
Now, let’s dive into some specific and intriguing quantitative research topics in nursing:
The Relationship Between Nurse Staffing Levels and Patient Outcomes
Ever wondered how the number of nurses on duty affects the experiences and health outcomes of patients? It’s an essential question for improving patient care.
The Effectiveness of Various Pain Management Interventions for Cancer Patients
For those battling cancer, effective pain management can be a game-changer. Quantitative research helps us identify what works best.
Prevalence and Risk Factors for Pressure Ulcers in Hospitalized Patients
Pressure ulcers are a significant concern in healthcare. Quantitative research unveils their prevalence and contributing factors.
Impact of Educational Programs on Nurses’ Knowledge and Skills
The learning and training of nurses are pivotal. Quantitative research assesses how educational programs enhance nurses’ knowledge and abilities.
The Relationship Between Nurses’ Job Satisfaction and Patient Satisfaction
Happy nurses, happy patients – that’s the mantra. Quantitative research explores the connection between nurses’ job satisfaction and the contentment of those they care for.
Quantitative research isn’t just about data; it’s about making healthcare better, more effective, and patient-focused. It’s the bridge between questions and answers, between problems and solutions.
What is an example of quantitative research for nursing students?
For nursing students, quantitative research is like a treasure map, guiding them to uncover valuable healthcare insights. It’s not about complex data but practical answers to vital questions.
Here are two exciting examples of quantitative research topics made simple:
Do More Nurses Mean Better Care?
Imagine a busy hospital. Does having more nurses around mean better care for patients? This is a question nursing students can investigate.
They can study a hospital, noting the number of nurses for each patient and patient outcomes like how long they stay, how often they’re readmitted, and even survival rates.
By connecting the dots in this data, students can find out if more nurses lead to better patient outcomes.
Soothing Pain for Cancer Patients
Cancer patients often deal with pain, and easing it is crucial. Quantitative research can help answer which pain management methods work best. Nursing students can set up a trial, testing different pain relief approaches.
They might compare various medicines and alternative options like massage or acupuncture. Once the trial is done and data collected, students can tell us which pain relief method works best for cancer patients.
Quantitative research isn’t just about numbers; it’s about nursing students making healthcare better. By exploring these topics, students not only learn but also become healthcare problem-solvers.
It’s a journey of discovery that promises to improve patient care and the quality of healthcare services, one research question at a time.
What are some good research topics for nursing?
In the world of nursing, research is a powerful tool for improving patient care and making healthcare more effective.
Here are some simple and engaging research topics that nursing students and professionals can delve into:
Better Communication, Better Care
How can nurses’ communication skills influence patient satisfaction and health outcomes? Investigate how clear and compassionate communication can make a difference.
Tackling Nurse Burnout
Nursing can be challenging. Explore ways to prevent burnout among nurses and ensure they stay healthy and motivated in their demanding roles.
Mental Health Matters
Delve into the stigma surrounding mental health among nurses. Does it affect their willingness to seek help and their ability to provide quality care?
Making Care Safer
Patient safety is crucial. Study strategies to reduce medical errors and improve patient safety in hospitals and healthcare facilities.
Technology and Nursing
How is technology changing nursing practice? Analyze the impact of electronic health records , telemedicine, and other innovations on patient care.
Cultural Competence Counts
Why is cultural competency vital in nursing care? Explore the benefits of nurses understanding and respecting diverse cultural backgrounds.
Do nurse staffing levels affect patient outcomes? Investigate how the number of nurses on duty relates to patient mortality, readmissions, and infections.
Palliative Care Excellence
Assess the effectiveness of palliative care programs in enhancing the quality of life for patients with terminal illnesses.
Education for Competence
How can nursing education prepare students for real-world practice? Look into innovative educational methods like simulation-based learning.
Pain Relief for Kids
Pediatric patients need specialized care, especially when it comes to pain management. Explore methods to improve pain management for young patients.
Closing Health Gaps
Investigate the factors contributing to health disparities among different populations, with a focus on maternal and child health.
Nursing Leadership’s Impact
Examine how different leadership styles among nurses influence the work environment, job satisfaction, and patient care quality.
Ethical Decisions in Nursing
Explore the ethical dilemmas that nurses face in their daily practice and develop guidelines for making ethical decisions.
Managing Chronic Conditions
Study nursing-led interventions in managing chronic diseases like diabetes or hypertension to improve patient outcomes.
Aging and Long-Term Care
With an aging population, explore the unique challenges and opportunities in providing care for elderly individuals.
These research topics are not just about numbers; they’re about improving nursing practice and patient care, one study at a time. They offer a chance for nurses and nursing students to make a real impact in the healthcare world.
What are topics suitable for quantitative research?
Quantitative research is like a magnifying glass for understanding the world through numbers. Here are some simple and engaging topics that can be explored:
How Teaching Methods Affect Grades
Dive into how different teaching techniques impact students’ grades. Do interactive lessons lead to better results?
Measuring Patient Happiness
Ever wondered what makes patients happy? Quantify their satisfaction with healthcare services and discover what matters most.
Happy Workers, Productive Workers
Explore whether happy employees are more productive. Does job satisfaction lead to better job performance?
Lifestyle Choices and Health
Connect the dots between lifestyle habits like diet, exercise, and health outcomes. Does a healthy lifestyle reduce the risk of diseases?
Ads and Buying Habits
Find out how advertising influences what we buy. Do those catchy commercials really make a difference?
Tourism’s Impact on Communities
Measure how tourism affects local economies. Does it bring in money and jobs?
Fighting Crime with Community Policing
Quantify crime rates in an area and see if community policing strategies make neighborhoods safer.
Parental Help and School Success
Investigate how parents’ involvement in their child’s education influences their academic achievements.
Pollution and Health
Study the link between exposure to pollution and health problems. Can cleaner environments lead to healthier lives?
Social Media and Mental Health
Examine how our use of social media affects our mental well-being. Does scrolling through feeds impact our happiness?
Training and Skills
Measure the effectiveness of employee training programs. Do they really boost skills on the job?
Online Shopping Satisfaction
Gauge customer satisfaction with online shopping platforms. What makes for a great online shopping experience?
Politics and Public Opinion
Take the pulse of public opinion on political issues. How do people’s views affect their voting choices?
Employee Engagement and Job Retention
Quantify how engaged employees are in their work and see if it affects whether they stay or leave.
Vaccines and Disease Preventio
Investigate how effective vaccination campaigns are in preventing diseases.
These topics aren’t just about numbers; they’re about understanding the world in a clearer, more meaningful way. They’re like puzzles waiting to be solved, and they have the power to make our lives better and more informed.
Quantitative research topics for nursing students are more than just ideas; they’re pathways to understanding and improving healthcare.
These topics beckon students to embark on a journey of exploration, discovery, and impact. They offer the chance to seek answers, enhance patient care, and contribute to the evolution of nursing practice.
As nursing students delve into research, they become storytellers of data and advocates for evidence-based care. It’s a journey where questions lead to insights, where data transforms into knowledge, and where research isn’t a task but a mission.
From unraveling the mysteries of nurse staffing and its effects on patients to exploring innovative pain management techniques, each research topic opens doors to better practices and better outcomes. These topics are bridges between theory and real-world solutions.
In the world of quantitative research, nursing students are the architects of change, designing a future where healthcare is more effective, compassionate, and patient-centered.
Their work doesn’t end with research papers; it extends to the bedside, touching the lives of those they care for.
So, as nursing students embark on their research journeys, let them remember that their efforts matter. Every question they ask, every dataset they analyze, and every conclusion they draw has the potential to improve lives. They are the drivers of progress, making healthcare better, one research topic at a time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can i change my research topic after i’ve started my study.
Yes, it’s possible to adjust your research topic if you find that your initial choice isn’t yielding the expected results or if you develop a stronger interest in another area. However, consult with your advisor or faculty for guidance on making this decision.
How can I narrow down a broad research topic?
To narrow down a broad research topic, consider focusing on a specific aspect or population within that topic. Conduct a literature review to identify gaps in existing research, which can help you refine your research question.
Are quantitative research topics more challenging than qualitative ones?
The difficulty of a research topic depends on your familiarity with the subject matter and research methods. Quantitative research often involves statistical analysis, which can be challenging for some students, but it can also provide clear and objective results.
Can I collaborate with other students on a research project?
Collaboration can be beneficial in research projects. Working with peers allows you to share ideas, distribute workload, and gain diverse perspectives. However, ensure that each member contributes substantially to the project.
How do I ensure the ethical conduct of my research?
Ethical considerations are vital in research. Seek guidance from your institution’s ethics committee, obtain informed consent from participants, and follow ethical guidelines in data collection, analysis, and reporting.
By Sumit Rana
Sumit is an enthusiast writer graduated in computer science. He has more than 4 year of experience in SEO and content writhing. He likes to write to various topics such as education, programming and study abroad.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- australia (2)
- duolingo (13)
- Education (197)
- General (37)
- IELTS (123)
- Latest Updates (137)
- Malta Visa (6)
- Permanent residency (1)
- Programming (31)
- Scholarship (1)
- Sponsored (5)
- Study Abroad (165)
- Technology (10)
- work permit (8)
Key EBP Nursing Topics: Enhancing Patient Results through Evidence-Based Practice
This article was written in collaboration with Christine T. and ChatGPT, our little helper developed by OpenAI.
Evidence-based practice (EBP) is the use of the best available evidence to inform clinical decision-making in nursing. EBP has become increasingly popular in nursing practice because it ensures that patient care is based on the most current and relevant research. In this article, we will discuss the latest evidence-based practice nursing research topics, how to choose them, and where to find EBP project ideas.
What is Evidence-Based Practice Nursing?
EBP nursing involves a cyclical process of asking clinical questions, seeking the best available evidence, critically evaluating that evidence, and then integrating it with the patient’s clinical experience and values to make informed decisions. By following this process, nurses can provide the best care for their patients and ensure that their practice is informed by the latest research.
One of the key components of EBP nursing is the critical appraisal of research evidence. Nurses must be able to evaluate the quality of studies, including study design, sample size, and statistical analysis. This requires an understanding of research methodology and the ability to apply critical thinking skills to evaluate research evidence.
EBP nursing also involves the use of clinical practice guidelines and protocols, which are evidence-based guidelines for clinical practice. These guidelines have been developed by expert groups and are based on the best available evidence. By following these guidelines, nurses can ensure that their practice is in line with the latest research and can provide the best possible care for their patients.
Finally, EBP nursing involves continuous professional development and a commitment to lifelong learning. Nurses must keep abreast of the latest research and clinical practice guidelines to ensure that their practice is informed by the latest research. This requires a commitment to ongoing learning and professional development, including attending conferences, reading scholarly articles, and participating in continuing education programs.
You can also learn more about evidence-based practice in nursing to gain a deeper understanding of the definition, stages, benefits, and challenges of implementing it.
Medical Studies Overwhelming?
Delegate Your Nursing Papers to the Pros!
Get 15% Discount
+ Plagiarism Report for FREE
How to Choose Evidence-Based Practice Nursing Research Topics
Choosing a science-based topic for nursing practice can be a daunting task, especially if you are new to the field. Here are some tips to help you choose a relevant and interesting EBP topic:
- Look for controversial or debated issues
Look for areas of nursing practice that are controversial or have conflicting evidence. These topics often have the potential to generate innovative and effective research.
- Consider ethical issues
Consider topics related to ethical issues in nursing practice. For example, bereavement care, informed consent , and patient privacy are all ethical issues that can be explored in an EBP project.
- Explore interdisciplinary topics
Nursing practice often involves collaboration with other health professionals such as physicians, social workers, and occupational therapists. Consider interdisciplinary topics that may be useful from a nursing perspective.
- Consider local or regional issues
Consider topics that are relevant to your local or regional healthcare facility. These topics may be relevant to your practice and have a greater impact on patient outcomes in your community.
- Check out the latest research
Review recent research in your area of interest to identify gaps in the literature or areas where further research is needed. This can help you develop a research question that is relevant and innovative.
With these tips in mind, you can expand your options for EBP nursing research topics and find a topic that fits your interests and goals. Remember that patient outcomes should be at the forefront of your research and choose a topic that has the potential to improve treatment and patient outcomes.
Where to Get EBP Project Ideas
There are several sources that nurses can use to get EBP project ideas. These sources are diverse and can provide valuable inspiration for research topics. By exploring these sources, nurses can find research questions that align with their interests and that address gaps in the literature. These include:
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
Look for clinical practice guidelines developed by professional organizations or healthcare institutions. These guidelines provide evidence-based guidelines for clinical practice and can help identify areas where further research is needed.
- Research databases
Explore research databases such as PubMed, CINAHL, and the Cochrane Library to find the latest studies and systematic reviews. These databases can help you identify gaps in the literature and areas where further research is needed.
- Clinical Experts
Consult with clinical experts in your practice area. These experts may have insights into areas where further research is needed or may provide guidance on areas of practice that may benefit from an EBP project.
- Quality Improvement Projects
Review quality improvement projects that have been implemented in your healthcare facility. These projects may identify areas where further research is needed or identify gaps in the literature that could be addressed in an EBP project.
- Patient and family feedback
Consider patient and family feedback to identify areas where further research is needed. Patients and families can provide valuable information about areas of nursing practice that can be improved or that could benefit from further research.
Remember, when searching for ideas for EBP nursing research projects, it is important to consider the potential impact on patient care and outcomes. Select a topic that has the potential to improve patient outcomes and consider the feasibility of the project in terms of time, resources, and access to data. By choosing a topic that matches your interests and goals and is feasible at your institution, you can conduct a meaningful and productive EBP research project in nursing.
Nursing EBP Topics You Can Use in Your Essay
Here are some of the latest evidence-based practice nursing research topics that you can use in your essay or explore further in your own research:
- The impact of telehealth on patient outcomes in primary care
- The use of music therapy to manage pain in post-operative patients
- The effectiveness of mindfulness-based stress reduction in reducing stress and anxiety in healthcare workers
- Combating health care-associated infections: a community-based approach
- The impact of nurse-led discharge education on readmission rates for heart failure patients
- The use of simulation in nursing education to improve patient safety
- The effectiveness of early mobilization in preventing post-operative complications
- The use of aromatherapy to manage agitation in patients with dementia
- The impact of nurse-patient communication on patient satisfaction and outcomes
- The effectiveness of peer support in improving diabetes self-management
- The impact of cultural competence training on patient outcomes in diverse healthcare settings
- The use of animal-assisted therapy in managing anxiety and depression in patients with chronic illnesses
- The effectiveness of nurse-led smoking cessation interventions in promoting smoking cessation among hospitalized patients
- Importance of literature review in evidence-based research
- The impact of nurse-led care transitions on hospital readmission rates for older adults
- The effectiveness of nurse-led weight management interventions in reducing obesity rates among children and adolescents
- The impact of medication reconciliation on medication errors and adverse drug events
- The use of mindfulness-based interventions to manage chronic pain in older adults
- The effectiveness of nurse-led interventions in reducing hospital-acquired infections
- The impact of patient-centered care on patient satisfaction and outcomes
- The use of art therapy to manage anxiety in pediatric patients undergoing medical procedures
- Pediatric oncology: working towards better treatment through evidence-based research
- The effectiveness of nurse-led interventions in improving medication adherence among patients with chronic illnesses
- The impact of team-based care on patient outcomes in primary care settings
- The use of music therapy to improve sleep quality in hospitalized patients
- The effectiveness of nurse-led interventions in reducing falls in older adults
- The impact of nurse-led care on maternal and infant outcomes in low-resource settings
- The use of acupressure to manage chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting
- The effectiveness of nurse-led interventions in promoting breastfeeding initiation and duration
- The impact of nurse-led palliative care interventions on end-of-life care in hospice settings
- The use of hypnotherapy to manage pain in labor and delivery
- The effectiveness of nurse-led interventions in reducing hospital length of stay for surgical patients
- The impact of nurse-led transitional care interventions on readmission rates for heart failure patients
- The use of massage therapy to manage pain in hospitalized patients
- The effectiveness of nurse-led interventions in promoting physical activity among adults with chronic illnesses
- The impact of technology-based interventions on patient outcomes in mental health settings
- The use of mind-body interventions to manage chronic pain in patients with fibromyalgia
- Optimizing the clarifying diagnosis of stomach cancer
- The effectiveness of nurse-led interventions in reducing medication errors in pediatric patients
- The impact of nurse-led interventions on patient outcomes in long-term care settings
- The use of aromatherapy to manage anxiety in patients undergoing cardiac catheterization
- The effectiveness of nurse-led interventions in improving glycemic control in patients with diabetes
- The impact of nurse-led interventions on patient outcomes in emergency department settings
- The use of relaxation techniques to manage anxiety in patients with cancer
- The effectiveness of nurse-led interventions in improving self-management skills among patients with heart failure
- The impact of nurse-led interventions on patient outcomes in critical care settings
- The use of yoga to manage symptoms in patients with multiple sclerosis
- The effectiveness of nurse-led interventions in promoting medication safety in community settings
- The impact of nurse-led interventions on patient outcomes in home healthcare settings
- The role of family involvement in the rehabilitation of stroke patients
- Assessing the effectiveness of virtual reality in pain management
- The impact of pet therapy on mental well-being in elderly patients
- Exploring the benefits of intermittent fasting on diabetic patients
- The efficacy of acupuncture in managing chronic pain in cancer patients
- Effect of laughter therapy on stress levels among healthcare professionals
- The influence of a plant-based diet on cardiovascular health
- Analyzing the outcomes of nurse-led cognitive behavioral therapy sessions for insomnia patients
- The role of yoga and meditation in managing hypertension
- Exploring the benefits of hydrotherapy in post-operative orthopedic patients
- The impact of digital health applications on patient adherence to medications
- Assessing the outcomes of art therapy in pediatric patients with chronic illnesses
- The role of nutrition education in managing obesity in pediatric patients
- Exploring the effects of nature walks on mental well-being in patients with depression
- The impact of continuous glucose monitoring systems on glycemic control in diabetic patients
The Importance of Incorporating EBP in Nursing Education
Evidence-based practice is not just a tool for seasoned nurses; it’s a foundational skill that should be integrated early into nursing education. By doing so, students learn the mechanics of nursing and the rationale behind various interventions grounded in scientific research.
- Bridging Theory and Practice:
Introducing EBP in the curriculum helps students bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and clinical practice. They learn how to perform a task and why it’s done a particular way.
- Critical Thinking:
EBP promotes critical thinking. By regularly reviewing and appraising research, students develop the ability to discern the quality and applicability of studies. This skill is invaluable in a rapidly evolving field like healthcare.
- Lifelong Learning:
EBP instills a culture of continuous learning. It encourages nurses to regularly seek out the most recent research findings and adapt their practices accordingly.
- Improved Patient Outcomes:
At the heart of EBP is the goal of enhanced patient care. We ensure patients receive the most effective, up-to-date care by teaching students to base their practices on evidence.
- Professional Development:
Familiarity with EBP makes it easier for nurses to contribute to professional discussions, attend conferences, and conduct research. It elevates their professional stature and opens doors to new opportunities.
To truly prepare nursing students for the challenges of modern healthcare, it’s essential to make EBP a core part of their education.
In summary, evidence-based practice nursing is an essential component of providing quality patient care. As a nurse, it is important to stay up to date on the latest research in the field and incorporate evidence-based practices into your daily work. Choosing a research topic that aligns with your interests and addresses a gap in the literature can lead to valuable contributions to the field of nursing.
When it comes to finding EBP project ideas, there are many sources available, including professional organizations, academic journals, and healthcare conferences. By collaborating with colleagues and seeking feedback from mentors, you can refine your research question and design a study that is rigorous and relevant.
The nursing evidence-based practice topics listed above provide a starting point for further exploration and investigation. By studying the effectiveness of various nursing interventions and techniques, we can continue to improve patient outcomes and deliver better care. Ultimately, evidence-based practice nursing is about using the best available research to inform our decisions and provide the highest quality care possible to our patients.
📎 Related Articles
1. Top Nursing Research Topics for Students and Professionals 2. Nursing Debate Topics: The Importance of Discussing and Debating Nursing Issues 3. Mental Health Nursing Research Topics: Inspiring Ideas for Students 4. Top Nursing Argumentative Essay Topics: Engage in Thought-Provoking Debates 5. Top Nursing Topics for Discussion: Engaging Conversations for Healthcare Professionals 6. Exploring Controversial Issues in Nursing: Key Topics and Examples 7. Pediatric Nursing Research Topics for Students: A Comprehensive Guide
Table of content
Crafted with Care:
Precision, Passion, & Professionalism in Every Page.
150 Qualitative and Quantitative Nursing Research Topics for Students
Do not be lazy to spend some time researching and brainstorming. You can either lookup for the popular nursing research topics on social media networks or news or ask a professional writer online to take care of your assignment. What you should not do for sure is refuse to complete any of your course projects. You need every single task to be done if you wish to earn the highest score by the end of a semester.
In this article, we will share 150 excellent nursing research topics with you. Choose one of them or come up with your own idea based on our tips, and you’ll succeed for sure!
Table of Contents
Selecting the Top Ideas for Your Essays in Healthcare & Medicine
Would you like to learn how to pick research paper topics for nursing students? We will share some tips before offering lists of ideas.
Start with the preliminary research. You can get inspired on various websites offering ideas for students as well as academic help. Gather with your classmates and brainstorm by putting down different themes that you can cover. You should take your interests into consideration, but still, remember that ideas must relate to your lessons recently covered in class. You have to highlight keywords and main phrases to use in your text.
Before deciding on one of the numerous nursing school research topics, you should consult your tutor. Make sure that he or she approves the idea. Start writing only after that.
50 Popular Nursing Research Topics
Are you here to find the most popular research topics? They change with each new year as the innovations and technologies move on. We have collected the top discussed themes in healthcare for you.
- Problems Encountered by the Spouses of the Patients with Dyslexia
- Ethics in Geriatrics
- Checklist for the Delivery Room Behavior
- Parkinson Disease: Causes and Development
- Exercises Used to Improve Mental Health
- Effective Tips for Antenatal Treatment
- Syndrome of the Restless Legs: How to Treat It
- Behavior Assessment in Pediatric Primary Care
- Why Can Mother’s Health Be under the Threat During the Child Birth?
- Recommendations for Creating Strong Nursing Communities
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Proper Treatment
- Pre-Term Labor Threats
- Music Therapy and Lactation
- Influence of Ageism on Mental Health
- Newborn Resuscitation Practices
- Effective Therapy for Bladder Cancer
- Approaches to Improving Emotional Health of Nurses
- Skin-to-skin Contact by mothers and Its Consequences
- Does a Nurse Have a Right to Prescribe Drugs?
- Research on Atrial Fibrillation
- Pros & Cons of Water Birth
- Prevention Measures for Those Who Have to Contact Infectious Diseases
- Stroke Disease and Ways to Cure It
- The Role of Governmental Policies on the Hiring of Healthcare Professionals
- Demands for the Critical Care
- Joint Issue Research in Elderly Population
- Why Should Nurses and Healthcare Workers Cooperate?
- The Role of Good Leadership Skills in Nursing Profession
- How to Minimize the Threat of Cardiovascular Problems
- What Should a Nurse Do When an Elderly Refuses to Eat?
- Main Reasons for the Depression to Occur
- Methods Used to Detect an Abused Elderly Patient
- Treatment and Prevention of Acne and Other Skin Problems
- Consequences of the So-Called “Cold Therapy”
- End-of-Life Care Interventions That Work
- Risk factors for Osteoporosis in Female Population
- Alcohol Addiction and How to Get Rid of It
- Emerging Ethical Problems in Pain Management
- Psychiatric Patient Ethics
- How to Teach Female Population about Menopause Management
- Reasons for Aged Patients to Use Alcohol in Nursing Homes
- Family Engagement in Primary Healthcare
- Do the Race and Gender of a Patient Play a Role in Pain Management?
- PTSD in the Veterans of the United States Army
- How to Prepare a Nurse for Primary Healthcare
- The Correlation between Teen Aggression and Video Games
- Outcomes of Abdominal Massage in Critically Sick Population
- Developing an Effective Weight Loss Program: Case Study
- Comparing and Contrasting Public Health Nursing Models in Various Regions
- Mirror Therapy for Stroke Patients Who Are Partially Paralyzed
50 Interesting Nursing Research Topics
Do you wish to impress the target audience? Are you looking for the most interesting nursing research topics? It is important to consider time and recently covered themes. People tend to consider a topic an interesting one only if it is relevant. We have prepared the list of curious ideas for your project.
- Reasons for Hypertensive Diseases
- Self-Care Management and Sickle Cell Grown-Up Patients
- Schizophrenia Symptoms, Treatment, and Diagnostics
- Acute Coronary Syndrome Care
- Getting Ready with Caesarean Section
- What Are Some of the Cold and Cough Medicines?
- Why Do Patients Suffer from Anxiety Disorders?
- Use of the Forbidden Substances in Medicine
- How to Make Wise and Safe Medical Decisions
- CV Imaging Procedure
- Complementary vs. Alternative Therapy
- Can Some Types of Grains Prevent Cardiovascular Diseases?
- Restrictions of Medical Contracts
- How to Cope with High Levels of Stress
- Legal Threats with Non-English Patients
- The Basics of Palliative Care
- Clinical Cardiology Innovations
- How to Reduce Body Temperature in Household Conditions
- What Causes Type II Diabetes?
- Ways to Control Blood Pressure at Home
- Dental/Oral Health in the US
- Is There a Gender Bias in Nursing Profession?
- Gyno Education for the Young Girls
- Bipolar Disorder and Its Main Symptoms
- Methods Used to Recover after Physical Traumas
- The Principles of Sports Medicine
- The Gap between Female and Male Healthcare Professionals
- Increasing the Efficiency of Asthma Management in Educational Establishments
- Different Roles of Clinical Nurses
- Case Study: Successful Treatment of Migraine
- In-depth Analysis of the Ovarian Disorder
- Distant Intensive Treatment Until Questions
- Proper Treatment of Sleep Disorders
- How to Overcome Stressful Situations during Night Shifts
- Effective Methods to Prevent Breast Cancer
- Future of Healthcare & Medicine (Based on Modern Innovations)
- Approaches to Treating Insomnia
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Diversity in the Field of Medicine
- Issues Associated with Menopause
- Causes and Effects of the Vaginal Atrophy
- Is Child’s Health Insurance a Right or a Privilege?
- Best Practices for Nursing Practitioners
- What Does the Phenomenon of Phantom Pains Stand for?
- Ethical Aspects of Infertility
- Protocol for Headache Treatment
- Moral Aspects of Euthanasia
- Treatment of Homeless People
- Why Should Healthcare System Be Made Free Everywhere in the World?
- Pain Restrictions Evaluation
50 Good Nursing Research Topics
Here is one more list of the nursing topics for research paper. We hope that at least one of these ideas will inspire you or give a clue.
- Advantages of Pet Therapy in Kids with the Autism Disorder
- Contemporary Approaches to Vaccinating Teenagers
- eHealth: The Effectiveness of Telecare and eCare
- Burn-Out in the Nursing Profession: Effective Ways to Handle Stress
- Healing of Bone Injuries
- Providing Spiritual Care: Does It Make Sense?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Opioid Usage
- Symptoms in ER That Cannot Be Explained by Medicine
- Contemporary Neonatal Practices
- Disorders with the Sexual Heath of an Average Woman
- Typical Causes of Headache
- Top Measures Used to Prevent Pregnancy
- Strategies Used by Government to Finance Healthcare System
- The Possible Consequences of Abortion for Women
- Evaluation of Childbirth Efficacy
- Quality Evaluation Techniques in Healthcare & Medicine
- Maternal Practices in Urban Areas
- Childcare Services Integration in Primary Medicine
- Rules for Pregnant Women Who Suffer from Obesity
- Mental Causes of Anorexia Nervosa
- Self-Instruction Kits
- Post-Natal Period Recommendations
- Midwifery Continuous Treatment & Care
- Case Study: Analyzing Positive Birth Experience
- Issues Related to the Gestational Weight Gain
- The Importance of Healthy Nutrition and Hydration
- What Are the Obligations of Every Nurse in Any Situation?
- Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment of ADHD
- Management of Disease and Prevention Methods
- The Importance of Kid and Teen Vaccination
- Termination of Pregnancy: Risks for Female Health
- Obligations of Every Pharmacist
- How to Prevent Child Obesity
- How to Stick to the Safe Sex Culture
- What Are the Main Symptoms of Autism?
- Ethics of the Healthcare Sales Promotion Campaigns
- Pros and Cons of Telemedicine
- Ethics in Pediatric Care
- Therapies Used to Treat Speech Disorders
- Medical Uniform Code Principles
- Psychological Sides of Infant Treatment
- Reasons for Seizures to Happen in Young Adolescents
- Healthcare Home Service and Self-Medicine
- How to Deal with Various Types of Eating Disorders
- Treatment of Patients in Prison
- Patient Security and Human Factors
- Bad Habits and Illnesses Impacted by Social Media and Pop Culture
- Apology Legislation and Regulations
- Antibiotic Resistance in Small Kids
- Nursing Marijuana Management & Control
You should also know that there are qualitative and quantitative nursing research topics. If you decide to base your study on numbers and figures, you should think about the second category. In quantitative research papers, writers must provide statistical data and interpret it to defend a thesis statement or find a solution to the existing problem.
Keep in mind that you can always count on the help of our professional essay writers . They will come up with the good nursing research topics and even compose the whole paper for you if you want.
15% OFF Your first order!
Aviable for the first 1000 subscribers, hurry up!
You might also like:
Why You Should Read a Data Gathering Procedure Example
What Is Culture and What Are Some Popular Culture Essay Topics?
- College Term Paper
- Buy Research Papers
- English Paper
- Free Grammar and Spell Check
- Free Plagiarism Checker
- Free Online Grammar Checker
- Term Paper Editing
- Dissertation Conclusion
- Dissertation Hypothesis
- Dissertation Introduction
- Dissertation Methodology
- Dissertation Results
- Dissertation Abstract
- Homework Help
- College Term Papers
- Science Essay
- University Essay
- Science Paper
- Sample Essay
- Process Essay
- Problem Statement
- Opinion Essay
- Informative Essay
- Exploratory Essay
- Evaluation Essay
- Defining Key Terms
- Comparative Essay
- Classification Essay
- Abortion Essay
- Papers Example
- High School Essay
- Graduate Paper
- Free Papers
- Essay Body Paragraph
- Critical Essay
- Cause And Effect Essay
- Chicago Style Paper
us.MasterPapers.comhelps students cope with college assignments and write papers on a wide range of topics. We deal with academic writing, creative writing, and non-word assignments.
All of papers you get at us.MasterPapers.com are meant for research purposes only. The papers are not supposed to be submitted for academic credit.
Online Chat 24/7
- Terms & Conditions
- Money-back guarantee
Research Topics & Ideas: Nursing
50+ Nursing Research Topic Ideas To Fast-Track Your Project
Finding and choosing a strong research topic is the critical first step when it comes to crafting a high-quality dissertation, thesis or research project. If you’ve landed on this post, chances are you’re looking for a nursing-related research topic , but aren’t sure where to start. Here, we’ll explore a variety of nursing-related research ideas and topic thought-starters, including general nursing, medical-surgical nursing, pediatric nursing, obstetrics and gynaecological nursing, ICU and mental health nursing.
NB – This is just the start…
The topic ideation and evaluation process has multiple steps . In this post, we’ll kickstart the process by sharing some research topic ideas within the nursing domain. This is the starting point, but to develop a well-defined research topic, you’ll need to identify a clear and convincing research gap , along with a well-justified plan of action to fill that gap.
If you’re new to the oftentimes perplexing world of research, or if this is your first time undertaking a formal academic research project, be sure to check out our free dissertation mini-course. In it, we cover the process of writing a dissertation or thesis from start to end. Be sure to also sign up for our free webinar that explores how to find a high-quality research topic.
Overview: Nursing Research Topics
- General nursing-related topics
- Medical-surgical nursing
- Pediatric nursing
- Obstetrics and gynaecological nursing
- ICU nursing
- Mental health nursing
General Nursing Research Topics & Ideas
- The impact of cultural competence on patient care in the UK
- The importance of evidence-based practice in nursing for patients with HIV/AIDS
- The effects of workplace stress on nurse well-being and performance
- The role of nurse-patient communication for patients transitioning from adolescent to adult care
- The impact of technology on nursing practice and patient outcomes
- The importance of interdisciplinary collaboration in healthcare for the rehabilitation of patients post-surgery
- The effects of fatigue on nurse performance in the emergency room
- The impact of nurse staffing levels on patient outcomes in rural areas
- The effectiveness of nurse-led interventions in managing chronic conditions: a case study of diabetes
- The impact of patient-centred care on health outcomes for the elderly
- The importance of patient safety in nursing: bedside nurse vigilance
- The effects of empathy and compassion in critical care nursing
- The role of nursing in disaster preparedness and response: a case study of the Haiti earthquake of 2021
- The impact of the level of nursing education on patient outcomes
- The importance of ethical considerations in frail care nursing practice
Topics & Ideas: Medical-Surgical Nursing
- The impact of bedside care on patient outcomes in medical-surgical units
- The role of the nurse in managing post-operative patient pain
- The effects of nurse-patient ratios on patient outcomes in medical-surgical units
- A systematic review of different approaches to patient education in medical-surgical units
- The relationship between nurse-patient communication and patient satisfaction in medical-surgical units: perspectives and recommendations to improving patient satisfaction
Topics & Ideas: Pediatrics Nursing
- The impact of family-centered care on pediatric patient outcomes with sickle cell anemia
- The role of nursing interventions in promoting developmental and behavioral health in pediatric patients
- The effects of play therapy on anxiety and pain in pediatric patients during hospitilisation
- A systematic review of different approaches to pain management in pediatric cancer patients
- The relationship between parent involvement and post-operative patient outcomes in pediatric units
Ideas: Obstetrics and Gynecological Nursing
- The impact of nurse-led prenatal care on maternal and fetal outcomes in African American communities
- The role of the nurse in promoting sexual and reproductive health for women in the UK
- The effects of midwifery care on maternal satisfaction of primiparous women and birth outcomes
- A comparative study of different approaches to childbirth education for expectant mothers and partners: perceptions of control
- The relationship between lactation support and breastfeeding success of primiparous women
Topics & Ideas: ICU Nursing
- The impact of nursing interventions on patient outcomes in intensive care units in a developing country
- The role of the nurse in managing palliative and end-of-life care in the ICU
- The effects of family presence on patient outcomes and satisfaction in the ICU: A systematic review of the literature
- A comparative study of different approaches to pain management for trauma patients in the ICU
- The relationship between nurse-patient communication and geriatric patient outcomes in ICU
Topics & Ideas: Mental Health Nursing
- The impact of nurse-led therapy on adolescent patient outcomes in mental health settings
- The role of the nurse in promoting recovery and resiliency in mental health patients through group interventions
- The effects of mindfulness-based interventions on stress and anxiety in mental health patients: A systematic literature review
- A comparative study of the role of nurses in applying different approaches to patient education in mental health settings
- The association between nurse-patient therapeutic alliance and patient outcomes in mental health settings
Nursing Dissertation & Theses
While the ideas we’ve presented above are a decent starting point for finding a nursing-related research topic, they are fairly generic and non-specific. So, it helps to look at actual dissertations and theses to see how this all comes together.
Below, we’ve included a selection of research projects from various nursing-related degree programs to help refine your thinking. These are actual dissertations and theses, written as part of Master’s and PhD-level programs, so they can provide some useful insight as to what a research topic looks like in practice.
- Nursing Workload and Interventions of Licensed Nurses in Nursing Homes: An Observational Time and Motion Study (Kang, 2021)
- Missed Nursing Care: Accounting for Education, Experience, and Job Satisfaction in Registered Nurses (Bechard, 2021)
- Examining Predictors of Attitudes and Knowledge of Registered Nurses and Nursing Students in Tennessee toward Pregnant and Perinatal Women with a Substance Use Disorder (Patrylo, 2021)
- A Program Evaluation of the Organizational Readiness for Pathway to Excellence at Two Community Hospitals (Behling, 2021)
- The Impact of Covid-19 Pandemic Policy Decisions on the Wellbeing of Nursing Home Residents in Missouri (White, 2022)
- Battling A Parallel Pandemic: An Evaluation of Sustainable System-Level Nursing Support in Response To COVID-19 (Gifford, 2022)
- Holistic Nursing Process Maps: a Tool for Student Nurses to Operationalize the Nursing Process to Increase Clinical Reasoning (Reyes, 2022)
- Satisfaction and Work-Life Balance in Undergraduate Nursing Faculty: A Mixed-Methods Study (Crawford, 2021)
- The Effect of Mindfulness Meditation on the Stress, Anxiety, Mindfulness, and Self-Compassion Levels of Nursing Students (Heinrich, 2022)
- Effectiveness of Simulation-Based Case Studies in Undergraduate Nursing Students (Becnel, 2022)
- A Telehealth Simulation Experiment: Exploring Prebriefing (Owen, 2022)
- Perceptions of Lateral Violence Among Vocational Nursing Students, Associate Degree Nursing Students, and Bachelor’s Degree Nursing Students (Martha, 2022)
- Nurse Educators’ Description of Ethics from a Disciplinary Perspective: A Qualitative Descriptive Research Study (Cuchetti, 2022)
- A Literature Review of the Relationship Between Oral Health and Pneumonia Risk in the Geriatric Nursing Home Population (Swift, 2021)
Looking at these titles, you can probably pick up that the research topics here are quite specific and narrowly-focused , compared to the generic ones presented earlier. This is an important thing to keep in mind as you develop your own research topic. That is to say, to create a top-notch research topic, you must be precise and target a specific context with specific variables of interest . In other words, you need to identify a clear, well-justified research gap.
Get 1-On-1 Help
If you’re still feeling a bit unsure about how to find a research topic for your nursing dissertation, thesis or research project, check out our private coaching services below.
You Might Also Like:
To learn from the GRAD Coach is a lofty goal for me. I am unable to express my gratitude for your teaching style. I need assistance with my thesis as a master’s in nursing candidate. Please assist me.
Submit a Comment Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- Print Friendly
- Practice Test
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical and Surgical Nursing
- Perioperative Nursing
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
- Maternal & Child Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Nursing Research
- Study Guide and Strategies
- Nursing Videos
- Work for Us!
- Nursing Notes
200+ Great Ideas of Nursing Research Topics to Get Started
Running out of topic ideas for your nursing research paper?
Stay on this page to find really cool and helpful lists of interesting research topics for your nursing dissertation or thesis.
What are Some Cool topics to Research?
Whenever students are asked to work on a research paper or present their thesis, the very first concern for them is choosing a unique, interesting, and research-worthy topic that makes their research significant and has enough future scope.
When it comes to finding a unique topic without working on something that’s already been done, most of the nursing and healthcare students struggle. A good research topic should be unique, relevant to current times, and have future scope as well. And you’ll find all three qualities in the topics mentioned below:
1. Primary Healthcare Nursing Research Topics
Primary healthcare refers to essential or basic health care service based on socially acceptable and scientifically sound methods and technology. Since it includes physical, social, emotional, and mental well-being, there are many topics for nursing scholars to explore:
- Strengthening primary healthcare system as the first line of referral system
- Introduction of home health nursing in the community set up
- Primary health care delivery system clinical pathways
- From home visits to home health care: strengthening primary health care delivery system
- Expanding the roles of community health nurses
- Millennial models of health care system
- Strengthening disease surveillance program in the community health set-up
- Home health care of debilitated patients
- Acceptance of evidence-based practice in the primary health care
- Strengthening continuity of care in the community / home health care post hospitalization
- Physical rehabilitation and occupational therapy in the community health care setting
2. Good Research Topics in Healthcare Management
Healthcare management is the management, administration, or oversight of healthcare systems, hospitals, public health systems, and other medical facilities. Since it comprises the overall management of all the work of the hospitals, it opens avenues for a lot of research work. Take, for example, the following:
- Evaluating who is responsible for failure in surgeries?
- Healthcare Contracts Limitations
- Medical Home Service
- Analysing nursing channels that nurses can use for becoming physicians?
- Gender Bias in Nursing Profession
- Starting Private Practice as a Nurse
- Medicare: Pros and Cons
- What are the most appropriate methods for increasing staff retention in a health care setting?
- Nursing Uniform Code Rules
- Role of nurses in enhancing a hospital quality improvement
- Legal Risks with Non-English Patients
- Medical Marijuana: Risk, Benefits, and Management Rules
- Shortage of Men in Healthcare
- Health tracking apps for continuity of care post discharge to home
- Telehealth: the impact of virtual care to urban and rural areas
- Strategic referral system to prevent tertiary hospital congestion
- Clinical pathways for referral system
- Drive-thru pharmacy
- Strenghtening the roles of social works and social workers in the health care team
- Case management approach in the healthcare delivery system
- Defining and application of Expected Length of Stay in patient management
- Impact of case managers in Expected Length of Stay and patient outcomes
- Redefining hospital cultures on bed rest versus mobilization
- Redefining hospital cultures on diet and food services
- Redefining hospital cultures on the assumption of the sick roles
- Strict implementation of Expected Length of Stay to prevent hospital congestion
- Roles of Case manager in the Clinical pathways
- Case Manager as a new nursing role an specialization
- Nurse navigator as a new form of nurse entrepreneurship
- Case management clinical pathway for smooth admission, patient flow and continuity of care after discharge
- Increase nursing specialization
- Internet savvy for healthcare providers
3. Nursing Research Topics about Pain Management
Pain management, in nursing, includes study of all the interventions nurses can make during their hospital hours – mainly to relieve a patient’s pain or ailments through medicinal interventions. Pain is complex, with many treatment options such as therapies, medicines, and also mind-body techniques. Nursing research scholars can research about the following topics:
- Pain management in children suffering from life-limiting illnesses: learning about the best practices
- Headache Treatment Protocol
- A closer look at hemophilia patient’s pain management
- Myofascial Pain Rehabilitation
- Labor and delivery: best practices for pain management
- Using Opioid for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Fetal pain perception: analysis by medical experts
- Innovative Injection Use
- Therapeutic Injections: Cons & Pros
- Cognitive hypnotherapy application: how effective are they in pain management?
- Evaluating the effectiveness of Benson’s relaxation therapy as a pain management practice.
- Post-discharge pain-management strategies: evaluating their effectiveness in a health care setting?
- Phantom Pains Phenomenon
- Pain management in cancer patients: best practices according to expert nurses
- Spinal cord nerve injury related to chronic constipation
- Mobile pain unit
4. Pediatric Nursing Research Topics
In Pediatric nursing, the nursing staff is responsible for medical care of the children and neonates, and adolescents – mainly in a day-clinic or the in-patient setting. Though the main role of child health nursing is administering procedures and medicines to all children as per their prescribed nursing care plans, the research scholars can write papers on the following topics:
- Speech Disorders Therapy
- ADHD Causes & treatment
- Prevalence of misdiagnosis in child health or paediatric ward
- Vaccination & Autism
- Systematic review of range of child health nursing services in UK
- Antibiotic Resistance in Preschool Children
- Mental and Emotional health of children under 10
- Eating Disorders in Children
- Social Media Impact on Teenagers
- Seizures Causes in Infants
- Teething issues in children under 10
- Psychological Aspects of Infant Care
- Use of social media platforms in preparation and prevention of hospital phobia among pediatric groups
- Family engagement in the pediatric care by using hospital information system
- Safety and efficacy of telehealth for pediatric patients
What are the Current issues in Nursing?
Nursing is a high-pressure job. It demands patience, determination, and perseverance. As a high-pressure job, it gets quite challenging and leads to issues from time to time. Some of the examples being staff shortages, long working hours, workplace hazards, personal health, and workplace violence. All of these can be addressed in nursing research papers:
- Analysis of the registered nurse workforce and the relationship to work environments
- Transforming loss: A developing concept for nursing
- Nursing Staff Shortages
- Nursing Practitioners
- Meeting Patient Expectations: A challenge for nurses
- Biggest obstacles nurses face in their education and maintaining career alongside
- Workplace Violence and Hazards Nurses face
- Diversity in Healthcare
- Importance of Community Nursing
- Future of Nursing in the Digital Age
- What measure can a nurse take for helping a person with their eating disorder?
- Clinical Nurse Roles
- How can nurses help in treating patients who already know they don’t have a survival rate?
- Ethics and Homeless People Treatment
- Critical Care Nursing Management
- A nurse’s role in helping and assisting patients with chronic diseases?
- Nursing Theorists Works
- Remote Intensive Care Unit
- Stress Management Practice for Nurses Working in Night Shifts
- Between Career & Professional Service
- Preceptorship and training after distant education program and online learning
- Centralized infectious disease surveillance
- Centralized reporting of chronic diseases
- Patient become more educated: the pros and cons of social media
- Fake news and misinformation on health related issue with the rise of social media platforms
- BPO and call centers for medical procedures booking and admission to decongest emergency room
- Application of BPO in the quality assurance monitoring in documentation
What are Some of the Research Topic Ideas in Surgical Nursing?
- Moral distress among nurses in Surgical units
- Patient’s satisfaction and experience about care provided by nurses in the surgical units
- Organizational effects on patient satisfaction in surgical units
- Medical-Surgical nurses and their perceived leadership abilities as responders in patient deterioration events
- Role of Nurses in Surgical Wards
- Medical-surgical nursing: Critical thinking in client care
- Pain assessment and management in surgical nursing
- Understanding technology in contemporary surgical nursing
- Understanding Medical surgical nursing as an integrated approach
- Standardising fast-track surgical nursing care
- Mobilization team for the fast recovery of post-operative patients
- Use of telehealth for pre-operative preparations and elective surgical admissions to lessen hospital length of stay among surgical patients
- Continuity of care post surgery in the community health care
What have been some of the more important nursing research questions discussed in nursing class?
If you are here to find more important topics for your nursing dissertations, then scroll through this section for topics that are often discussed in nursing classes. Nursing research articles and topics change over time. However, we find these relevant to current times and challenges in healthcare:
1. Research topic ideas for Midwifery Nursing
Nurse-midwife, as a licensed healthcare professional, specialises in child birth and also women’s reproductive health. Apart from attending pregnant women during childbirth, they are responsible for several roles during emergencies, and pre and postnatal care. Hence, opening avenues for research topics such as:
- Role of nurses in improving patient safety during childbirth: Evidence from obstetric trauma
- Evaluate the impact of delayed umbilical cord clamping after child birth
- Maternal & Neonatal Practices in Rural Areas
- Emerging trends in obstetrical and midwifery nursing
- First Antenatal Appointment Analysis
- Limiting interventions during a low-risk labour
- Mental Illness & Post-natal Period
- Analysing the role of prenatal care in pregnant women
- Shift Study Midwives & Length
- Evaluating impact of AIDS and Hepatitis B in the pregnant women
- Self-Instruction Kits & Natal Safety
- Studying advanced trends in obstetrics and gynaecology
- Midwifery Continued Care
- Evaluating pros and cons of labouring in water
- Gestational Weight Gain Challenges
- Vitamin D’s role as a supplement during pregnancy
- Studying clinical reasoning integration into midwifery practice
- Obese Pregnant Women Safety Rules
- A decade after BEmONC and CEmONC
2. Health Promotion Research Topics
Health promotion mainly comes from behavioral social science which draws from the environmental, biological, psychological, medical, and physical sciences for promoting health and preventing diseases. For health promotion, the research topics include the following:
- Healthcare Dangers of Digital Age
- Benefits and Shortages of Telemedicine
- Healthy living and Preventive medicine for Senior Citizens
- Role of School Nurses
- Obstacles for Smoking cessation
- Healthy Eating & Sports
- Causes of Youth Inactivity
- Roles of Parents for Healthy Lifestyle of Children
- Obesity and Mental Stability
- Pharmacist Responsibility
- Social Media and Educational Strategies
- HealthBank as new form of medical insurance inside the hospital organization
- Collaboration of private health insurance company with public and private hospitals
3. Adult Research Topics for Nursing Students
As a nursing scholar, you can also write research papers on adult healthcare, disease prevention, and management. Take, for example, reasons behind anxiety disorders in adults. Find more topics in the list below:
- Nurses’ experiences with urinary catheter insertion: A qualitative focus group study
- Clinical Cardiology Innovations
- CV Imaging Process
- Migraine Case Example
- Bipolar Disorder Non-Chemical Practices
- Mental Health & Psychiatric Care in Adults
- Online nursing education program
- Self care in Nursing
- Home health care for longterm vented patients
- Clinical Instructor, Preceptorship, Educator and Professor as specialized field requiring licensure
- Specialization program in nursing education
4. Geriatric Care Nursing Journal Topics
Nurses working in Geriatric care and management are responsible for coordinating and planning care of the elderly people dealing with mental or physical disabilities. Some of the research work topic ideas for geriatric care include the following:
- Cerebrovascular Disease and Stroke in Elderly people
- Pain in elderly people: Assessment and Management
- Joint Disorders Study in Elderly Population
- Rapid Nutritional assessment in Elderly
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Bladder Cancer Therapy
- Atrial Fibrillation Study
- Critical Care Requirements
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
- Geriatrics Ethics
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Parkinson’s Disease Precautions
- Geriatric care clinical pathways of care: holistic approach
What are the recent nursing research paper topics?
If you’re facing the challenge of choosing a recent nursing research topic, we’ve got your back. Many nurses, including experienced and freshers, are faced with this challenge at some point. But there’s no need to panic. So, without further ado, let’s jump-start the list of most recent research topics for nursing students:
1. Women’s Health Nursing Research Topics
Research topics related to women’s health are always trending, relevant, and have future scope as well. Hence, these topics are still worth exploring and researching:
- Culture affects women’s health
- Substance Abuse and Addiction in Women
- Menopause Challenges
- Infertility Ethical Rules
- Ovarian Cancer and Ovarian Disorder Analysis
- Modern Neonatal Practices
- Pregnancy Prevention Measures
- Sepsis after labour
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Cystic Fibroids
- Sleep Disorders in Women
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Women’s Sexual Health Disorders
- HPV and Cervical Cancer
- Vaginal Atrophy Causes
- Sleep disturbances in Women
2. Mental Health Nursing Research Articles Topics
Research papers focusing on mental health are still one of the most read and referred papers. And there’s still more scope for research on topics such as:
- Evaluating the concept of Integrated Mental and Physical Health Care
- Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health
- Possible skills required for Nurses in Mental health care setting
- Assessing the mental health of nurses
- Depression Causes
- Schizophrenia Diagnostics
- Alcohol Addiction Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Studying the impact of PTSD in the Army Veterans
- Impact of Video Games on Teenage Aggression
- Stress Among Police Officers
- Psychiatric Patient Ethics
- Forbidden Substances: Prevention and Use
- Bioterrorism Medicine
- Physical Traumas & Recovery Methods
- Application of Nursing Case Management in Psychiatry
Nursing leaders have called for research focusing on which of the following topics?
If you’d like to take an expert’s opinion before choosing a topic for your nursing dissertation, this section will be helpful. Our list of best nursing research topics doesn’t end here. We’ve got here more interesting topics that are recommended by nursing leaders and experts. Take a look at some more relevant topics:
- Preterm Labor Dangers
- Labor and Delivery Management Practices
- Saving Mother & Child Challenges
- Abortion Care Ethical Side
- Adolescent Gynecology Education
- Antenatal Care Recommendations
- Hypertensive Disorders Causes
- Newborn Resuscitation Rules
- Caesarean Section Preparation
- Delivery Room Behavior Checklist
- Nurses play vital roles in healthcare. Why are they invisible in the media?
- Increasing nursing research capacity: The roles of nurse scientists within healthcare systems
- Microeconomics and macroeconomics for sources of hospital funds
- Diverting patients and funds to economical services
- Culture vs evidence based practice
- Social media influencer in health education dissemination
- Acceptance of evidence based practice in the hospital
- Impact of socio-cultural nursing to evidence-based practice
- Hindrances in the implementation of evidence-based practice
- Nursing faculty shortage and brain-drain
- Online continuing professional education and development
Academic Writing Service: Work Directly With the Experts
The are list of best nursing research paper topics ends here. However, we still have something helpful for you. Writing a dissertation or a nursing paper is time consuming – needless to mention the mental exertion. That explains why the majority of students prefer seeking research writing help.
Take, for example, apessay.com , a place where you can get in touch with registered experts who have successfully passed their competency examinations to provide academic writing service at an affordable rate. The three USPs include plagiarism free content, complete privacy and security standards to protect your personal info, and money-back guarantee.
What makes apessay.com academic writing service unique is you can work in direct cooperation with your preferred writer and consult them for everything – from choosing a relevant topic to revisions for final submission.
Feel free to get professional help from nursing research paper writing service which will take care of your nursing papers online.
Nursing research topics for a dissertation or thesis should not be difficult to find through the ideas suggestion above. Just make sure that you provide a twist (segment or expand the topic, perhaps) and come up with a unique topic for your paper.
During the initial stages of finalising a nursing research topic, you can struggle with a lot of choices or overwhelming information. However, when you start to consider a research topic’s limitations and scope, and outline your topic into a question, you’ll be able to get a better understanding of the topic you can manage in terms of workload.
We hope these nursing research topics mentioned above help you find that unique thesis statement or idea you’re looking for. In case you’re still having a tough time making a choice, leave us a comment or drop a mail, and we will direct you to better resources.
RELATED ARTICLES MORE FROM AUTHOR
Evidence-based practice in nursing: beyond the scientific proof of care, nursing research definition: the importance and nurses roles.
It’s was very helpful for me
Disparities in enumeration of staff nurses in developing countries are not researched on.
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
We now accept . Special offer for new customers: 5% OFF your first order!
We now accept . 5% OFF your first order!
- College Essay
- Custom Writing
- Paper Writing
- Pay For Essay
- Do My Homework
- Research Paper
- Pay For Homework
- Write My Paper
- Academic Writing
- Citation Guides
- Students and Colleges Tips
- Article Writing Examples
- Essay Writing
- Topics Ideas
- "How to" Guides
- How it works
The Top Ideas of Nursing Research Topics for Your College Project
Navigation of contents
When students need to complete a research project, topic selection is one of the most important issues. Choosing the most winning topic is art. You need to come up with an interesting and original subject. Besides, it must keep the interest of society and be a research-worth in general. Once you know what topic to discover, you can start your work. With a proper subject, your research results will remain significant.
To select the most suitable problem to discover and learn the latest trends in your sphere of science. Your topic must be original and interesting for the audience. A topic selection can be a real challenge often. Thus, you may need some help with your search. You can ask your friends or family for assistance.
Still, it is better to reach some professionals for advice. You can check lots of online resources for inspirational ideas. We offer a set of interesting and currently important nursing research topics. Moreover, the mentioned topics’ research can be very important for future research as well. Be ready to check the lists of offered topics to use for your nursing or healthcare project.
Primary Healthcare Nursing Research Topics
The basic topics on primary healthcare and nursing include the main problems students can research. They are mostly related to social acceptance and the methodology in healthcare. The wide range of topics includes social, emotional, and mental issues.
- The primary healthcare system improvement: referral system key features;
- The distinguishing features of home health care: delivery system improvement;
- Definition and explanation of the role of community nurses;
- The requested changes in the healthcare system;
- The community health care – the disease surveillance principles;
- The aspects of effective help for debilitated patients;
- The primary health care principles in the modern era;
- The basic concepts of occupation therapy and physical rehabilitation.
Great Research Topics in Healthcare Supervision
Once dealing with healthcare management topics, you should research issues related to healthcare systems, medical facilities, administrations, etc. These topics cover a wide variety of public health issues as well. There are lots of issues that should be researched by writers.
- The role of medical personnel in failed surgeries
- The limitations of healthcare contracts
- The basics aspects of medical home service
- The best opportunities for nurses to become physicians
- Nursing profession – gender preconception
- The possibilities of starting private nurse practice
- The advantages and disadvantages of Medicare
- The proper uniform code for nurses
- Problems and risks with non-English patients
- The benefits and risks of using medical marijuana
- Lack of men in the nursing sphere
- The advanced tracking apps in healthcare
- The advantages and risks of Telehealth in different areas
- The basic aspects of the referral system
- The clinical pathway in the development of a referral system
- The advantages of drive-thru pharmacy
- The health care system supervising issues
- The role of social workers in the healthcare system
- The best approaches to manage the healthcare system
- The basic ideas of Expected Length of Stay management
- The modern vision of hospital culture
- The innovative ideas of hospital care improvement
- The clinical pathway and the manager’s role
- The main duties of case managers
- The new forms of private nurse enterprise
- The increase in nursing specialization
- Internet practicality for healthcare providers
Nursing Research Topics about Pain Management
Pain management in nursing is a sphere that covers nurse’s activities and interventions during hospital hours. In your research papers, you may need to reveal the basic concepts of pain management. It includes pain or ailments for patients, medical interventions, and other familiar issues. Students also discover the most effective ways of pain management and treatment options.
- The best practices of pain management in children who suffer life-limiting illnesses
- The required treatment protocol details
- The best pain management for hemophilia patients
- The myofascial pain rehabilitation for patients
- The best pain management practices for women in labor
- The rheumatoid arthritis treatment with opioids
- The analysis of fetal pain perception
- The innovative injection practices
- The advantages and disadvantages of therapeutic injections
- The pain management effectiveness – cognitive hypnotherapy app
- The analysis and evaluation of Benson’s relaxation therapy’s effectiveness
- The best pain management practices for post-discharge treatment
- The phenomenon and treatment of phantom pain
- The cancer patients’ pain management – nurse’s role
- The treatment of the injury of spinal cord nerve
- The top features of mobile pain unit
Pediatric Nurse Research Topics
Pediatric nursing is an important sphere of nursing since it brings lots of responsibilities. Mostly, pediatric nurses care for neonates, children, and adolescents. Thus, they deal with child health care mostly and manage the best days of child care.
- The effective therapy of speech disorders
- The treatment and main causes of ADHD
- The influence of vaccination on children
- The children health nursing services in the USA
- The antibiotic resistance in children and its consequences
- The best management of mental health problems in children
- The effective treatment of eating disorders in children
- The negative influence of social media on teens
- The treatment of seizures causes in infants
- The infant care physiological aspects
- The efficiency of Telehealth for pediatric patients
The Most Important Up-To-Date Issues in Nursing
Nursing is an extremely complicated job. It usually requires lots of nerves and energy. Nurses should be extremely patient and determined. Since the job is high-pressured, lots of activities are very challenging. Many medical facilities face a problem of a lack of medical personnel. Therefore, there are many familiar issues you can discover in your research paper.
- Analysis of the optimal work environments
- A transforming issue for nurses
- The lack of nursing personnel
- The nursing practitioner’s role
- The best nurse approaches in dealing with patients
- The violence in the workplace and its solutions
- Diversity in Healthcare
- The significance of community nursing
- The innovations in nursing in the digital era
- The role of clinical nurse
- The best approach to treat patients with a low survival rate
- The ethnics in homeless people’s treatment
- The critical care aspects for nurses
- The nurse’s role in helping people with chronic illnesses
- The famous works of nursing theorists
- The characteristics and purpose of remote intensive care unit
- The stress-reducing practices for night shift nurses
- The career development of nurses
- The post online learning training for nurses
- The surveillance of basic centralized infections
- The chronic diseases treatment
- The advantages and disadvantages of social media in learning more about diseases
- Misinformation on healthcare-related issues in social media
- The role of medical call centers
- The assurance documents proper monitoring
H3: Research Nursing Topics in Surging Nursing
- The surgical unit’s work principles and rules
- The role of a nurse in a surgical unit
- Constant moral distress among surgical unit’s nurses
- The care guarantees for patients by nurses in surgical units
- The assurance of patient satisfaction in surgical units
- The required abilities of medical-surgical nurses
- The surgical ward nurse’s role
- The latest technology understanding in surgical nursing
- The best approach to medical surgical nursing
- The up-to-date fast-track surgical nurse assistance
- The recovery of post-operative patients manages by mobilization teams
- Telehealth use for pre-operating arrangements
- The reduction of the post-surgery period
The Most Important Issues for Research Work in Nursing
Many current issues require profound research in the nursing and healthcare sphere. Lots of these topics can be researched by students who prepare term papers, theses, and dissertations.
Research Topics in Midwifery Nursing
Nurse-midwives are licensed specialists who deal with complex healthcare issues like childbirth. Also, they take care of women’s reproductive health. They do not simply deal with pregnant women. They have a huge role in the childbirth process, pre, and postnatal care. Thus, there are many research topics for papers about midwifery nursing.
- The improvement of patient’s safety by nurses during childbirth
- The issue of delayed cord clamping and its solutions
- The popular maternal practices in rural areas
- The innovative trends in midwifery nursing
- The analysis of the first antenatal appointment
- The low-risk labor interventions
- The improvement of the postnatal period
- The importance of prenatal care these days
- The optimal length of shifts for midwifery nurses
- The effect and treatment of Hepatitis B and AIDS in pregnant women
- The natal safety issue
- The advanced trends in gynecology
- The advantages and disadvantages of giving birth in water
- The problems of gaining a gestational weight
- The importance of Vitamin D during a pregnancy
- The clinical reasoning in midwifery nursing
- The safety rules for pregnant women
Health Promotion Research Topics
Health promotion can be an important issue for research for students who study behavioral, social science. There are many aspects of the familiar study, including medical, biological, environmental, and physical.
- The main healthcare problems of the modern ear
- The benefits and risks of telemedicine
- The best way to keep a healthy lifestyle
- The preventive medicine for citizen over 60
- The main role of school nurses
- The influence of smoking on people
- The educational strategies and a healthy lifestyle
- The basis causes of youth inactivity
- The best tactics of health improvement with healthy eating
- The best ways to improve health with sports
- The responsibilities of pharmacists
- The health insurance advanced option – HealthBank
- The private insurance companies and public hospitals
Adult Research Topics for Nursing Students
There are many other research topics you may need to investigate in your paper. It includes adult healthcare and disease prevention. Many problems adults face can be extremely important for an entire society—for example, various adult disorders.
- The best approach to deal with urinary catheter insertion
- The innovations in clinical cardiology
- The process of CV imaging
- The treatment of migraine
- The bipolar disorder treatment with non-chemicals
- Effective psychiatric care in adults
- The nursing educational programs available online
- The benefits and risks of home health care
- The most needed specializations – clinical instructor and educator
- The nursing education specialization programs
Geriatric Care and Management Topics
Students can research many issues in geriatric care and management. The coordination and planning of elderly people’s care are included in geriatric care. Also, it covers the mental problems and physical disabilities of elders.
- The pain management in elderly people
- The most widespread disorders in elderly people
- The treatment of Alzheimer’s disease in an elderly population
- The therapy of bladder cancer
- The requirements for critical care
- Geriatrics ethics details
- The treatment of restless legs syndrome
- The precautions of Parkinson’s disease
- The holistic approach of geriatric care
If you have problems with the selection of proper topics for your research papers, you can check the most recent issues to research in your academic paper. It often takes time to prepare decent content. Still, it is even more important to take time to come up with interesting and original ideas for your research work. There are lots of challenging topics for students who study nursing. Learn the recent and the most fitting topics for your research.
Women’s Health Nursing Research Topics
Many research topics related to women’s health always remain on-time and important. These topics can be investigated by writers who perform their projects in nursing.
- The challenges of menopause
- The modern culture effect over women’s health
- The most common addictions in women
- The substance abuses in women
- The ethical rules of infertility cases
- The analysis of ovarian disorder and ovarian cancer
- The most effective measures of pregnancy prevention
- The most recent neonatal practices
- The treatment of sepsis after labor
- The treatment of cystic fibroids
- Sleep disorders in young women
- The sexual disorders of women
- The treatment of cervical cancer and HPV
Nursing Research Topics on Mental Health
Students often pay attention to research topics related to mental health. They tend to research the familiar issue, even if it is quite difficult to explain and study.
- The integrated mental and physical health issue
- The recent challenges of mental health nursing
- The top list of skills required for nurses in mental health care
- The education of nurses in mental health care
- The diagnostics of schizophrenia
- The treatment of depression causes
- The treatment of alcohol addiction disorders
- The management of bipolar disorder in adults
- The therapy of PTSD in army veterans
- The negative impact of violent video games on teenagers
- The reduction of stress on working place
- The ethics of psychiatric facilities personnel
- The recovery after physical traumas
- The nursing case management in psychiatric facilities
If you want to know what nursing topics are recommended by experts, check the following section. You will find a list of the most fitting and timely nursing research topics. There are many important issues you can choose to investigate. Moreover, you can simply use the ideas outlined to come up with your nursing research topic. Check the following list of nursing research topics recommended by experts in the health care sphere.
- The main risks and dangers of preterm labor
- The basic practices of labor and delivery management
- The challenges to save mother and child
- The ethical side of abortion care
- Gynecology education for adolescents
- The recommendations for antenatal care
- The rules of newborn resuscitation
- The preparation for the Caesarean section
- The proper behavior at the delivery room
- The importance of nurses in healthcare
- The role of nurse scientists in healthcare system development
- The main sources of hospital funds
- The economic services for patients
- The health education and role of social media
- The evidence-based practice in the hospital
- The evidence-based practice and its social impact
- The shortage of current nursing faculty
- The professional online education for nurses
You can learn more nursing research paper topics to use for your research topic’s construction. Writing any assignment in nursing can be very complicated. There are not many special sources to collect your information from.
Still, this only works as the reason to engage in more writing work on nursing-related topics. The materials on nursing are very important for everyone these days. If you want to get an excellent topic for your paper and expert assistance with your nursing research paper, you can always reach for help online.
Many nursing research topics for theses and dissertations are often quite difficult for students. They can lack the ideas required for a decent nursing research document. You should always come up with an interesting, timely, and important topic for your research paper. Besides, the final paper must be original and flawless. The proper structure and format are obligatory.
When you write your research paper, you should always consider choosing the most significant subject to investigate. You can use the lists of nursing research topics to present your paper’s subject. Feel free to use our recommendations and examples of great nursing research paper topics.
Incorrect Name, please try again
Incorrect Email, please try again
I’m not interested in saving my money
We`ve sent our special offer to your email Use It Now
Nursing Research Paper Topics for Students
Updated Aug 2021 If you picked nursing as your major, you are probably aware of how challenging and demanding nursing studies are. While many students are excited to finish their studies and start working in prestigious hospitals and practices, they face some common challenges. The most common one is staying on top of practical assignments and writing tasks.
Since practical assignments are highly demanding, many students fall behind with their writing tasks. Nursing research papers appear to be most challenging. Yes, doing the actual research and writing while taking care of structuring, formatting, and citations is hard. However, students also often struggle with finding the right nursing research topic.
Sometimes, even spending hours combing through journals and online publications is not enough to develop a good nursing research topic. To help you out, here at Study Clerk, we offer you the list of nursing research topics.
What is a Nursing Research Paper?
A nursing research paper is focused on a nursing-relevant topic. The topics of nursing research papers are similar to medical research topics . Still, they tackle the topics from a nursing standpoint: child, midwifery, elderly care, and primary healthcare nursing.
Whether you decide to research and report on an original topic or provide a systematic review of published research, you must adhere to the highest academic standards. When you complete it, your nursing research paper needs to be ready for publishing. It simply means that it has to:
- Contain all the important components;
- Be properly formatted and structured;
- Format citations according to the requirements.
Here are the components of the nursing research paper:
- Title page – title explaining the study design, full names of authors, and name of the corresponding author if any;
- Abstract – 350 words long summary of research paper containing background, methods, results, conclusions, keywords;
- Introduction – the section explaining the background of the study. It should contain a summary of the existing research and literature. When writing an introduction for a research paper , your should make sure that readers can clearly see why is the research important;
- Methods – the section outlining the aim and design of the study and description of all research methods used during research. It should also highlight the characteristics of the research participants;
- Results – the section outlines the findings, results of statistical analysis, tables, and charts;
- Discussion – the section discussing the implications of the result in the context of available research. It often contains the limitations of the study;
- Conclusions – the section stating the main conclusion and the relevance and importance of the research.
How to Choose a Good Topic for Nursing Research?
To write a well-informed and relevant nursing research paper, you need to choose a proper topic. How do you choose a good one, though? There are several guidelines to follow. If your assignment outlines the guidelines on topic selection, make sure to review them. The most important thing to do is to choose a topic that you personally find interesting. Why?
Because when you are engaged with a topic, the research is a breeze, and you will be motivated to dig deep, make notes, and find all relevant existing literature. You also need to ensure that your topic isn’t too broad or too narrow.
A too broad topic will cause you to lose focus and have to go through too much literature. A narrow one, on the other hand, may prove too hard to work on because of the limited access to the literature.
Finally, try to define your selection of the topic as questions. It will help you better understand it and decide whether it’s an interesting question.
List of Research Topics for Nursing Students
Below is the list of good and easy examples with the most popular ideas you might come across when writing research papers.
- Assistance in Elderly Care Unit
- How to Enhance the Quality of Aid Care in Rural Environment
- Risk Management
- Assessment Development Tools
- Emergency Aid Techniques
- Treatment of acute stroke: Role of Nurse during the Care
- Practices during End of Life Care
- Occupational Therapy for Nurses
- PTSD and OT
- Pharmacological Math Computation Skills
Pediatric Nursing Research Topics
Pediatric assistance includes all-around care delivered to children, so one should be well-versed with the techniques, theories, and practices when working with a child.
- Why Nurses Should Know ABout the Confort Theory
- Children’s Expectation from Pediatric Nurse
- Pain Management for Pediatric Nurses
- Burnout and Job Satisfaction: A Pediatric Nurse Case
- Hospitalized Children: Best Practices for Pain Management
- Verbal Abuse in Pediatric Practices
- Pediatric Aid Essentials
- Nursing Research in the US: An Overview
- Heroes of Pediatric Assistance
- Pediatric Unit at the Middle School
Adult Nursing Research Topics
This field has its own peculiarities the young practitioner should know about beforehand to prevent the negative consequences from occurring.
- Adult Cancer Priorities
- Nursing in the 20th and 21st centuries: New Approaches
- Adult Surgical Assistance Practices
- Adult Research Knowledge Utilization Among Nurses
- Adult Critical Care: Why Nurse Matters
- Moral Judgement in Nursing Dilemmas
- Spirituality in Nursing
- Priorities for Adult Intensive Care
- Gender Ambiguities in Nursing Practices
- Retention Strategies for Adult Care Nurses
Evidence-Based Practice Nursing Research Topics
If EBP sounds too complicated at first glance, but you still don’t want to pay to write research paper , here are a few topics to help you with your papers.
- Rating Systems in Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
- Educating for EBP
- Misconceptions the Nurses Have About Evidence-Based Practices
- Development of EBP Nursing
- EBP and Leadership
- Challenges for New Nurses Concerning EBP
- Promotion of Quality Care and EBP
- EBP Manual for Nurses
- EBP for Primary Care
Quantitative and Qualitative Research Topics
Below are examples of quantitative and qualitative research methods for one to learn how to apply them during one’s career.
- The Quantitative and Qualitative Study of Assisting the Patient with Acute Psychosis
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research Method
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research: Myths and Facts About Generalization
- Quantitative, Qualitative, Mixed: Best Research Method for Nursing
- Why Quantitative Research is Never Enough
- Qualitative Research and Sampling
- How to Analyze the Data for Qualitative Research
- Mixed Methods for Mental Health Assistance
- Quantitative and Qualitative Study of Mother Satisfaction with Postpartum Nursing Care
- Faults of Qualitative Research for Pediatric Nursing
Critical Care Nursing Research Topics
From stress management in nurses to practical technics and strategies applicable to adult and child care, knowledge of critical care nursing (CCN) is essential.
- Gray Gorrila Syndrome
- Critical Care Stress and Its Management
- Experience of Grief in a Critical Care Units
- Nursing Decision Making in Critical Care
- Technologies in CCN
- Post-Surgery CCN of Kids
- SImulator Training for New Nurses in the Critical Care Unit
- Patient Safety Among Critical Care Nurses
- LGBTQ Patients and CCN
- Organ Donation and CCN
Pain Management Nursing Research Topics
The pain management is one of the core medical skills a nurse should master before start working with patients. These topics are dedicated to this concept.
- Attitudes and Beliefs in Pain Assessment
- What Can a Failure to Provide an Efficient Pain Management Lead to?
- Nurse’s Pain Assessment during Surgery
- Medicated or Non-Medicated: Post-Surgery Pain Management
- Pain Management in Elderly Patients
- Chronic Pain and Its Effective Management
- Pain Management for Cancer Survivors
- Pain Assessment for Kids Post-Operational Treatment
- Practices of Pain Management in the Pediatric Department
- Medication trends in Pain Management the Nurses Should Know
Emergency Nursing Research Topics
Medical assistance in emergency situations demands a lot of responsibility from a person in care, and that’s why there are a lot of related things a nurse should know before going on duty.
- Intuition for Emergency Aid Personnel: Case Study
- Anxiety Level in Assistance Personnel in ER
- Violence Towards Nursing Personnel in ER
- Accuracy in Emergency Nurses When Assessing the Patients’ Pain: Techniques
- EN Interventions After Abdominal Surgery in Women
- Emergency Department Patients Flow: How Nurses Can Make It More Efficient
- Patients’ Assault towards Emergency Nurses
- Pediatric ER: Role of Nurse in the Unit
- How to Reduce Stress in Emergency Nurses and prevent Burnout
- The Future of Emergency Room Assistance
Obstetrics Nursing Research Topics
Let’s be fair: the quality of care delivered at Ob-Gyn cabinets is pretty much the quality of our survival as species. That’s why it’s paramount for every nurse to be as professional and skilled as they can be.
- The Role of Gender Among Obstetric Nurses: A Case Study
- Hi-Fi Simulation Training for Obstetric Nursing
- EBP during Obstetric Care
- Social Factors That Affect Obstetrics
- Qualities Every Obstetric Nurse SHould Have to Be Successful
- Principles for Ob-Gyn Nurses
- How to Deal With Patient’s Abuse towards Nurses in Obstetrics Unit
- Rural and Urban Obstetrics Nursing: Case Study
- Obstetrics Assistance in Cabinets Around the World: Practices
- Depressive Symptoms in Women and the Role of Obstetrics Nurse in Managing Them
Neonatal Nursing Research Topics
- Inhibiting Interactions of Nurses with Young Mothers
- Neonatal Palliative Care
- Neonatal Intensive Care: Technologies
- Barriers in Neonatal Care: What a Young Practitioner Should Know
- Vulnerability during Neonatal Nursing
- Pain Management in Neonatal Units
- Nursing Intervention to Foster Becoming a Mother
- Adapting the Neonatal Unit to Decrease Noise
- Parents Visiting Management in Neonatal Units: Nurse Perspective
- Neonatal Hypothermia: Mapping the Nursing Intervention
Mental Health Nursing Research Topics
It is a very responsible mission to assist patients with a mental disorder. This is why you have to learn about the peculiarities of it at your medical school. You also might need the help of a nursing paper writing service to do well.
- Patients in Military Hospitals: Mental Health Therapy
- Mental Health: Factors to Define a Successful Collaboration between Nurses, Patients, Relatives
- Emotional Labor in Mental Health Units
- Transcultural Mental Practices
- History of Mental Health Medical Assistance
- Acute Patients in Mental Asylums: Methods for Nurses
- Mental Health Education: A Nurse’s Perspective of What It Lacks
- Social Control in the Mental Health Department: A Nurse’s Perspective
- Mental Health and Physical Well-Being: A Correlation
- Child Mental Health Practices
Women's Health Nursing Research Topics
Women’s care has a lot of factors that influence its success and it’s a new professional’s duty to know about them.
- Women’s Health Issues Across the Lifespan
- Cultural Differences in Women’s Health Medical Assistance
- Maternity and Women’s Health Nursing: Practices to Avoid
- Postpartum Stress and Women’s Health Nursing
- Women’s Health among Immigrants
- Impact of Health Literacy on Women’s Health: What a Nurse Can Do
- Women’s Mental Health Aid: A Qualitative Study
- Moral Responsibility in the Women’s Health Medical Assistance
- An American Model of Women’s Health Medical Assistance
- Women’s Health Nursing: A Feminist Perspective
Ethics Paper Topics
There is a line between what is ethically wrong or right, and a professional nurse knows it.
- The Importance of Ethics
- What is Unethical: A Nurse Perspective
- A Guide to Ethical Decision Making in Intensive Care Unit
- Who is an Ethical Nurse?
- Ethical Issues in Nursing of Elderly Patient with Mental Disease
- Code of Ethics for Nurses at ER
- Cross-Cultural Ethics
- Holistic Ethical Care Practices
- End of Life Nursing Ethics: A Case Study
- Moral Distress in Everyday Medical Care: An Ethical Approach
Nursing Intervention Research Topics
Nursing intervention (NI) practices are an important part of any medical school program. That’s why if you aren’t willing to pay for medical research paper on the topic, here you have a list of problems to research yourself.
- NI for Patients after Cardiac Arrest
- Abdominal Surgery and NI
- Music Playing as NI: When It Makes Sense
- NI and Family-Centered Care
- Foot Massage as NI for Patients with Cancer
- NI for Patients with Diagnosed Cancer
- Animal-Assisted NI for Pediatric Care
- Pre-Surgical NI to Reduce Anxiety
- NI Art Therapy: Adult Care Approach
- How to Design an Effective NI for ER
Nursing Leadership Paper Topics
- Leadership Styles
- Leadership Within ER Management
- Nursing Leadership: How to Become a Leader
- Leadership Roles and Priorities at Pediatric Unit
- Ways to Leadership in Rural practices
- Leadership and Patient Outcomes: a Correlation Study
- Nursing Education for Leadership Roles
- Clinical Leadership Among Nurses
- Evolution of Nursing Leadership
- Why Leadership Matters: Patients Perspective
Nurse Practitioner Research Topics
- Trial of Nurse Practitioner
- Primary Care for Nurse Practitioners
- Studies of Nurse Practitioner Effectiveness
- Evaluating the Nurse Practitioner Role in a Community Health Center
- A Guide to Become an Effective Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Practitioner in Generic Practice
- How to Assess Patients Satisfaction: To-Do List for a New Nurse Practitioner
- A Private Clinic Nurse Practitioner Role: Administrating vs Assisting
- Nurse Practitioner Transition of Roles: Switching Units
- Nurse Practitioner Management
Psychiatric Research Topics
- Psychiatric Care Plans for Nurses
- Psychiatric Theory in Practice: What Doesn’t Work for Nurses
- Psychiatric Nursing Contemporary Practices
- Cultural Ethics Competence in Psychiatric
- Occupational Therapy in Psychiatric Medical Assistance
- Working with Young Patients: Psychiatric Unit
- Stigmatization of Nurses in Psychiatric Practice
- Qualities for a Psychiatric Nurse
- Psychiatric Nursing Skills to Keep the Unit Safe
- Fostering a Social Dialogue: a Psychiatric Nurse Perspective
Child Nursing Research Topics
Caring for children is one of the most specific fields of medicine. Children are just like regular people, only smaller and incapable of telling what seems to be the issue – making the treatment that much more difficult.
Child nursing is a broad topic, and writing research papers on it can be done in various ways to explore an abundance of topics. Here are some of the most interesting topics that we’ve come up with for child nursing.
- The Main Causes of Seizures in Children
- The Ethics in Pediatric Care
- Healthy Diet and Child Obesity
- The Impact of Social Media on Eating Habits in Children
- Exploring the Speech Disorder Therapy
- The Most Efficient Newborn Resuscitation Practices
- Demands of the Children Critical Care
- Malnutrition in Children: The Most Effective Treatment Strategies
- The Main Causes of Child Mortality in the “Country Name”
- ADHD in Children: Causes and Emerging Treatments
Midwifery Nursing Research Paper Topics
Midwives are the medical specialists that don’t get nearly enough attention. Being a midwife is a fantastic career choice, and as long as babies are being born, midwives will be needed. As a midwife or a midwife-to-be, there are plenty of things that you can learn to improve the level of care that you provide.
If you’re writing a research paper, however, things might seem a bit complex, but don’t worry, here are ten midwifery nursing research paper topics that you can use for your next examination.
- The Most Important Safety Rules of Obese Pregnant Women
- The Methods to Evaluate the Impact of Delayed Umbilical Cord Clamping
- The Emerging Trends in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Why is Vitamin D Important Supplement During Pregnancy
- Mental Health and Postnatal Period
- How to Improve Neonatal and Maternal Practices in Rural Areas
- The Most Common Challenges of Gestational Weight Gain
- The Common Risks Associated With Laboring in Water and How to Prevent Them
- The Impact of Hepatitis B and AIDS on the Pregnant Women
- The Importance of Antenatal Appointment
Elderly Care Nursing Topics
Caring for babies as a midwife is one thing, but caring for the elderly is a polar opposite. Caring for the elderly is difficult. Unlike pregnant women, who are usually all excited about their pregnancy or fall within some category – geriatric patients are vastly different from one another and will require a special approach with every patient.
That being said, elderly care is one of the most rewarding fields of nursing and one of the most demanding. With that in mind, here are ten topics on geriatric care that you can explore:
- Exploring the Ethics in Geriatrics Care
- Critical Care Requirements in Elderly Care
- Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease in Elderly Patients
- The Causes and Treatment of Restless Legs Syndrome
- Exploring the Holistic Approach to Geriatric Care
- The Most Efficient Practices to Reduce Cardiovascular Risks
- The Best Nursing Practices When Working With Patients With Alzheimer’s Disease
- The Study on Atrial Fibrillation
- The Most Effective Therapy for Bladder Cancer Therapy
- The Most Common Joint Disorders in Elderly Population
Primary Healthcare Nursing Topics
Primary health care applies to the most common health problems that people face. It’s by far the biggest aspect of nursing and will require the broadest possible approach. As someone who is studying nursing or writing a research paper on the topic, you have endless options if you have primary healthcare as a broader topic.
However, whenever you have a slew of different options, you might latch onto one that really isn’t all that great. With that in mind, why not latch onto one of ours that we’ve provided below, as all are interesting, fun, and most importantly, original.
- The Efficiency of Probiotics in Diarrhea Treatment
- The Upsides and Downsides of Private and Public Healthcare Systems
- Vaccination Programs: Exploring the Benefits and Potential Downsides
- The Common Oversights Made By Primary Health Care Service Providers
- How Did Private Healthcare Providers Change the Mental Health Services System?
- Understanding the Different Levels and Job Requirements of Different Nursing Credentials
- The Pros and Cons of Medical Services at Patients’ Homes
- Nurses in Schools: Required Qualifications, Role, and What the Future Holds
- The Efficiency of the Assessment Methods in Public Healthcare Facilities
- Patient Privacy Rights: Exploring the Data Collection Ethics in Public Healthcare Facilities
Nursing Careers Research Topics
Nursing as a job in itself is insanely difficult but exciting and rewarding work. Just like a lot of other things, it's really not for everybody, but people that seek out nursing as their career tend to thrive in it.
The medical world has so many positions available, and nursing makes up the bulk of jobs in the world of healthcare. Here are some top-tier topics that concern nursing as a career choice:
- Comparing Diversity in Private and Public Healthcare Systems
- How is Technology Shaping the Future of Nursing
- Evaluating the Pros and Cons of Remote Intensive Care Unit
- The Best Practices to Promote Physical and Mental Well-being in Nurses
- Clinical Nurses: Exploring the Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Nursing and Medical Treatment of the Homeless
- The Nursing Practitioners Who Have Changed Nursing Forever
- Types of Nursing Theories and Their Implications on Modern Nursing Practices
- Stress Management Practices for Nurses In Critical Care
- The Role of Nursing Professional and Career Service in Health Promotion
Interesting Nursing Research Topics
Now, to be fair, Nursing may not be as exciting as being a brain surgeon, and it might not be as well paid – but the job of a nurse is still pretty interesting when you compare it to a lot of other professions. Think about it, as a nurse, not only do you have to deal with an abundance of tasks every day, you get to work with people, which brings a whole new dimension to the career.
Saying that the job is interesting is an understatement – what isn’t an understatement is doing a research paper on just what makes nursing so interesting, which you can do by following one of the ten topics listed below.
- Cutting-Edge Technologies and Innovations in Clinical Cardiology
- The Most Effective Treatments for Sleep Disorders
- Common Issues Associated with Menopause
- Exploring the Moral Aspects of Euthanasia
- Hypertensive Diseases: Causes and Treatment
- Caesarean Section: Indications and Preparation
- Differences Between Alternative and Complementary Therapy
- The Primary Causes of Type II Diabetes
- Nursing and Night Shifts: The Most Efficient Ways to Alleviate Stress
- Breast Cancer Prevention: Exploring the Most Effective Methods
When you need to select a nursing research paper topic for the exam, midterm, or assessment, you can feel like you are under a lot of pressure. Practical assignments often take too much time and energy, and you can feel overwhelmed. Finding inspiration for nursing research papers can prove difficult at these times.
Hopefully, you’ll find our selection of nursing research topics inspirational and be able to select one that resonates well with you. We also have a variety of sports research topics to choose from. However, if you don’t have the time to do research and write your nursing research paper on your own, don’t despair.
Contact our team of professional writers here at Study Clerk, and we will deliver a high-quality nursing research paper just in time for you to submit it.
Order your paper now!
- 100+ Best Science Topics for Research Papers
- Cultural Research Paper Topics
- Entrepreneurship Research Paper Topics
- 100+ Best Religion Research Paper Topics in 2023
- 110 Unique Tranding Fashion Research Paper Topics and Ideas
30+ Creative Nursing Project Topics You Must Try In 2023
Are you interested in making a Nursing project and willingly searching for the nursing project topics? Don’t worry your search ends here. This blog will serve as a guide for you in making effective nursing project. Also, we will explore some of the best nursing project topics.
What is Nursing?
Table of Contents
Nursing is a healthcare profession that involves the provision of care to individuals, families, and communities. It aims to promote health and wellbeing, prevent illness, and manage health conditions. Nurses work with other healthcare professionals to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate care for patients.
Nurses work in various settings such as hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, schools, and community health centers. They play a crucial role in promoting and maintaining the health of individuals and communities. Often they are the primary point of contact between patients and the healthcare system.
Why Are Nursing Projects Important?
Nursing projects are important because they allow nurses to explore issues and challenges related to patient care and healthcare delivery.
It aims to develop and implement solutions that improve patient outcomes and enhance the quality of care.
Nursing projects can take many forms, such as research studies, quality improvement initiatives, evidence-based practice projects, and community outreach programs.
Nursing projects can help nurses to:
1. Address Gaps In Knowledge
By conducting research nurses can identify gaps in knowledge where current practice may not align with evidence-based guidelines.
This information can help inform future practice and contribute to the advancement of nursing knowledge.
2. Improve Patient Outcomes
Nursing projects can focus on improving patient outcomes by improving care processes.
For example, a project focused on reducing hospital-acquired infections can help prevent patient harm. It improves overall health outcomes.
3. Enhance The Quality Of Care
Nursing projects can identify areas for improvement in the delivery of care. It includes reducing wait times or improving communication between healthcare providers. By implementing changes, nurses can help enhance the quality of care and improve patient satisfaction.
4. Promote Interprofessional Collaboration
Nursing projects often involve collaboration with other healthcare providers, such as physicians, pharmacists, and social workers.
This collaboration can help improve communication and teamwork. Thus, leading to better patient outcomes and more efficient delivery of care.
But the most significant step in making a nursing project is to find the most suitable nursing project topics. Worry not; this blog will help you.
As the nursing profession continues to evolve, nurses are increasingly taking on leadership roles. They are driving changes in healthcare delivery.
Here are nursing project topics that nurses can explore to make a meaningful impact on healthcare:
1. Reducing Hospital-Acquired Infections
Hospital-acquired infections can have serious consequences for patients.
It includes prolonged hospital stays and even death.
Nurses can explore ways to reduce the incidence of hospital-acquired infections, such as through better hand hygiene practices or improved infection control procedures.
2. Improving Patient Safety
Patient safety is a top priority for nurses and there are many areas where improvements can be made. It is also one of the best nursing project topics.
Nurses can investigate ways to reduce medication errors.
Also, they must improve communication between healthcare providers to enhance patient safety.
3. Enhancing Patient Education
Patient education is an important aspect of nursing practice.
It empowers patients to take an active role in managing their health.
Nurses can develop educational materials that help patients better understand their health conditions and treatment options.
4. Developing Nurse-Led Clinics
Nurse-led clinics are becoming increasingly popular as a way to improve access to care, reduce healthcare costs, and improve patient outcomes.
Nurses can explore the feasibility of establishing nurse-led clinics in their communities and develop plans for implementation.
5. Implementing Evidence-Based Practice
Evidence-based practice involves using the best available evidence to inform clinical decision-making.
Nurses can investigate ways to implement evidence-based practice in their healthcare settings.
Also, it develop interventions to promote its adoption.
6. Addressing Health Disparities
Health disparities exist across many different populations.
Therefore, nurses can play an important role in addressing these disparities.
Nurses can investigate ways to improve access to care and reduce health disparities among underserved populations.
7. Managing Chronic Conditions
Chronic conditions such as diabetes and hypertension are increasingly prevalent. Also, they can have serious consequences for patients.
Nurses can develop interventions to help patients manage their chronic conditions and improve their overall health outcomes.
8. Reducing Readmissions
Hospital readmissions can be costly and disruptive for patients. In such situations, nurses can explore ways to reduce the incidence of readmissions.
This could involve interventions such as improved discharge planning or better communication between healthcare providers.
9. Improving End-Of-Life Care
End-of-life care is an important aspect of nursing practice.
Nurses can explore ways to improve the quality of care provided to patients at the end of life.
This could involve developing educational materials for patients and families. It involves implementing palliative care interventions.
10. Promoting Healthy Lifestyles
Nurses can play an important role in promoting healthy lifestyles among their patients.
This could involve developing interventions to promote healthy eating habits, physical activity, and smoking cessation.
11. Developing Telehealth Programs
Telehealth programs can help improve access to care and reduce healthcare costs.
Nurses can explore ways to develop and implement telehealth programs in their healthcare settings.
12. Enhancing Care Coordination
Care coordination is an important aspect of healthcare delivery.
Nurses can investigate ways to improve care coordination between healthcare providers and patient.
13. Developing Care Pathways
Care pathways provide a structured approach to patient care.
They can help improve patient outcomes and reduce healthcare costs.
Nurses can develop care pathways for specific health conditions or patient populations.
14. Improving Pain Management
Pain management is an important aspect of nursing practice.
Nurses can develop interventions to improve pain management practices.
This will reduce the incidence of pain-related complications.
15. Enhancing Nursing Leadership
Nurses can play a leadership role in healthcare delivery.
Nurses can explore ways to enhance their leadership skills and promote nursing leadership in their healthcare settings.
16. Developing Nursing Research Studies
Nursing research studies can help advance nursing knowledge and improve patient outcomes.
Nurses can develop research studies that investigate important
17. Child Care
Child care is the provision of education, supervision, and enrichment for children outside their homes on a regular basis.
It provides experiences for each child’s social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development.
This career is a great choice for those who want to work with kids and make an impact on their lives.
It can also be a great way to earn money while working with your own schedule.
If you’re a nursing student looking to write a research paper on child care, there are plenty of topics to choose from.
However, it’s important to do your research first and find relevant sources.
18. Health Promotion
Health promotion is a broad field that focuses on enabling people to improve their health.
It involves a wide range of social and environmental interventions.
Nurses play an important role in health promotion and can significantly impact the well-being of society.
For example, nurses can educate individuals on the importance of preventing under-five mortality by providing them with information about healthy eating and physical activities.
To be successful, a health promotion initiative needs to have a sound epidemiological basis.
It also needs to be well planned and implemented.
19. Mental Health
Mental health is a major concern for nurses in many settings.
In addition to addressing patients’ medical needs, you also need to be able to connect with those who have mental health problems, as well as their families and friends.
20. Nurse Burnout
Nurse burnout is a widespread phenomenon that negatively impacts nurses on both an individual and professional level.
It can hinder job performance, change how nurses view their role, and even put patients in danger.
Nurses work long hours and accept too many responsibilities, often sacrificing their personal life to help others.
This is especially problematic in today’s highly demanding healthcare industry.
There are a number of factors that contribute to nurse burnout, including poor work environments and unsupportive leadership.
The best nursing project topics involve addressing these factors and developing solutions that improve the overall health of nurses.
21. Emergency Nursing
Emergency nurses are responsible for managing a wide range of patients with different needs.
It includes those who have suffered an injury or disease.
Their duties include rapid patient assessment, making accurate diagnoses, allocating priorities for care and delivering treatment interventions.
As with general nursing, emergency nurses must have a variety of specialist skills to meet the unique needs of their patients.
They are also required to work within the assessment – planning – intervention – evaluation (APIE) framework.
22. Human Resources Management
Human resources management is the process of employing and training employees, developing workplace policies and retaining workers.
It also includes adherence to employment laws and worker protection.
The growing number of federal, state and local employment laws has posed significant challenges for HR professionals.
This includes monitoring and complying with new legislation, classifying workers correctly, responding to employee grievances and providing a safe work environment.
For this reason, human resource management is a popular topic for nursing students to write about for their capstone projects.
Research on this topic will help students gain a deeper understanding of the role of human resources and how it impacts an organization’s success.
23. Nursing Capstone
When students are in the final phase of their nursing degree, they handle a capstone project.
This is a paper that showcases their ability to do independent research and to write a detailed analysis of an issue in the field.
Generally, the capstone project is a poster or PowerPoint presentation.
It includes a background, problem, and purpose; methodology; and key findings and implications to nursing practice or research.
When writing a nursing capstone paper, students are advised to use multiple sources and avoid plagiarism. However, this is not always easy. This is the last nursing project among other nursing project topics.
24. The Role of Nurses in Promoting End-of-Life Care and Advance Care Planning
The main aim of this project is to explore the role of nurses in promoting end-of-life care and advance care planning. It will assess nurses’ knowledge and attitudes towards end-of-life discussions, evaluate the impact of nurse-led interventions on patient and family satisfaction, and identify barriers to effective end-of-life communication.
25. Enhancing Geriatric Nursing Care in Long-Term Care Facilities
This project will focus on improving geriatric nursing care in long-term care facilities. It will examine the unique needs of older adults, explore strategies to enhance person-centered care and quality of life, and evaluate the impact of specialized geriatric nursing training programs.
26. Exploring the Role of Advanced Practice Nurses in Primary Care
This project will examine the role of advanced practice nurses, such as nurse practitioners, in providing comprehensive primary care. It will evaluate their impact on patient outcomes, access to care, and healthcare costs.
27. Enhancing Cultural Sensitivity in Nursing Practice
This project aims to promote cultural sensitivity and competence in nursing care. It will explore nurses’ attitudes towards cultural diversity, exploring their knowledge of different cultural practices and beliefs, and propose strategies for providing culturally sensitive care to various patient populations.
28. Improving Maternal and Child Health Outcomes
The main aim of this project is to examine the role of maternal-child health nurses in improving maternal and child health outcomes. It will explore the impact of nurse-led interventions, such as prenatal education and postpartum support, on maternal and infant well-being.
29. Nurses as Health Educators
This project will focus on the role of nurses as health educators in promoting healthy lifestyles among individuals and communities. It will explore the effectiveness of nurse-led health education programs in preventing chronic diseases and improving overall population health.
30. Enhancing Nursing Leadership in Healthcare Organizations
This project is used to explore strategies for enhancing nursing leadership within healthcare organizations. It will examine the qualities and skills required for effective nurse leaders and explore the impact of strong nursing leadership on organizational culture, staff satisfaction, and patient outcomes.
31. Promoting Health Equity
This project will explore the role of nurses in advocating for health equity among underserved populations. It will examine the impact of nursing interventions, such as community outreach programs and policy advocacy, on reducing health disparities and improving access to care.
- Sociology Project Topics
- Mass Communication Project Topics
Some Of The Elements Of Nursing Project
Nursing projects typically involve several key elements, including:
1. Identification Of The Problem Or Issue
This involves identifying an area of healthcare that could benefit from improvement or investigation.
The problem or issue should be clearly defined and well-understood before proceeding with the project.
2. Literature Review
Conducting a comprehensive review of the relevant literature is an important element of nursing projects.
This allows the nurse to learn about best practices, and identify potential solutions to the problem.
3. Project Design
The nurse must design a project plan that outlines the project’s goals, objectives, methods, and timeline.
This plan should be based on the information gathered during the literature review. Also, it should be feasible given the resources available.
4. Data Collection And Analysis
Data collection and analysis are critical elements of nursing projects.
This involves gathering data related to the problem or issue, analyzing the data, and drawing conclusions based on the findings.
5. Implementation Of Interventions
Based on the findings of the project, the nurse may implement interventions to address the problem or issue.
This could involve changes in healthcare delivery, staff education, or the use of new technologies or treatments.
Finally, the nurse must evaluate the effectiveness of the project in achieving its goals and objectives.
This may involve gathering additional data and comparing outcomes before and after the intervention.
It may lead to further refinements or modifications to the project.
The ultimate goal of nursing projects is to improve patient care and outcomes.
Ways To Make Nursing Project Efficiently
After searching one of the most appropriate nursing project ideas, work on making the project efficiently. Here are some ways to make nursing projects more efficient:
1. Start With A Clear Problem Statement
The problem statement should be clear, concise, and well-defined.
This will help focus the project and ensure that efforts are not wasted on non-essential tasks.
2. Set Realistic Goals And Timelines
The project goals and timelines should be realistic and achievable.
This will help ensure that the project stays on track. Also, the progress is being made towards the desired outcomes.
3. Involve Stakeholders
It’s important to involve stakeholders, such as patients, families, and other healthcare professionals in the project.
This will help ensure that the project is relevant to the needs of those who will be impacted by it.
4. Use Evidence-Based Practices
Evidence-based practices should be used whenever possible.
This will help ensure that the interventions being implemented are supported by research.
Also, they are likely to be effective.
5. Plan For Data Collection And Analysis
Data collection and analysis should be planned from the outset of the project.
This will help ensure that the necessary data is being collected.
Also, it is being analyzed in a way that will yield meaningful results.
6. Monitor Progress And Adjust As Needed
The project should be monitored regularly to ensure that progress is being made towards the goals.
If the project is not progressing as expected, adjustments may need to be made to the project plan.
7. Communicate Regularly With Team Members
Regular communication with team members is essential to keep everyone informed and engaged in the project.
This will help ensure that everyone is working towards the same goals.
Also, the progress is being made efficiently.
By following these tips, nursing projects can be completed efficiently and effectively.
Also, this will leads to improved patient outcomes and better healthcare delivery.
This is the end of this post, which is about nursing project topics. On the other hand, nursing project topics can provide nurses with an opportunity to explore important issues and investigate best practices.
It helps to develop and implement interventions that improve patient outcomes and enhance the quality of care.
The nursing project topics outlined here represent just a few of the many areas where nurses can make a meaningful impact on healthcare delivery.
It is important for nurses to continue to engage in nursing projects and research studies.
Also, efficient nursing project topics play a critical role in advancing nursing knowledge and driving positive change in healthcare delivery.
Q1. What are some innovative nursing project topics?
Some innovative nursing project topics include virtual reality in nursing education, telemedicine in healthcare delivery, digital health solutions for chronic disease management, artificial intelligence in nursing practice, social media in patient engagement, cultural competency in nursing care, and mindfulness practices in nursing.
Q2. Can someone collaborate with healthcare professionals on my nursing project?
Yes, collaborating with healthcare professionals can enhance the quality and relevance of your nursing project. You can contact healthcare providers, researchers, and policymakers to gather insights and perspectives on your topic. Collaborating with other nursing students or colleagues is also beneficial.
Q3. How to choose a unique nursing project topic?
To choose a unique nursing project topic, consider your personal experiences, interests, and areas of curiosity within the nursing field. Look for gaps in current research or emerging healthcare trends that intrigue you. Brainstorm ideas with your peers, mentors, or healthcare professionals to uncover unique and innovative topics.
Top Causes of Academic Failure Among Students
Top 10 Real Work From Home Jobs for 2020 to Make More Money
- How It Works
110 Impressive Nursing Research Topics To Use
As with all sciences, nursing is a technical subject to handle. It is not one of those subjects that you can wake up in the middle of a dream and start writing. A nursing assignment calls for an apt mind that can think both logically and coherently. The Mount Everest of any assignment is settling on the topic. Students will endure sleepless nights, and especially in nursing, to come up with a viable case. For you to attain your nursing degree, the healthcare topic you choose should:
Appeal to the reader’s interest in mind Deal with a problem where you have the scope to research Bring something new or offer a solution
How To Develop Researchable Topics in Nursing
Whether you are an undergraduate, graduate, or doctorate level scholar, the topic you choose for your paper should be up to the mark. There is no place for playing around with every ‘Tom, Dick, and Harry’ title. You can generate ideas for your nursing research paper using the following tips and tricks:
- Brainstorming them with pen and paper
- Consulting your friends and professor
- Looking at other nursing topics
- Reading on a specific nursing niche
- Visiting a healthcare facility
With the ideas above, you can develop fascinating nursing research topics that will guarantee you a score. However, avoid the temptation of plagiarizing already existing nursing topics. Doing this will cost you – not only your grades but your reputation as well. You can also use the following questions to develop your nursing topic(s):
- What is that one area that people have overlooked in nursing?
- Is there any heated nursing debate you can address?
- Does your topic bring out a fresh perspective?
- Is there a nursing problem under research? How can you contribute to it?
These and more will jog your mind to articulate potential nursing topics. Nevertheless, your assignment may be due soon, and you need writing help on your case. We have a full pack for you. Scroll down to view 110 expert-recommended nursing topics.
Interesting Nursing Research Topics For College Students
- Why does the number of nurses in a work station affect productivity?
- Is working for long shifts suitable for nurses and patients?
- Should nurses receive motivational packages now and then?
- Is it right for nurses to go on strike?
- What is the difference between nurses and doctors?
- Why does it seem odd for men to enroll as nurses?
- Is the salary of nurses proportional to the work they do?
- Should nurses advance their level of education?
- Why are medical training colleges receiving low entries?
- What are the work ethics that determine the conduct of nurses at work?
Researchable Topics in Nursing
- What are the dangers of nurses administering prescriptions?
- Can a doctor operate effectively without a nurse?
- What is the future of nursing in the digital age?
- What is the difference in care between private and public nursing homes?
- How did nurses come in handy in the care of coronavirus patients?
- Do nurses work more than doctors?
- Is online training recommended for professional nurses?
- Why do hospitals have more nurses than doctors?
- Why should nurses have an ever-smiling face?
- The importance of psychological conditioning for nurses
Nursing Research Paper Topics on Ethics
- How nurses defend the dignity of those in their care
- What personal traits should nurses portray?
- How should nurses respond to the vulnerability of patients?
- Do nurses find it difficult to handle mentally ill patients?
- Can nurses develop intimate relationships with patients?
- What are the moral dilemmas in nursing?
- What happens when a patient attacks a nurse?
- Is it ethical for male nurses to handle female patients?
- Why are nurses quitting based on ethical problems?
- Should nurses discuss their patients’ issues with their families?
Nursing Research Questions on Critical Care
- How to communicate with patients in critical care
- Do critical care nurses experience mental breakdowns?
- How can nurses handle patients in Acoma effectively?
- Which means do nurses use to gather data from critically ill patients?
- How do nurses deal with deaths in the critical care unit?
- Does critical care nursing impact the psychological behavior of these nurses?
- How long should a nurse work in an acute care unit?
- How can nurses interact with patients in ICU?
- How long should blood be stored after donation?
- What is the best care for a patient who has just had a heart transplant?
Quantitative Nursing Research Topics
- How can we relate nursing care with the patient’s recovery rate?
- Discuss the significance of donning protective gear (PPEs)
- What is the link between cost and quality of nursing care?
- Factors responsible for irritable patient behavior.
- Differentiate care, treatment, and healing.
- Role of technology towards an improved healthcare system.
- The significance of family support inpatient recovery.
- The relationship between immunizations and vaccines.
- The effect of coronavirus on nursing care practices and protocols
- Discuss how the ventilator functions
Hot Topics in Nursing
- What is the effectiveness of e-care in the digital age?
- How to deal with women and men sexual disorders
- What is the best approach when handling a bisexual patient?
- Latest measures in handling coronavirus patients
- Is healthcare receiving the support it needs from the government?
- Why should all medicine be tax-free?
- What should happen to doctors practicing illegal abortion?
- Does a medical practitioner possess the right to end life?
- Why are syringe injections more effective than tablets?
- What is the difference between midwifery in urban and rural areas?
Good Nursing Research Topics
- What are some of the shortcomings of home-based healthcare?
- Why should people practice healthy nutrition and hydration?
- What are the standard operating procedures in case of an accident?
- Ways of treating headaches without visiting a doctor
- Is it recommended to take prescriptions from chemists and shops?
- Should we treat mild illness seriously?
- Why is the world racing against time to find a coronavirus vaccine?
- Can an ambulance be a hospital?
- Should Ph.D. holders still serve as nurses?
- How to remain healthy without visiting a hospital
Popular Nursing Research Paper Topic Ideas
- Discuss why Nurses Unions are essential in fighting for their rights
- The role of teamwork in the nursing profession
- How to reduce the chances of heart attacks in obese patients
- Steps to take when a patient refuses to eat
- Why are there increasing cases of depression among youths?
- Can nurses serve as an alternative for a psychologist?
- Consequences of self-medication without a doctor’s prescription
- Ways of dealing with infectious diseases without being infected
- What is the place of robots in nursing care?
- How to deal with alcohol addiction and get rid of it
Nursing Research Topic Ideas on Standard Treatments
- Ways in which post-surgery care can accelerate recovery
- Why ICU patients need the support of their family more than anything else
- What are the treatment options for coronavirus?
- What happens when a doctor makes a wrong diagnosis?
- Why is the oxygen necessary during surgery?
- How to care for amputated body organs
- How long should patients stay in the hospital after surgery?
- Quick treatment for a patient who has gone in shock
- Critical care skills that each nurse should posses
- How to prevent re-infection of contagious diseases in a hospital
Nursing Topics on the Career
- Which are the best nursing schools?
- Between colleges and universities, which one offers top nursing education?
- Should you advance your nursing certificate or degree?
- What are the potential nursing areas you can venture to in school?
- What are the challenges that nurses face in their career?
- Is nursing a well-paying job?
- Considerations you have to take before pursuing a nursing course
- Will you have time for your family if you are a nurse?
- Discuss privileges associated with a nursing career
- How long does a nursing career take?
Holistic Research Topics For Nursing Students
- How nurses deal with stress at work
- How to manage an open wound during surgery
- Are nursing interns overworked?
- A study about caring for cancer patients at home
- An in-depth analysis of what causes obesity
- How long should nurses take a break from their patients?
- The dangers of seeking herbal medical care
- Top control measures for HIV/AIDS
- How to care for homeless patients
- Do patients in prison receive adequate medical care?
We have more examples of tip-top nursing topics that can be made available at your request. Our writers are qualified in their respective nursing fields – childcare, surgery, adult care, mental health, and many more. You only need to shoot your question, and we will respond with expert writing help.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Comment * Error message
Name * Error message
Email * Error message
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Ukraine Live Updates
📕 Studying HQ
Exploring community health nursing research topics: a comprehensive guide for nursing students.
Community health nursing is a dynamic and vital field within the nursing profession, focused on providing holistic care to populations within a defined community. This specialized branch of nursing goes beyond individual patient care, extending its reach to families, groups, and entire communities. This article will delve into community health nursing, explore its significance, and provide valuable resources for nursing students to engage in research, evidence-based practice (EBP) projects, capstone projects, research paper topics, research questions, and essay ideas.
What You'll Learn
Understanding Community Health Nursing: A Holistic Approach
Community health nursing emphasizes preventive care , health promotion, and disease prevention within a specific community. This holistic approach involves understanding the community’s unique needs, cultures, and challenges to provide targeted interventions that improve health outcomes. As nursing students, you will find this field to be a gateway to understanding the broader healthcare landscape and the interconnectedness of various factors that influence health.
PICOT Questions on Community Health Nursing
- P: Adult population in psychiatric care ; I: Implementation of daily RS questionnaire; C: Units without the daily survey; O: Reduction in utilization of restraint and seclusion; T: 6 months. Can the implementation of a daily RS (Restraint and Seclusion) questionnaire for adults in psychiatric care lead to a significant decrease in the utilization of restraint and seclusion within a period of 6 months?
- P: Pediatric population in school settings; I: Introduction of daily exercise regimen; C: Schools without daily exercise; O: Improvement in BMI and overall fitness; T: 1 academic year. Does introducing a daily exercise regimen in school settings for pediatric populations result in a noticeable improvement in BMI and overall fitness over the course of 1 academic year?
- P: Elderly population in assisted living facilities; I: Implementation of fall prevention program; C: Facilities without fall prevention program; O: Reduction in fall-related injuries; T: 1 year. Is there a significant reduction in fall-related injuries among the elderly residing in assisted living facilities after the implementation of a comprehensive fall prevention program within 1 year?
- P: Low-income pregnant women; I: Provision of prenatal education classes; C: Those without access to prenatal education; O: Increase in prenatal knowledge and healthier pregnancy outcomes; T: Throughout gestation. Can providing prenatal education classes to low-income pregnant women lead to increased prenatal knowledge and improved pregnancy outcomes when compared to those without access to such education?
- P: Diabetic population within the community; I: Establishment of a mobile diabetic clinic; C: No mobile clinic available; O: Enhanced diabetic management and reduced hospitalizations; T: 2 years. Does the establishment of a mobile diabetic clinic within the community lead to better diabetic management and a decrease in hospitalizations over a span of 2 years?
- P: Adolescent population in schools; I: Implementation of comprehensive sexual education; C: Schools with standard sexual education; O: Reduction in teen pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections (STIs); T: 3 years. Over a period of 3 years, does the implementation of comprehensive sexual education in schools result in a significant decrease in the rates of teen pregnancies and STIs among adolescents compared to schools with standard sexual education?
- P: Homeless population; I: Launch of mobile healthcare unit; C: No access to regular healthcare; O: Improvement in overall health status and decrease in emergency room visits; T: 1 year. Can the introduction of a mobile healthcare unit for the homeless population improve their overall health status and a noticeable reduction in emergency room visits within a year?
- P: Rural elderly population; I: Initiation of telehealth services ; C: Lack of telehealth services; O: Enhanced access to healthcare and better management of chronic conditions; T: 18 months. Does the introduction of telehealth services for the rural elderly population lead to increased access to healthcare services and improved management of chronic conditions over the course of 18 months?
- P: New mothers; I: Implementation of postpartum support groups; C: No postpartum support groups available; O: Reduction in postpartum depression rates and improved maternal well-being; T: 1 year. Can the implementation of postpartum support groups for new mothers lead to a significant reduction in postpartum depression rates and an overall improvement in maternal well-being within a year?
- P: LGBTQ+ youth; I: Creating safe spaces in schools; C: Absence of designated safe spaces; O: Decreased mental health challenges and higher academic achievement; T: Ongoing. Does creating safe spaces within schools for LGBTQ+ youth lead to a noticeable decrease in mental health challenges and a rise in academic achievement over an ongoing period?
Evidence-Based Practice Projects Ideas
- Evaluating the effectiveness of community-wide vaccination drives in reducing vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Assessing the impact of a smoke-free policy in public spaces on community members’ respiratory health.
- Investigating the outcomes of a nutrition education program in improving dietary habits among low-income families.
- Analyzing the effectiveness of a community-based mental health awareness campaign in reducing stigma and increasing help-seeking behavior.
- Exploring the outcomes of a diabetes management intervention using mobile health apps in urban communities.
- Studying the effects of a community gardening initiative on physical activity levels and nutrition awareness.
- Investigating the utilization and impact of telemedicine services in remote rural areas.
- Assessing the benefits of a community fitness program on cardiovascular health and overall well-being.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of a school-based anti-bullying campaign on students’ mental health.
- Analyzing the outcomes of a community-driven initiative to increase access to clean drinking water in underserved areas.
Nursing Capstone Project Ideas
- Developing a comprehensive disaster preparedness plan for a local community.
- Designing and implementing a culturally sensitive prenatal care program for immigrant populations.
- Creating a curriculum for training community health workers in identifying and addressing social determinants of health.
- Establishing a support network for caregivers of elderly individuals living at home.
- Designing a mental health first aid training program for community leaders and volunteers.
- Implementing a community-based program to promote physical activity among children with obesity.
- Creating a resource guide for LGBTQ+ youth to access healthcare services without discrimination.
- Developing a community-wide initiative to combat opioid misuse and overdose.
- Establishing a telehealth platform for remote health consultations in underserved regions.
- Designing a comprehensive sexual education curriculum for high schools to address varying cultural norms.
Nursing Research Paper Topics
- The impact of community health nursing interventions on reducing health disparities .
- Exploring the role of community health nurses in disaster response and recovery.
- Analyzing the effectiveness of school-based health clinics in improving student health outcomes.
- Investigating the barriers and facilitators of healthcare access in underserved rural communities.
- The role of community health nursing in promoting healthy aging and elderly care.
- Addressing mental health stigma through community-based interventions led by nurses.
- Analyzing the outcomes of community health education programs on reducing tobacco use .
- Exploring the relationship between community engagement and positive maternal-child health outcomes.
- The effectiveness of telehealth services in bridging healthcare gaps in remote areas.
- Investigating the impact of community health nursing in preventing and managing chronic diseases.
Community Health Nursing Research Questions
- How does the presence of community health nurses influence health outcomes in underserved urban neighborhoods?
- What are the key components of successful school-based vaccination programs , and how do they impact disease prevention?
- How do cultural competence and sensitivity affect the effectiveness of community health nursing interventions?
- What are the main challenges community health nurses face in addressing social determinants of health ?
- How does community engagement contribute to the sustainability of community health initiatives led by nurses?
- What strategies effectively promote mental health awareness and reduce stigma within communities?
- How do telehealth services improve access to healthcare for individuals in geographically isolated regions?
- What role do community health nurses play in detecting and managing chronic diseases ?
- How do community health interventions impact healthcare utilization patterns and costs?
- What are the outcomes of community health nursing programs focused on improving maternal and child health?
Essay Topic Ideas & Examples
- The Role of Community Health Nursing in Promoting Population Health.
- Addressing Health Disparities: The Impact of Community Health Nursing.
- Community-Based Approaches to Preventing Teenage Pregnancy .
- Telehealth: Bridging Healthcare Gaps in Underserved Communities.
- Cultural Competence in Community Health Nursing: Challenges and Strategies.
- Disaster Preparedness and Response: The Critical Role of Community Health Nurses.
- The Influence of Social Determinants of Health on Community Health Nursing Interventions.
- Community Health Education: Strategies for Promoting Healthy Lifestyles.
- Exploring the Connection Between Mental Health and Community Well-being.
- Innovations in Community Health Nursing: Harnessing Technology for Better Outcomes.
As nursing students, you are poised to become the next generation of community health nurses, armed with the knowledge and skills to impact the health and well-being of diverse populations positively. Community health nursing offers numerous opportunities for research, practice, and advocacy. By delving into PICOT questions, evidence-based practice projects, capstone projects, research paper topics, and research questions, you can deepen your understanding of this vital field and contribute to its growth. Don’t hesitate to seek our writing services if you need assistance with your community health nursing assignments or essays. We understand the demands of nursing education and are here to support you in your academic journey. Your dedication to improving community health is commendable, and together, we can pave the way for healthier, more vibrant communities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Community Health Nursing
- Is community health nursing the same as nursing? Community health nursing is a specialized branch of nursing that focuses on providing holistic care to populations within specific communities. While nursing is a broader field encompassing various specialties, community health nursing is distinct in its emphasis on preventive care and health promotion within communities.
- What are the qualifications of a community health nursing? To practice community health nursing, one typically needs a registered nurse (RN) license. Many community health nurses also hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree, and advanced practice may require additional education such as a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with a specialization in community health.
- Do community health nurses work in hospitals? While community health nurses primarily work in community settings like public health departments, schools, and clinics, they can also collaborate with hospitals to provide education, preventive care, and continuity of care to patients transitioning from hospital to home.
- Can a community health nurse become a doctor? Community health nurses can certainly pursue further education and career advancement, but the path to becoming a doctor is different. Becoming a doctor requires completing medical school and earning a medical degree (MD) or a doctor of osteopathic medicine (DO) degree, whereas community health nursing involves nursing education and training.
Does this Look Like Your Assignment? We Can do an Original Paper for you!
Start by filling this short order form thestudycorp.com/order
And then follow the progressive flow.
Having an issue, chat with us here
Have no Time to Write? Let a subject expert write your paper for You
Land rover analysis: a guide for business students.
Are you a business student interested in learning the ins and outs of company analysis? Look no further than this in-depth guide to Land Rover Analysis, a leading automotive company.Land Rover is a well-known British automobile manufacturer that has been producing luxury SUVs since the 1940s. The company is well-known for its tough off-road vehicles,…
Exxon Analysis: Comprehensive Guide for Business Students
Understanding company analysis is critical in today’s business landscape for any student or professional looking to advance in their career. Gaining a thorough understanding of a company’s performance, market position, and competitive landscape is one of the most important aspects of this analysis. We will look closely at Exxon Analysis, one of the world’s largest…
100 Great Education Debate Topics
Education Debate Topics
Informative Speech Ideas on Early Childhood Education
Informative Speech Topics on Early Childhood Education
40+ Chronic Disease Management Research Topics for Nursing Students: An In-Depth Guide
Chronic disease management is critical to nursing education, equipping students with essential skills to care for patients with long-term health conditions. This article provides comprehensive chronic disease management research topics for nursing students, PICOT questions, evidence-based project ideas, nursing capstone projects, research paper topics, research questions, and essay prompts. Understanding Chronic Disease Management Chronic disease…
Blackberry Analysis: Comprehensive Guide for Business Students
Are you a business student who wants to learn more about how to analyze a company? Blackberry, a Canadian phone company that has changed a lot in the past few years, is a good example. This article will tell you everything you need to know about Blackberry Analysis; history, mission, products and services, market position,…
we will assist you 24/7
Power up your academic success with the team of professionals. we’ve got your back.
StudyingHQ.com helps students cope with college assignments and write papers on a wide range of topics. We deal with academic writing, creative writing, and non-word assignments.
All the materials from our website should be used with proper references. All the work should be used in accordance with the appropriate policies and applicable laws.
We also serve as;
- Online Nursing Writers
- Best Nursing Writing Company
- Buy Nursing Essays
- Nursing Capstone Project Writing Services
- Nurse Writing Service
- Write My Nursing Paper Service
- Last Minute Nursing Service
- Fast Nursing Writing service
- Essay writing nursing
- Nurses essay writing
- Nursing essay writers
- Write nursing essay
- Buy nursing essays
- Help with nursing essays
- Nursing essay help
Get Help with;
- Nursing Case Study
- Nursing Coursework Help
- Nursing Dissertation Writing Services
- Nursing Essay/Personal Statement
- Nursing Essays
- Nursing Practitioners
- Nursing Report Writing
- Nursing Surgery Report
- Nursing Term Paper Writing
- Nursing Thesis Writing
- Nursing Capstone Writing
- Nursing Discussion post writing services
We offer Instant Solutions for;
- Do my Nursing homework
- Write my Nursing essay
- Nursing Dissertation Help
- Literature Review Writing
- Nursing Application Essay
- Nursing Annotated Bibliography
- Nursing Technical report
- Nursing Creative Writing
- Nursing Resume Writers
- Nurse Ghostwriting
- Nursing PowePoint presentation
- [email protected]
- +1 (855) 682 1008
Do Assignment Help Blog
Let our certified Ph.D. specialists write your papers!
- Hire an expert
Improve your scores with plagiarism-free papers.
- Check for plagiarism
We welcome deadlines & manage on-time deliveries.
- Order for quick TATs
Compilation of Awesome 180 Nursing Research Topics For Students
Nursing is not an easy subject. Many healthcare and support students experience jitters while pursuing their degree as they are expected to compose high-quality assignments. These assignments require in-depth research and need to be crafted in a perfect format. Hence, the time constraints put them under pressure and they struggle to compose their assignment papers. So, we have come up with some interesting nursing research topics in multiple categories.
“ Save one life, you’re a hero. Save 100 lives, you’re a nurse. ” —Unknown
Stick with us till the end for some extra information that will help you boost your scores.
Also, Read: Importance of Clinical Reasoning Cycle in Nursing
Table of Contents
What Is A Nursing Research Paper?
A nursing research paper is a part of academic assignment tasks that focuses on a specific topic. All nursing students are assigned a project during their program. This type of nursing assignment is an opportunity for the students to prove their expertise. It shows that you are capable of conducting research. Further, it displays your level of understanding of certain topics in your chosen field. Besides, this is an excellent and intelligent way to refine a student’s knowledge and prepare them for the future ahead.
“ America’s nurses are the beating heart of our medical system. ” — Barack Obama
Continue Reading about “ How to Draft a Research Proposal “.
Selecting the Best Nursing Research Topic!
When it comes to writing any type of assignment, it is essential to have a good topic. A topic that you find that is unique yet offers considerable scope for research. Further, look for nursing research topics that are diverse.
You need to narrow down your selection to something that gives room for some fresh ideas. Also, you should refrain from choosing a problem that’s quite large. Otherwise, it would get difficult for you to evaluate it in and out. Another thing to remember is, do not go for something common, or has already been explained by others several times. Else, you would be repeating the same information all over again which might also result in plagiarism. A wise approach is identifying nursing research questions that excite you and then crafting a paper based on them. It could be related to any area, such as psychology, cardiology, clinical nursing, social work, etc. You can also look for some major medical issues and prepare the research topic for introducing some effective ways to resolve these problems.
“ Caring is the essence of nursing. ” — Jean Watson
Read more about A Comprehensive Guide on Nursing Assignment
Important Factors to Consider While Selecting Nursing Research Topic Ideas
Are you wondering what would be the appropriate way to ascertain that a specific research topic is the right choice for you? Here are some ways to assure mindful choice of your nursing research topic. The topic should be:
Do not hesitate from approaching your teacher or classmates to discuss your ideas. Who knows, they might share some valuable insights which could lead you in the right direction to craft a successful nursing research paper .
A Complete List of Interesting Nursing Research Topics 2022
Childhood Nursing Research Topics
- How does genetics lead to diabetes in children?
- Do health issues in childhood affect health ahead in life?
- Effective ways to reduce injury in infants during the delivery.
- What are the key reasons for child mortality?
- Factors that cause obesity in children.
- Prevalent eating disorders among children. Is social media a cause behind them?
- The causes and treatment of ADHD .
- What are the psychological aspects involved in infant care?
- Are malnutrition treatments in children successful?
- The evolution and advancements in neonatal care over the last 50 years.
- Discuss the stem cell solutions for pediatric diseases.
- What are the major causes of seizures among infants?
- Elaborate on the relationship between vaccination and autism.
- Discuss the resistance of antibiotic medicines in children.
- What are the ethical practices of pediatric care?
- How does passive smoking affect an individual’s early life?
- Effects of environmental pollutants on childhood exposure.
- Effective ways of respiratory illness diagnosis and treatment in children.
- The psychological impacts of cancer in children and their families.
- What are some risk-reducing strategies for blindness in children who receive oxygen therapy?
Geriatric Nursing Research Topics
- How does aging affect the immune system ?
- The effects of malnutrition on the organ system.
- Can diet pose a risk for dementia?
- How effective is the right diet in reducing the risk of osteoporosis?
- What are the causes and risks involved in later life depression?
- Some effective ways to prevent delirium in elderly patients.
- Important care strategies for alcohol use disorders in the elderly.
- What medical emergencies do older cancer patients face?
- How does prolonged hospital stay lead to complications in critically ill patients?
- How can older people maintain oral care?
- The alteration in the nervous system and cognitive senses in the elderly.
- Effects of aging on the cardiovascular system.
- The risk factors and diagnosis of urinary tract infections in older patients.
- Dehydration in the elderly- causes, symptoms, prevention, and treatment.
- What are the biological mechanisms and preventive measures for Alzheimer’s in adults?
- How to manage sepsis in severely ill elderly patients?
- Discuss important care strategies for elderly patients with fragility hip fractures.
- What is the role of nurses in advanced care planning?
- Currently available therapeutic options to cure heart failure in the elderly.
- Practical ways to handle pressure ulcers in patients with hip fracture.
Midwifery Nursing Research Topics
- Major risk factors involved with postnatal depression.
- How does early parenting education lead to a positive experience?
- Benefits and effects of prenatal yoga on infants and women.
- What are the causes and risks involved in adverse pregnancy cases?
- How effective is midwifery?
- Preventive measures to cure hypoglycemia in newborn babies.
- Useful relaxation techniques and therapies are used for managing pain during labor.
- How do sleep disorders affect both mother and infant?
- The best way to handle physical and emotional changes during pregnancy.
- Most effective tips for immediate care of the newly born.
- How does spirituality play a vital role in labor and delivery?
- Discuss the symptoms and treatments of childbirth among women.
- The relationship between pregnancy and diabetes: risk factors involved and ways to manage them.
- How does peer support help in overcoming postnatal depression?
- Discuss the effective ways to deal with Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (PIH).
- Discuss an autistic woman’s experience with childbirth.
- The risks involved in advanced maternal age.
- Common practices and strategies to facilitate and maintain normal childbirth.
- Successful ways for immediate care of newborn babies.
- How to identify and manage common feeding problems with infants?
Nursing Research Topics on Women’s Health
- Environmental factors that increase the chances of infertility.
- How to treat acne in women?
- Causes of sleep disorders in women.
- How to analyze sleep disorders in women?
- What are the common emotional symptoms of premenstrual syndrome?
- Share an elaborated view on breast cancer diagnosis procedures.
- What are the challenges involved in menopause?
- How to treat infertility in women ethically?
- What factors boost conception in females?
- How do cultural differences impact women’s health?
- Common disorders related to female sexual health: symptoms and prevention.
- How effective are measures taken during breast cancer screening?
- The causes and preventive methods for vaginal atrophy.
- Cervical cancer and HPV among women.
- Major causes of Cystic Fibroids in females.
- Share an elaborate view on reproductive endocrinology.
- The causes of substance abuse and addiction in females.
- What measures can be taken to prevent pregnancy?’
- The effects of cosmetic dermatology in females?
- The ways to prevent ovarian cancer in women.
Nursing Research Topics on Mental Health
- What are the causes of depression ?
- How does social media affect mental health?
- The causes and effects of bipolar disorder.
- How do antipsychotics help in curbing delirium?
- Write about the risk factors involved in anorexia.
- The relationship between video games and teenage depression.
- What are the genetic factors involved in bipolar disorder?
- How to prevent post-traumatic stress disorder?
- Present a deep evaluation of the treatments available for dementia.
- What are the risks involved with anorexia?
- The major reasons for stress in police officers.
- Analyze the mirror therapy exercises for brain rehabilitation.
- Schizophrenia: the role of personal experiences and a sense of self.
- How to assist stroke patients in regaining their motor functions?
- How does deep brain stimulation impact patients suffering from depression?
- What is the link between selective mutism and social phobia?
- How does air pollution aggravate Alzheimer’s disease?
- Meditation for cognitive impairment patients: what’s the link?
- Discuss common physical traumas and successful ways to recover from them.
Nursing Research Topics on Health Promotion
- Helpful ways to quit smoking .
- How do workplace wellness programs serve as a practical way to encourage healthy behavior?
- Harmful effects of passive smoking.
- How does alcohol cause cancer?
- How does air pollution result in lung cancer?
- Effective ways to raise health awareness globally during the pandemic.
- How can workplaces help manage depression?
- Physical inactivity is a major contributor to death in developed countries.
- How to encourage positive eating habits and behaviors in children?
- The prevention of the development of diet-associated cancers through healthy eating habits.
- What are the effective health promotion strategies for obesity?
- Discuss the effective ways to reduce exposure to risk factors of cancer.
- The significance of health education for children: a pathway for healthy development.
- How effective is school health promotion?
- Practical ways to raise awareness against cyberbullying.
- The importance of raising awareness for the link between skin cancer and UV radiation.
- Discuss some fresh ways to maintain a healthy work environment at the workplace.
- How to increase cancer screening test rates?
- New ways to manage late-life depression among older people.
- Effective ways of communicating preventative medicine techniques.
- What are some effective methods to assess medical care quality?
Good Nursing Research Topics
- How to heal bone injuries?
- How does abortion affect a women’s body?
- The advantages and disadvantages of telemedicine.
- Elaborate on the ways for the treatment of patients inside the prison.
- Why do seizures happen in young adolescents?
- Discuss the management of disease and prevention methods.
- Ways to prevent obesity in children.
- How do social media and bad culture breed bad habits?
- Discuss nursing marijuana management and control.
- What ethics should be followed in pediatric care?
- Why are hydration and nutrition so important?
- What makes teen vaccination crucial?
- Effective therapies to cure speech disorders.
- Opioid usage to cure rheumatoid arthritis.
- What strategies does the government implement to finance the healthcare system?
- Discuss the maternal practices followed in urban areas.
- How to handle stress in the nursing profession?
- What is the significance of eCare and Telecare?
- How does pet therapy help in overcoming autism?
- The obligations involved in the nursing profession.
Quantitative Nursing Research Topics
- Describe and evaluate critical care nursing.
- What are the major reasons for heart attacks ?
- Present a critical assessment on assisted suicide and the ethics involved.
- Best ways to manage stress and information surcharge medically?
- Describe a healthy diet and its advantages.
- What are the challenges involved in chronic disease management?
- Best ways to handle cardiovascular problems.
- Present a comparison between nursing homes and home care.
- Elaborate on assisted suicide and the ethics involved.
- What are the key roles of nurses in teaching and encouraging self-care?
Interesting Nursing Research Topics
- What are the primary causes of anxiety disorders in patients?
- The limitations of medical contracts.
- Important ways to deal with high levels of stress.
- Effective ways to reduce body temperatures in households.
- The significance of gyno education among young girls.
- What are the different roles of nurses?
- Discuss the diversity in the medical field.
- What are the problems linked with menopause?
- Discuss the moral factors associated with euthanasia.
- What are the important principles of sports medicine?
- Best ways to tackle stress during night shifts.
- What is bipolar disorder? Discuss its symptoms.
- Major causes of Type II diabetes.
- What are the key reasons for hypersensitive diseases?
- The most effective ways to recover from physical trauma.
- What is the best approach to treat insomnia?
- Discuss the future of medicine and healthcare as per modern advancements.
- Present an elaborated case study on the successful ways to treat migraine.
- Share the protocol to treat a severe headache.
- Top reasons to make the healthcare system free, globally.
We understand the pressure you could be feeling when it comes to writing a nursing research paper . So, our list of nursing research topics is here to relieve you from the overwhelming feeling. Select the topic that best suits your interests. Make sure to choose something that offers room for some additional information, rather than what is already available in a lot of sources. Carefully assess the subject before writing your paper. We hope this blog was helpful!
GET ASSIGNMENT INSTANTLY
+237 650 068 843
Get in touch with us
Send us an e-mail
“A home for African Researchers”
- HIRE A WRITER
150+ NURSING PROJECT TOPICS FOR RESEARCH STUDENTS 
This blog post will give you an insight or suggestion and ideas of the various nursing project topics students can formulate for their academic research.
Bear in mind that, one research topic can be cover by more than one person, as long you choose a case study that is different from that of the previous researchers.
For example, if you are interested in research topic number 1 below, but you live or work in a different location such as Buea, you could as well choose the same topic and replace Limbe Regional Hospital with Buea Regional hospital as your case study.
Hope these topics be helpful as you journey into the research writing process. Without wasting time, let’s dive in to list of nursing project topics for nursing students.
NURSING PROJECT TOPICS FOR RESEARCH STUDENTS
1. Factors Influencing the Choice of Infant Feeding Options Among HIV Positive Mothers Attending Limbe Regional Hospital.
2. Factors That Influence the Utilization of Antenatal Care Services in Selected Public Hospitals in Buea Municipality.
3. The Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices of Health Workers Regarding Prevention and Control of Nosocomial Infection in Public Health Facilities in Cameroon: The Case of Buea Municipality
4. Knowledge, Attitudes, and Perceptions of Adolescent Girls Towards Prevention of Unintended Pregnancy in Selected Secondary Schools in Buea Municipality
5. Infant Weaning Knowledge and Practices Among Mothers in Mamfe Municipality, South West Region, Cameroon.
6. Leadership Styles of Nurse Managers and Nurses Job Satisfaction in Buea Regional Hospital
7. Knowledge and Practices of Family Planning Among Women of Child-Bearing Age in Limbe Municipality
8. Knowledge and Management of Menstruation and Menstrual Problems Among Urban and Rural Secondary School Girls in Buea Town.
9. Challenges of Exclusive Breast Feeding Among Working-Class Women in Mamfe Town
10. Attitudes of Women Towards Utilization of Modern Contraceptives in Bamenda
DOWNLOAD: Nursing Project Topics with Materials [PDF DOWNLOAD]
11. Assessment of Healthcare Waste Management Practices Among Health Workers in Buea Regional Hospital
12. Knowledge of The Cause and Prevention of Anaemia in Pregnancy Among Pregnant Mothers in Buea
13. Knowledge, Attitude, and Perception of Lassa Fever Among local indigenes of Fako Division
14. Factors Militating Against Family Planning Amongst Women in Rural Communities in Meme Division
15. Male Adolescents’ Knowledge, Perceptions and Attitudes Towards HIV/AIDS Prevention in Buea Municipality
16. The Prevalence of Home Accidents among Children Less Than Five (05) Years in Cameroon: The Case of Limbe Municipality.
17. Factors Associated with Discharge against Medical Advice among Patients in Limbe Regional Hospital, South West Region, Cameroon
18. Knowledge and Practice of Registered Nurses Towards the Care of HIV/AIDS Patients in Bamenda Regional Hospital
19. Adolescent’s Perception Towards Nursing as A Choice of Career Among form three Student of Selected Senior Secondary School in Buea
20. Hypertension and Its Prevalence Among Young Adults Attending the Diabetes/Hypertension Clinic of the Bamenda Regional Hospital
21. Nurses Knowledge and Practice of Aseptic Techniques in the operation theater of some selected hospitals in Bamenda
22. Nurse care quality and hospital-acquired infections: adhering to aseptic techniques in the Bamenda Regional Hospital
23. Assessment Of Biaka Nursing Students’ Practice Of Aseptic Technique In The Care Of Patients At the Biaka Teaching University
24. Attitude And Practice Of Nurses Towards Aseptic Technique In Public Hospitals in Buea Municipality
25. The Practice of Aseptic Techniques on Surgical Wound Dressing By Health Care Professionals in Buea Municipality
26. An Assessment of Wound Dressing by Nursing Personnel at Biaka University Teaching Hospital, Buea
27. Aseptic Wound Dressing Practices among Nurses: The case of some selected private hospitals in Bamenda
28. Nosocomial Infection and Its Prevention In Bamenda Regional Hospital
29. The Prevalence And Associated Factors Of Alcohol Use During Pregnancy Among Pregnant Women In The Buea Town Health Centre.
30. Hypertension And Its Prevalence Among Young Adults Attending The Diabetes/Hypertension Clinic Of The Buea Regional Hospital.
31. Anaemia And Associated Risk Factors Among Pregnant Women Aged (18-49) Attending Antenatal Clinic At The Buea Regional Hospital
32. The Perception And Attitude Of Pregnant Women In Buea Municipality Towards Cesarean Section
33. Male Adolescents’ Knowledge, Perceptions, And Attitudes Towards HIV/AIDS Prevention In Buea Municipality
34. Assessing Knowledge, Practice And Factors Influencing Birth Preparedness And Complication Readiness Among Couples In Limbe I Municipality
35. An Analysis Of The Increase In Mortality Rate As A Result Of Abortion Among Young Women In Buea Municipality
36. An Investigation Into The Effect, Causes, And Prevalence Of Female Prostitution In Cameroon Tertiary Institution: The Case Study Of Some Selected University In Buea Municipality
37. Analyzing The Knowledge Of students About Tuberculosis Cause And Its Effects in some selected secondary schools in Buea Municipality.
38. The effects of extended workdays on fatigue, health, performance, and satisfaction in the nursing profession among nurses in Limbe.
Research Proposal, Why You Should Hire Us
39. Self-assessed quality of sleep, occupational health, working environment, illness experience, and job satisfaction of female nurses working different combinations of shifts in the Buea Municipality.
40. The effects of night shift schedules on nurses working in private hospitals in Mamfe Town.
41. Assessment of Knowledge and Attitude For patients and their Care Givers Regarding Typhoid Disease in Outpatient Clinics in Mount Mary Hospital in Buea
42. Assessment of Knowledge and Risk Perception towards Typhoid Fever among Communities in the Buea Municipality
43. Knowledge regarding prevention and management of typhoid fever among patients and caregivers attending the Regional Hospital Limbe
44. Nursing Management Of A Patient With Typhoid Fever At The Buea Town Integrated Health Centre
We provide guidance and directives on the following other services
- Topic selection
- Proposal writing
- Data Analysis
- PowerPoint Building
- Editing services
- Proofreading services
Contact us now for any of the above-listed services:
Whatsapp: (+237) 650068843
Share this post
Pls any work on the assessment of the level of knowledge of adults on the prevalence, risk factors and prevention of primary hypertension? Thanks
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Project Topics with Materials All Departments [2023-2024]
Project Topics with Materials All Departments [2023-2024] Having trouble finding project topics with materials? Look no further! This guide will...
Best Public Health Project Topics for students in Cameroon
Best Public Health Project Topics for students in Cameroon 1). Substance Use Among Secondary Students in the Limbe health district. 2)....
165 Transition words used in essay writing
What are Transition Words? Transition words are linking words that are used in content to connect sentences and ideas. They assist...
Validity and Reliability: Discover 5 Easy Validation and Reliability Checks you can Apply.
Validity and Reliability How Valid and Reliable is your Questionnaire? This is one question every Research Student must answer one day...
Chemistry project topics for undergraduate and postgraduate students in Cameroon
1. Evaluation of chemical components in energy drinks 2. The biochemistry of biogas production from biodegradable 3. Treatment techniques of municipal solid...
40+ Gender Studies Project topics for undergraduates and Postgraduate students
1. The Effect Of Gender Inequality On Women Employment Opportunity in Cameroon: Case study Women in Mamfe Central 2. The Impact...
Philosophy Project Topics For Undergraduates And Postgraduates Students
1. The Existence Of God And The Problem Of Evil A Philosophical Evaluation 2. Conscience In Thomas Aquinas: A Philosophical Reflection 3....
Project Management Project Topics for Undergraduate and postgraduate students
1. An In-depth Analysis of Hospital Assets in the Public Sector (Case Study of Hospitals in Limbe Municipality). 2. An In-depth...
Conflict Resolution Project Topics for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students in Cameroon
1. The Effect Of Boko Haram Attacks On Agricultural Business Productivity And Food Security In Northern Cameroon. 2. Socio-Cultural Organisation And...
Secretarial Studies Project Topics for Undergraduate and postgraduate students in Cameroon
Secretarial Studies Project Topics for Undergraduate and postgraduate students in Cameroon 1. The Role Of A Secretary In Office Administration And...
Find the best tips and advice to improve your writing. Or, have a top expert write your paper.
110 Amazing Nursing Research Topics for Students
Are you planning to join a nursing college? Well, the bulk of your work will involve writing research papers to demonstrate your comprehension of various aspects and preparedness as a nursing professional. Put it this way; if you want to be successful in nursing, you have to get it right on every nursing research paper. This brings us to the main question: “How do you write a great research paper?”
To help you craft top-notch papers, we are going to provide you with a comprehensive guide. Finally, we will list 110 top nursing research paper topics that you can use today.
What is Nursing Research Paper?
Before we can list the hottest researchable topics in nursing, it is important to establish what these papers are.
A nursing research paper is a common type of academic writing for nursing students. The papers can be based on theoretical aspects such as human physiology, healthcare management, or lab applications.
The main goal of the research papers is to help students develop skills that are necessary for the nursing profession. Your professor will be looking for a clear understanding of key concepts, penchant for details, and impressive writing skills.
Top Nursing Research Paper Topics Today
If you are faced with the challenge of selecting a research topic for your nursing paper, there is no need to panic. In reality, you are not alone. Many students, including proficient writers, are faced with the challenge at some point. To jump-start your process, we are going to list the top 110 hot topics in nursing that you can use. Go ahead and pick them directly or tweak a little to fit your preferred paper.
Great childhood nursing research topics
- Causes and treatment of ADHD.
- A closer look at antibiotics resistance in children.
- What are the main causes of seizures in children?
- Child obesity: What are the main causes?
- Analyzing why the strategies adopted for addressing child obesity are failing.
- Ethics of pediatric care.
- How effective are the measures used in preventing infant injury during delivery?
- The best strategies for treating malnutrition in children.
- Analyzing the evolution of neonatal care in the last 50 years.
- What are the main causes of child mortality in the UK?
Mental health research topics for nursing students
- What are the best treatment methods for dementia patients?
- How effective is the mirror therapy in brain rehabilitation?
- Harms vs. benefits of using antipsychotics when preventing delirium.
- Cancer-related fatigue and depression: What is the relationship?
- How safe are disposable cuffs?
- Using abdominal massage to reduce residual gastric volumes in critically ill patients.
- Helping stroke patients regain their motor functions.
- What are the main causes of chest pain in adults?
- How effective are the methods used to help intimate partner violence victims?
- Analyzing the effectiveness of emergency medical assistance for road traffic accidents.
Good nursing research topics on women issues
- A closer look at post-pregnancy care for women after losing fetuses.
- What are the main factors contributing to the current high infertility rates in women?
- How effective are the procedures used for breast cancer screening?
- A deeper look at the preventative measures used for sexually transmitted infections.
- Evaluating Chlamydia treatment plans and their effectiveness.
- Analyzing the main causes of osteoporosis in women.
- How effective are preventive health programs against sexually transmitted diseases in women?
- Addressing the emotional symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
- What are the best methods for treating acne in women?
- Evaluating the current strategies used to increase the chances of conception in women.
Interesting obstetric nursing research topics
- Does breastfeeding increase mother to child HIV infections?
- What are the main risks associated with early pregnancies?
- Education workshops for new mothers: Are they important?
- Importance of awareness about blood sugar during pregnancy.
- What are the causes of miscarriage in the first trimester of pregnancy?
- Demystifying episiotomy.
- What is epidural?
- What is the best pain management method during delivery?
- What are the benefits and demerits of delivery with a partner?
- Caesarean Section: What emergencies necessitate the use of CS for delivery?
- Evaluating unhealthy habits during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- What factors cause the pregnancy to go beyond the 40 th week?
Hot topics in nursing issues
- How effective are the strategies used to address emotional health for nurses?
- A closer look at the evolution of nursing in the 20 th century.
- What strategies are used to reduce the danger of contracting infectious diseases?
- What are the dangers of inadequate nurse staffing for patients?
- Analyzing the role of nursing in healthcare services.
- Evaluating the impact of culture in nursing.
- What are the benefits of collaborative nursing?
- What legal issues can a nurse face in the course of her/his work?
- Male nurses offering intimate care to female patients.
- What are the challenges that stand on the path of becoming a certified nurse?
- What are the best strategies for addressing staffing challenges in public health facilities?
- Human resources development: What are the best strategies for increasing nurses’ productivity?
- The ethics of adopting internationally trained nurses.
Top quantitative nursing research topics
- A closer look at data collection ethics in adult healthcare.
- Evaluating the mortality rates related to sex and heart attack.
- Analyzing the development of telehealth.
- Cardiovascular issues and their treatment.
- Comparing home care to nursing homes.
- Evaluating critical care nursing.
- Analyzing the effectiveness of massage therapy.
- Analyzing the ethics of assisted suicide.
- What are the benefits of healthy diets?
- A closer look at peculiarities of ambulatory healthcare.
- A closer look at the balance between healthcare and costs.
- Should stress and information overload be treated medically?
- Managing chronic diseases: What are the challenges?
- How effective are the current strategies for treating eating disorders?
- What is the effectiveness of the application of pet therapy?
- Teaching self-care: Should this be the primary role of every nurse?
- What are the rights of nurses when handling abusive patients?
- Comparing nurses from different countries across the globe.
- Analyzing the main causes of heart attacks.
Hot nursing research topics in pain management
- A closer look at pain management in hemophilia.
- Analyzing fetal pain perception by medical experts.
- Best practices in pain management during labor and delivery.
- How effective is cognitive hypnotherapy application in pain management?
- What are the best alternatives for long-term pain treatment?
- What are the common pain disorders caused by wrong acute pain management?
- Analyzing Benson’s relaxation therapy for main management.
- A closer look at the main post-discharge pain-management strategies.
- How effective are the strategies for pain management in cancer patients?
- Analyzing the effectiveness of non-pharmacological methods of pain-relief for adolescents.
- What are the best methods of managing pain in children with life-limiting illnesses?
- Analyzing the US policy on acute dental pain management in children.
Nursing research topics in primary healthcare
- Analyzing the role of private healthcare providers in the mental health services system.
- Evaluating bias in most healthcare financing strategies.
- How effective are the assessment methods used in public healthcare facilities?
- Comparing private healthcare and public healthcare systems.
- What improvements can you recommend for the primary health care services today?
- A closer look at the benefits and demerits of vaccination programs.
- What are the primary roles of nurses working in schools?
- Medical services at patients’ homes: What are the pros and cons?
- What are the benefits of nursing classification?
- How effective are probiotics in diarrhea treatment?
Good nursing research topics in nurses and doctors relationships
- Should nurses and doctors have equal opportunities?
- Exploring the methods of treatment used by doctors and nurses?
- Comparing the training process for doctors and nurses.
- Demonstrating the importance of good relationships between doctors and nurses.
Nursing research topic ideas in healthcare management
- Who is responsible for failure in surgeries?
- What roles do human resources management play in hospitals?
- Nursing uniform code: Evaluating the main rules.
- Evaluating gender prejudices in nursing.
- Analyzing the management principles for healthcare experts.
- What are the best methods for enhancing staff relations in healthcare facilities?
- Pros and cons of Medicare.
- Marijuana management: What are the main rules?
- Analyzing the quality of healthcare service in the US asylums.
- What are the main channels that nurses can use to become physicians?
Developing a Good Nursing Research Paper Outline
Now that you know what a nursing research paper is, the next step, the nursing essay outline. This will be your blueprint for crafting a great paper.
The first step when developing a nursing paper outline is selecting the preferred topic. Here, the aim is picking an interesting topic with ample resources. The best resources should be no older than five years after their publication. When working on your research paper outline, consider it as a table of content that tells you where a specific item is discussed in a publication. Here is a complete outline that you should consider for your paper.
- The nursing research paper title
Here, you commence by broadly defining the topic. You should consider telling the reader what the main concept you are working on is about. Remember to make the opening statement interesting so that the reader can have the anticipation to keep reading the paper.
Still, in the intro, provide the research questions and give some background about the topic. You can opt to capture some statistics about the topic or use a quote. For example, a student writing about HIV and AIDS might opt to capture the prevalence rates in the region of interest. Note that this should be brief because the main details will be discussed in the body of the paper.
At the end of the introduction, provide a thesis statement. This is your argument that will feature in every part of the paper.
- The Main Body
Once you are through with the introduction, it is time to get down to crafting your nursing paper. Make sure to break the body of the essay into individual paragraphs. Every paragraph should be about a specific item. If the nursing research paper is long, consider dividing the body into several sections.
When crafting a paragraph, the golden rule is using the three main parts; make a claim, support with evidence, and explain. On the claim part, you highlight the main point. Then, dig deeper and support it with evidence. This can be quotes, reports, demonstrations, and statistics. Finally, you should explain the information so that the reader comprehends everything you are talking about.
To make your nursing essay more professional, go ahead, and capture counterarguments. And, if the paper is very long, consider using a sort of conclusion for every section. This will serve as a great connector between various arguments that you highlight in the paper.
Nursing Research Topics – Use Them Today!
This post has provided you the complete details of how to craft a winning paper in nursing. Once you have selected a great topic and crafted an outline, it is time to get down to writing. But remember that you will also need to reference the paper well and write a reference list. This could be in APA or Harvard, among other styles recommended by your department. Are these requirements too much for you?
If you find writing your nursing paper too much because of one reason or another, the best option is seeking writing help from professionals . The writing professionals will craft a winning outline, body, and conclusion for your paper. It is a sure way to rake the best grade for your nursing paper.
Make PhD experience your own
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- Skip to Guides Search
- Skip to breadcrumb
- Skip to main content
- Skip to footer
- Skip to chat link
- Report accessibility issues and get help
- Go to Penn Libraries Home
- Go to Franklin catalog
Guide for Nursing Students: Library Resources
Accessing full text.
- How to Get Books Not Available at Penn Libraries
Clinical Reference Tools
These tools are designed to provide "point-of-care" assistance. Information is summarized, evidence based, and reviewed by experts. Available both on the web and mobile devices
- UpToDate UpToDate is a practical clinical reference designed to provide instant access to the information you need. It is comprised of thousands of original topic reviews written by a recognized faculty of experts who each address a specific clinical issue and provide detailed recommendations.
- ClinicalKey A clinical search engine. Searches clinically related material produced by Elseiver. Replaces MDConsult. Access includes full text textbooks, Clinics of North America, full text journals, practice guidelines, drug information and patient education.
EBP Search Tools
- JBI Evidence-Based Practice Search evidence-based best practices, evidence summaries and guidelines reviewed and appraised by JBI.
- TRIP Database A clinical search engine designed to find and use high-quality research evidence to support practice and/or care. Search results contain evidence-based synopses, systematic reviews, guidelines, core primary research and more.
- Cochrane Clinical Answers Provides a readable, digestible, clinically focused entry point to rigorous research from Cochrane Reviews. They are designed to be actionable and to inform point-of-care decision-making.
- OVID's Evidence-Based Health Collection. A evidence-based resource meant to provide clinicians, students and researchers access to information to guide clinical decisions and patient care.
- Agency for Healthcare Research Quality
Recommended Databases for Nursing Literature
- PubMed NLM's public access version to Medline, the premier database for biomedical literature.
- CINAHL/ Nursing Database Nursing and allied health literature.
- EMBASE Covers biomedical literature. Includes coverage of over 1,800 biomedical titles not offered by Medline/PubMed.
- Scopus Indexes most peer reviewed journals in science, technology, and medicine, and many in the social sciences, arts, and humanities. Scopus also includes a number of trade publications and conference papers, and can perform author and affiliation searching.
- APA PsycInfo The American Psychological Association's comprehensive indexing and abstracting service for the professional and scholarly literature in psychology and related fields. Coverage is worldwide. Sources are in English and over thirty languages.
Graduate and Advanced Undergraduate Students
- Resources for Nursing Students in Research Courses Library Guide
- AccessAPN E-textbooks supporting advanced practice curricula, including Johns Hopkins EBP Practice, AACN Essentials of Critical Care Nursing, Saba's Essentials of Nursing Informatics, and others.
- Cochrane Library Regularly updated collection of evidence-based medicine databases.
- Zotero Library Guide Learn how to create an account and start using Zotero.
The library also supports a variety of other reference management tools (RefWorks, EndNote, Mendely, etc.). You can learn more from this library guide.
Overview: Citation Management
Contact A Subject Librarian
- Nursing Liaison Librarian
- [email protected]
- Graduate & Clinical Research Liaison
- [email protected]
Health Care Industry Research
The Lippincott Business Library provides resource suggestions for researching the business aspects of health care.
- Health Care Industry guide
Anatomy Review Tools
- Visible Body
- Complete Anatomy This interactive anatomy education platform brings together human models, content, and cutting edge technology. Easily navigate the model, use the dissecting tools, and then jump into AI mode. Map the origin/insertion points of muscles or trace the origin path of a nerve. Explore over 1000 detailed videos.
- Ackland's Atlas of Human Anatomy
- Anatomage Table Located in the Holman Biotech Commons, the Anatomage Table provides a detailed look at real anatomy in 3D.
- Lexicomp Provides clear, concise, point-of-care drug information, including dosing, administration, warnings and precautions, as well as clinical content. Also includes information on natural products
- Micromedex Suite of databases providing full text drug and substance data.
- Last Updated: Oct 24, 2023 2:22 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.upenn.edu/NursingStudents
Capstone Projects for Nursing Programs
Learn about our editorial process .
Updated December 2, 2022 · 3 Min Read
Our Integrity Network
NurseJournal.org is committed to delivering content that is objective and actionable. To that end, we have built a network of industry professionals across higher education to review our content and ensure we are providing the most helpful information to our readers.
Drawing on their firsthand industry expertise, our Integrity Network members serve as an additional step in our editing process, helping us confirm our content is accurate and up to date. These contributors:
- Suggest changes to inaccurate or misleading information.
- Provide specific, corrective feedback.
- Identify critical information that writers may have missed.
Integrity Network members typically work full time in their industry profession and review content for NurseJournal.org as a side project. All Integrity Network members are paid members of the Red Ventures Education Integrity Network.
Explore our full list of Integrity Network members.
Are you ready to earn your online nursing degree?
Capstone courses function as a bridge between the end of school and the beginning of a career, allowing nursing students to put what they've learned into practice. As the name suggests, students complete capstones toward the end of their nursing training. Not every nursing program requires a capstone, but those that do generally culminate in a bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) or doctor of nursing practice (DNP) degree.
Each nursing program sets their own requirements. While capstone formats differ between programs, they typically consist of an evidence-based practice formal paper or presentation. Students might complete their capstone projects as team leaders, and BSN candidates may present their papers to a faculty panel. Projects could include case studies, program evaluations, and policy analyses.
The focus on evidence-based practice allows students to apply research and experiential evidence toward solving a healthcare problem. For example, candidates may develop intervention strategies that promote health, improve outcomes, enhance quality of life, and foster safe practices for patients.
Capstone goals center on the application of knowledge gained during nursing training programs, including topics related to leadership , management, research, theories, and evidence-based practice, along with the strategies needed to transition from students to baccalaureate-level nurses.
Choosing Your Nursing Capstone Topic
When selecting a capstone topic, students should evaluate their interests, strengths, and weaknesses, along with their chosen nursing specialty area. Luther College recommends that students with lower GPAs and weaker nursing skills consider a basic medical-surgical topic. Those with strong clinical skills and high GPAs might choose emergency or intensive care medicine, although some students might prefer outpatient topics, such as clinical services, long-term care, or public health. However, this is simply an example of one school's approach, and readers should keep in mind that each school sets its own policies and recommendations.
Asking for guidance from faculty, supervisors, preceptors, and fellow students also helps narrow down capstone topics. Advisors can also provide assistance in choosing an appropriate capstone site, helping with questions of geographical location, facility size, patient population, and care delivery model.
Students develop and learn the skills needed to complete their capstones throughout their training. These include organization and time management, knowledge of evidence-based practice, writing, and critical thinking. They also learn to conduct literature searches, identify research designs, and evaluate evidence.
Completing Your Nursing Capstone
Capstone formats and completion times widely vary between programs. Students at Luther College and Purdue University Northwest complete their capstones in 4-5 weeks, while Ferris State University specifies a timeframe of 30 hours of online classes and 90 hours of applied project work. Case Western Reserve University's capstone spans 10 weeks.
Regardless of the program, most students follow a PICO format for project proposal questions of inquiry: population, intervention, comparison or condition, and outcome.
Some universities allow capstone projects to be completed in teams, in which students develop and implement the project. Capstone components may include defining the project and the team leader's role, selecting team members, and formulating the project plan.
In addition to the skills previously referenced, such as knowledge of evidence-based care, critical thinking, and effective writing, capstone courses hone leadership and management abilities These include mastering therapeutic communication, applying leadership and management concepts, and developing collaborative relationships and working on multidisciplinary teams.
Presenting Your Nursing Capstone
The capstone process culminates in a paper or presentation that measures students' skills in communication, information dissemination, and application of evidence-based practice skills. Members of the public may attend.
Utilizing the poster format, students commonly use three panels to illustrate: (1) the background, problem, and purpose; (2) methodology; and (3) 2-3 key findings and implications. Students who present using PowerPoint on a laptop or other device should pay attention to time limits, planning for one slide per minute, and verify that equipment and internet connectivity are available.
Visuals like graphs, figures, and bullet points are more effective than large blocks of text . Students should practice presenting in front of others to ensure that they thoroughly know their content and can answer questions. Backing up a copy of a PowerPoint presentation and printing out copies or transparencies guards against last-minute glitches.
Featured Online Bachelor's Programs
How is a nursing capstone graded.
Capstone grading methods differ between programs, with some issuing letter grades and others using a pass/no pass system. Grades typically hinge on a percentage basis of the project's written sections, the final proposal, and the presentation. Faculty evaluate how students execute the capstone course objectives, which may include the following:
Problem identification related to nursing practice, administration, policy, or education
Theoretical research and literature review, critical analysis and synthesis of literature and research findings, recommendations for evidence-based practice, discussion of implications regarding nursing roles, research, policy, and education, professional and civil collaboration and communication, use of the nursing process: assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation, compliance with the nursing code of ethics, including ethical use of technology.
Students' presentation skill evaluation criteria include exhibiting thorough preparation and knowledge of the subject matter, clear and concise communication, adherence to any time limits, ability to answer questions and cite references, and persuasiveness.
What is the Difference Between a Nursing Capstone and a Thesis?
Students complete capstones individually or in groups, while thesis projects must be done alone. Capstone project time lengths span between four and 12 weeks, while graduate students work on their thesis projects throughout their 2- to 3-year programs. Graduate thesis courses generally take place over 1-2 semesters to keep students on track.
Finally, capstone topics evaluate current issues and theories; thesis students incorporate existing case studies and literature while exploring and arguing for their own original research. Some schools require students to publish their thesis papers in a healthcare journal.
Theresa Granger, Ph.D., MN, NP-C With over two decades of teaching and clinical practice as a family nurse practitioner, Dr. Granger is an expert in nursing education and clinical practice at all levels of education (associate, baccalaureate, and graduate). She has published and lectured extensively on nursing education and clinical practice-related content. Her expertise ranges from student advising and mentoring to curricular and content design (both on ground and online) to teaching and formal course delivery. Dr. Granger is one of the founding faculty members of the University of Southern California’s first ever fully online graduate family nurse practitioner program .
NurseJournal.org is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Whether you’re looking to get your pre-licensure degree or taking the next step in your career, the education you need could be more affordable than you think. Find the right nursing program for you.
Popular Nursing Resources
Resources and articles written by professionals and other nurses like you.
- FREE PROJECT TOPICS
- NCE PROJECT TOPICS
- OND PROJECT TOPICS
- HND PROJECT TOPICS
- BSC PROJECT TOPICS
- PGDE PROJECT TOPICS
- MBA PROJECT TOPICS
- MSC PROJECT TOPICS
- HIRE A WRITER FOR NCE
- HIRE A WRITER FOR OND
- HIRE A WRITER FOR HND
- HIRE A WRITER FOR BSC
- HIRE A WRITER FOR PGD
- HIRE A WRITER FOR MSC
- HIRE A WRITER FOR MBA
List of Nursing Project Topics and Materials PDF Download
List of Nursing Project Topics and Research Thesis Materials PDF and DOC File Download for Final Year Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students in the University and Polytechnic.
Approved Read-Made Nursing Research Topics with Seminar Works for the Degree of National Diploma (ND), Higher National Diploma (HND), (BSC) Bachelor of Sciences, (MSC) Master of Science, and Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy).
Nursing Thesis and Dissertation Topics, Proposal Topics, Journals, Presentations, Seminar Topics, Research Papers, and Project Reports can also be gotten from this page.
All Project Materials for the Nursing Department Listed on this Research Page have their Complete work from Chapters 1 to 5 which are: Title Page and the Case Study, Table Of Contents, Abstract, the Background of the Study, Statement of the Problem, Research Questions, Objectives of the Study, Research Hypothesis, Signification of the Study, the Scope of the Study, the Definition Of Terms, Organization of the Study, Literature Review (Theoretical Framework or Conceptual Framework), Research Methodology, Sources of Data Collection, the Population of the Study, Sampling and Sampling Distribution, Validation of Research Instrument, Method of Data Analysis, Data Analysis, Introduction, Summary, Conclusion, Recommendation, References/Bibliography/Citations and Questionnaire (Appendix).
The Topics below are for Nigerian Students, Ghanaian Students, and International Students. Countries like (Kenya, Liberia, Cameroon, United States, Uk, Canada, Germany, South Africa, Zambia, India e.t.c).
Do You Need Help? Call us or Whatsapp us @ (+234) 08060082010, 08107932631, 09075193621 or Via Email: [email protected]
Showing all 108 results
Assessment of Quality of Antenatal Care Services in Primary Health Centres in Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti state
sold by Damian Chibueze
Importance of Exclusive Breastfeeding on the Health of Infant
Choice of infant feeding practice among women of child bearing age, the attitudes of women during labour, knowledge and understanding of the effects of immunization of children under the age of 5 years, pregnancy induced hypertension in women in lagos state, evaluation of the level of awareness of the dangers associated with anemia in pregnancy, factors influencing the attitude of mothers towards immunization, coping strategies and its effect on the quality of life of cancer patients attending federal teaching hospital ido- ekiti, the role of interpersonal communication on maternal health of expectant mothers (a case study of selected hospitals in owerri), factors influencing the choice of infant feeding practice among women of childbearing age in irrua specialist teaching hospital, a proposal on psychological impact on sickle cell anaemia patients, role of nurses in prevention of surgical site infection in surgical units of the hospital, a descriptive study of clinical midwives experiences of covid-19 during shift hours in tamale teaching hospital, midwives attitude and its effect towards the clients at the antenatal clinic unit, factors militating against the practice of aseptic technique at the ward level, acceptance and attitudes of student nurses towards covid-19 vaccine in seventh day adventist school of nursing, assessment of knowledge and prevention of lassa fever among people attending primary health care, impact of maternal literacy on malnutrition in children (0-5yrs), evaluating the influence of clinical experience on the academic performance of student midwives, effects of maternal attributes on malnutrition among pregnant women in sulaja niger state, level of awareness among pregnant women assessing anti natal care in primary health center, perception and attitude of pregnant women towards hepatitis b infection, lack of awareness on prevention of anaemia in pregnancy among pregnant women in rural area, knowledge and acceptability of cervical cancer screening among female student in the federal university of technology owerri, knowledge and acceptability of cervical cancer screening among female part-time students, the attitude of nurses towards relapse prevention among psychiatric in federal neuropsychiatric hospital, statistical analysis on fertility and mortality rate in osogbo local government between the year (2006 – 2009), a research study on attitude of nurses towards relapse prevention among psychiatric patients in federal neuropsychiatric hospital, measures utilized for prevention of nosocomial infection in the labour ward, analyzing the knowledge of people about tuberculosis cause and its effects, analysis on the knowledge, attitude and practice regarding immunization of under-five children among mothers attending antenatal clinic (anc), identification of the sources of information that nursing students access in relation to hiv and aids, knowledge and practice of food hygiene among food vendors, the non-compliance to tuberculosis treatment among patients suffering tuberculosis, to determine the sex ratio of students with stds attended to at the university and to examine the age distribution of students with stds attended to at the university health centre, the perception and attitude of pregnant women in oredo local government towards cesarean section, the perception and attitude of pregnant women towards cesarean section, effects of malnutrition among children, sexuality and contraceptive use among adolescents, mental health in developing countries, sanitation and hygiene, mothers` perspectives of female genital mutilation, experiences of women victimized by domestic violence, exercise as a boost for the health promotion of the elderly, accessibility to the health care system, the boys get the pleasure the girls get the pain, prevention of malaria, nurses’ role in prevention of infant and under-five child mortality in africa, male adolescents’ knowledge, perceptions and attitudes towards hiv/aids prevention, attitude of student nurses’ toward people with disabilities, prevalence and patterns of psycho active substance use among senior secondary school students, perceived socio-cultural factors influencing nutritional status of children below 5 years in selected rural communities, nursing students’ perceptions of clinical nursing training, nurses’ perception of their nurse managers’ delegation of responsibilities in four tertiary hospitals, maternal health care seeking behaviour and pregnancy outcome, knowledge, attitude and practice of care of the elderly patients among health workers, knowledge, accessibility and use of information communication technology (ict) among students and teachers, knowledge and perception of federal civil servants, demographic and socio-economic factors influencing utilization of maternal health services, coping strategies of clients with fertility challenges attending obstetric and gynaecological clinic, conflict management skills of nurse tutors in basic schools of nursing, personality types as correlates of test anxiety among university based and hospital based nursing students, managing hiv and aids stigma in the workplace, maternal health care seeking behaviour pregnancy outcome, midwives’ and mothers’ perception of midwives service scheme, knowledge and perception of the fderal civil servants towards health insurance scheme, economic burden of cancer and payment coping mechanism, assessing knowledge, practice and factors influencing birth preparedness and complication readiness among couples, perceptions of actual and preferred hospital clinical learning environment of student nurses, factors influencing the choice of infant feeding options among hiv positive mothers attending health facilities, analysis of job satisfaction of professional nurses in public and private sectors, knowledge, attitude and practice of patient teaching among nurses working in tertiary health institutions, evaluation of knowledge and attitude of nurses to information technology on nursing care delivery, mass media and promotion of the benefit of exclusive breastfeeding, challenges of exclusive breastfeeding among working class women, knowledge and attitude of nursing mothers on exclusive breastfeeding, patient perception and satisfaction with healthcare professionals at primary care facilities, knowledge of the effect of regular pelvic floor exercises on maternal health among women of reproductive age, psychoactive substance use among young people, knowledge and perception of hypertension and it’s management among clients/patients, knowledge of the cause and prevention of anaemia in pregnancy among pregnant mothers, perception and acceptance of caesarean section among pregnant women, factors militating against family planning amongst women in rural communities, knowledge, attitude and perception of lassa fever among people, effectiveness of exclusive breastfeeding in the development of under 5 children, attitude and practice of standard precautions among healthcare workers, knowledge and practice of infection control among midwives, the role of nurses in management of thyphoid in west africa, the importance of social workers in an hospital, the attitude of nurses towards relapse prevention among psychiatric patients, the determinance of induced abortion among undergraduates students in nigeria, influence of information sources on knowledge, attitude and practice of exclusive breastfeeding among nursing mothers, utilization of donabedian model in evaluation of maternal and child healthcare quality service, environmental hygiene and health status of traders, attitudes of women towards utilization of modern contraceptives, information seeking behaviour and utilization of information communication technology among reproductive health professionals in general hospital, assessment of patient attitude to the involvement of students in radiographic examinations in hospitals, assessment of patients’ attitude towards the use of radiology changing room and changing facilities, health-related quality of life of diabetes mellitus patients and non-diabetics, nutritional status of under-five children and associated factors, nursing intervention for the promotion of infection control in two teaching hospitals, effect of a training programme on knowledge and practice of lifestyle modification among hypertensive patients attending out-patient clinics, assessment of healthcare waste management practices among health workers, effect of nursing- based intervention on exclusive breastfeeding practice among pregnant women attending two primary health care centers, effect of a nurse-led training programme on knowledge of risky behaviours among motorcycle operators, factors influencing the utilization of prevention of mother–to-child transmission (pmctc) services among pregnant women attending clinic, the influence of stress on work behavior among nurses.